Vinyl - Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, hlov said:

This is pure gold, the former Fleetwood Mac with the great Peter Green.

The best of Fleetwood Mac, a beautiful Dutch pressing 

9DBC185E-F9D9-43B1-9DCA-62DE2A75A83C.jpeg

Yup, my preferred version of Mac too, with Green and Jeremy Spencer!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hlov said:

What a gorgeous table, which model is that?

Cheers

Clearaudio Master Innovation with Graham Engineering Phantom II Supreme arm Clearaudio da vinci v2 cart Stillpoints and Minus K platform..

P1040264.JPGresize2.thumb.JPG.b25cc17b7ce1f485c3587adbf31134c4.JPG

• Like 6

I have a whole stack of LP's picked up recently which haven't been played until now!

Here's one, from Area Code 615... from what I read these are legendary Nashville session musicians and 615 being the area code of Nashville!

While the music is great, I think it'd be better with some vocals added...just my opinion.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/area-code-615-mw0000837213

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

No..............I thought they were bottles of record cleaning brew!:ohmy:

Ha ha. Now, that's funny cb

He is a better man than me.

Love my vinyl. Love my red wine. But never the twain shall meet.

For some reason red wine goes to my fingers. Thought about changing my name from needlerunner to fumblestiltskin at one stage.  So now when l drink and listen, it's Spotify or CD (with extreme caution).

Ken

Edited by needlerunner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stump said:

Cheers

Clearaudio Master Innovation with Graham Engineering Phantom II Supreme arm Clearaudio da vinci v2 cart Stillpoints and Minus K platform..

P1040264.JPGresize2.thumb.JPG.b25cc17b7ce1f485c3587adbf31134c4.JPG

Wow, very impressive, your listening room is very nice as well

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Ha ha. Now, that's funny cb

He is a better man than me.

Love my vinyl. Love my red wine. But never the twain shall meet.

For some reason red wine goes to my fingers. Thought about changing my name from needlerunner to fumblestiltskin at one stage.  So now when l drink and listen, it's Spotify or CD (with extreme caution).

Ken

Ken, you’re not Robinson Crusoe in that regard and I agree that booze and vinyl should be kept apart, but I’m guilty myself many times over, but luckily no major accidents as a result. As far as John is concerned, @scuzzii, I would leave that for him to comment.?

Cheers Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Ken, you’re not Robinson Crusoe in that regard and I agree that booze and vinyl should be kept apart, but I’m guilty myself many times over, but luckily no major accidents as a result. As far as John is concerned, @scuzzii, I would leave that for him to comment.?

Cheers Keith

Yes, you are wise men. I learnt the hard way, breaking an Ortofon 2M Black stylus. Don't drink and vinyl.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Cheers Keith

yes.  in recent time I managed the damage the cantilever on my Acoustical Systems Archon. Very drunk and trying to put the belt back (which I managed to bump when taking off a record), I smashed the arm across the cork mat...  sideways is not the direction a cantilever is supposed to go.  Initially, I thought it was destroyed ($$$ Gulp - $5K+ cart), but its been to Vladivostok and been repaired. Awaiting it to be delivered (it's back in Aust).

felt sick for days...…….

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Cheers Keith

Boy l wouldn't want to spill red wine on those lovely white speakers.

I'm in love with those speakers by the way. Stop posting them John.

They are bad for my complection.

I keep going green for some reason.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ahh- Schnoo Schnoo said:

Yes, you are wise men. I learnt the hard way, breaking an Ortofon 2M Black stylus. Don't drink and vinyl.

Hello Schnoo, I have a close acquaintance down in Melbourne and others here will know of whom I speak, that caught the stylus and cantilever with his cardigan sleeve and it was a considerably expensive cartridge too. The cardigan sleeve ripped the stylus away completely and he vowed never to mix booze and vinyl again and that in future he would only play his records while naked. Needless to say, I always called ahead when I was going to visit, simply to enquire what particular medium we would be listening to that day.?

Cheers Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Boy l wouldn't want to spill red wine on those lovely white speakers.

I'm in love with those speakers by the way. Stop posting them John.

They are bad for my complection.

I keep going green for some reason.

should you ever be allowed out of WA, you are welcome to visit (and stay) here mate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Hello Schnoo, I have a close acquaintance down in Melbourne and others here will know of whom I speak, that caught the stylus and cantilever with his cardigan sleeve and it was a considerably expensive cartridge too. The cardigan sleeve ripped the stylus away completely and he vowed never to mix booze and vinyl again and that in future he would only play his records while naked. Needless to say, I always called ahead when I was going to visit, simply to enquire what particular medium we would be listening to that day.?

Cheers Keith

LOL You get my vote for post of the day 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, April Snow said:

That is an easy fix - just switch to white - hahahahahaha

Ha ha. Nope, tried that.

It's not colour dependent April.

Believe me l have tried. Beer, bourban, whiskey. Though having said that, not to the extent of RW. Possibly 14% AC might be the culprit. ?

Even tried vodka, and that has no colour. Could try the wacky backy.

But tried it once. All it did was make fall asleep. Lol.

I love this banter. It gives me the chance to express my wit (well l think I'm funny).?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

yes.  in recent time I managed the damage the cantilever on my Acoustical Systems Archon. Very drunk and trying to put the belt back (which I managed to bump when taking off a record), I smashed the arm across the cork mat...  sideways is not the direction a cantilever is supposed to go.  Initially, I thought it was destroyed ($$$ Gulp - $5K+ cart), but its been to Vladivostok and been repaired. Awaiting it to be delivered (it's back in Aust).

felt sick for days...…….

I feel sick just reading it.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Cheers Keith

The Naked Chef. Why not The Naked Audiophile.

Nah. Wouldn't work with tube amps...well not placed low anyway.?

• Like 1

To Top