Vinyl - Currently Spinning

37 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

the recent re-issue of Exodus and Kaya are very good pressings for not a lot of $$

Have a close look at the runout.

I had current pressings on Universal done in Holland with stampers carrying the old US Capitol note "Mastered at Capitol" which explains the good sound.

46 minutes ago, eman said:

I don't see that pressing on Discogs.

Generally I found this album too long for a single vinyl LP.

It's a bit quiet to try to get the length on there, the dynamics are muted for the same reason.

Early CD is good and I found the first UK press the best for single LP.

There's a few 2LP versions now and a few versions with different tracks too.

https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Marley-The-Wailers-Legend-The-Best-Of-Bob-Marley-And-The-Wailers/release/14825809

yes there is a double Vinyl of this too - might get that down the track maybe, but it is $59.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eman said:

I don't see that pressing on Discogs.

Generally I found this album too long for a single vinyl LP.

It's a bit quiet to try to get the length on there, the dynamics are muted for the same reason.

Early CD is good and I found the first UK press the best for single LP.

There's a few 2LP versions now and a few versions with different tracks too.

This is it

https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Marley-The-Wailers-Legend-The-Best-Of-Bob-Marley-And-The-Wailers/release/14825809

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, April Snow said:

yes there is a double Vinyl of this too - might get that down the track maybe, but it is $59.

Hi April

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/offer-listing/B07PFM93D7/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1589594064&sr=8-2

if you are a Amazon Prime member, it is a little cheaper then $59.

• Like 1

Well why not follow the lead and kick off Saturday morning listening with a 1984 Australian pressing.  It is very good, purchased second hand and ran through the URCM but could probably do with a little more.  Has some real weight and depth to the sound, oh and great songs

Legend, the best of Bob Marley and the Wailers

73FFEC57-1B81-44CC-9A01-D18EE97529F7.jpeg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Hi April

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/offer-listing/B07PFM93D7/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1589594064&sr=8-2

if you are a Amazon Prime member, it is a little cheaper then $59.

Yes I am a Prime member and nearly brought that, but decided I did not want to spend that much at this time. JB also have this as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hlov said:

The Style Council - Introducing the Style Council, it includes the piano version of the Paris match and Paul Weller sings a bit in French, very cool

9A72861C-BEA0-4A61-9438-01DE90B19656.jpeg

Just a word of warning, H, better not to take these photos in the nude mate.:o:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Just a word of warning, H, better not to take these photos in the nude mate.:o:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Oh boy, I normally trimmed them before posting them, in my defence I was wearing my cycling gear ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

Pythons by Surfer Blood, one of Keith's ( @cheekyboy ) last sales as VinylEye.

1077892556_PythonsSurferBlood.jpg.5b7e710f97250ef9738f455ef6bb7cb6.jpg

From pitchfork.com:

Surfer Blood's latest seems to feel pretty conflicted about itself: hooky, Weezer-ish guitar pop offset by desperate, discomfiting lyrics, fleeting hopes of reconciliation quickly dashed by heavy-hearted resignation.

JJ

• Like 6

Now a trip back in time to the Arabian Nights 

An album that is a classical suite that has had the prog treatment - But  still thrills me every time I listen to it 

Artist - Renaissance

Title - Scheherazade and Other Stories

Album ID 

My album is a US first pressing from 1975 

14-DBB940-B10-E-42-B1-8-B61-E1-E7771-CF3

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, hlov said:

The Style Council - Introducing the Style Council, it includes the piano version of the Paris match and Paul Weller sings a bit in French, very cool

781DCC1F-7F01-44C9-A0AE-5DF496F30AFC.jpeg

Mate. I see of late, that you are hiding those lovely personalised speaker stands.?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Mate. I see of late, that you are hiding those lovely personalised speaker stands.

I agree, it is optically inspirational.

Just to possess such outside the square thinking and courage without the restraint of convention is a lesson to us all.?

Edited by rantan
  • Like 2

On 15/05/2020 at 1:14 PM, hlov said:

You also like this one :)

Couldn't contain myself hlove.

Found the 2015 Deluxe version on line. The one with 3 LPs, the 3rd being demos. Bit of research l did seemed to indicate that the sq is pretty good. Thought it was a snip at $64. Amazon Aus has the 2015, 2 LP reissue at $49. The cheapest l could find. I'm assuming they are the same pressing, but with the additional album 3? If anyone can confirm that for me.

If anyone has what l have just purchased, please let me know what you think of it.

Thanks.

Ken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Justin Timberlake

Future Sex/Love Sounds

Europe

Saw this tour when he came to Australia - was fierce - a great live artist.

IMG_4766.JPG

Another handsome man in your life April.?

• Love 1

To Top