Vinyl - Currently Spinning

51 minutes ago, hlov said:

It sounds really nice and looks very cool :) I grabbed it along with another albums from an SNA member that was selling all his records

The estate have put out a few re-issues in the Purple and they do sound good - glad you love it ?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Prince ‎– HITNRUN Phase Two - 2LP - his last album - released Dec, 2015 - still shows he had so much more great music he could have made and released.

5NYJfEv.jpg

I wish this got officially released on vinyl along with Phase One and also 20Ten .........

guess it will eventually hopefully along with Piano & Microphone 2016 he was working on before he died...........

*sigh*

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I wish this got officially released on vinyl along with Phase One and also 20Ten .........

guess it will eventually hopefully along with Piano & Microphone 2016 he was working on before he died...........

*sigh*

absolutely.

this and Phase one sound great considering they are boots.  spread over 2LP's for each album.    I think these will be a while thou.

20Ten will be this year I reckon - maybe early next with covid-19 screwing release timings.

only a few weeks to go for the next Prince reissues :wub:

• Like 2

Prince ‎– HITnRUN Phase One. 2LP - easily my fav out of the HitnRun albums.  After a few plays, this is fresh, short, sharp, modern and leaves you wanting more.  the last two tracks are as good as any ending of any Prince album imo.

AOehTqo.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, hlov said:

I have that version as well, can’t recall how I managed to score that one for under 100 from an Oz retailer, I opened a threat few months back the DS MoFi collection and most of the comments were positive. The Oz versions are really nice. I have the OZ debut album and the rest of them are British pressings and I love them, if you are not keen to pay about 500 bucks for all the collection get the British ones, you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 8:59 AM, Rocketfrogs said:

Buckingham Nicks (1973)

And if you go forward, I'll meet you there
And if you climb up through the cold freezing air
Look down below you search out above
And cry out to life for a frozen love  
(Frozen Love)

P1070797.JPG.08851033fe06cecf19e5e14f2529f6e3.JPG

This is one album I've been looking out for but still no cigar.

Great album.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Rhiannon Giddens, Freedom Highway

1911564996_RhiannonGiddensFreedomHighway.jpg.5782b628427f5d32b2e9522772d9dc93.jpg

JJ

She is one talented woman. I only recently discovered her via the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Yet to buy one of her albums, but this is a good start.

• Like 2

Just left the band UK, before joining the band Asia, John Wetton released his first solo album

Just about everything was written and several instruments were played by John and with help from some well known artists on keyboards, drums and saxophone 

Artist - John Wetton 

Title - Caught In The Crossfire 

EG ‎Records 2311 028 

Australian pressing - 1980 

00-C24-AEB-6295-4966-A876-C5-A38-D553-D9

• Like 5

Michael Jackson

Blood on the Dance Floor / History in the Mix

US

A very hard record to get and highly sought after by MJ Collectors.

Thankfully the vinyl is in much better shape than the cover - vinyl is VG++ to Excellent and a minor skip last track side 1.

The cover? I can live with that - it is an authentic piece and has "history" of it's own.

Came with inner sleeves in tact - so pretty happy with this purchase overall.

I need to find somewhere with an ultrasonic service to give it a good clean, I think it would improve it immensely.

Have about 3 records that could use that clean to be honest, might send them off for a spa bath treatment. ??

IMG_4685.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

Hi All,

14 hours ago, glenm64 said:

She is one talented woman. I only recently discovered her via the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Yet to buy one of her albums, but this is a good start.

I have found that purchasing her work from nonesuch records: https://www.nonesuch.com/artists/rhiannon-giddens is good, the cost of $US 21 for a double album and my last order from them for a double album and 2 single albums was $US 13, which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else I have seen from The US of A.

Nick Drake, Five Leaves Left Box Set reissue from late 2013

531476574_NickDrake5LeavesLeft.jpg.e90fffebef36cc5a31b0afb21091adcc.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

To Top