Vinyl - Currently Spinning

33 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I may be wrong about this but I think that was about trying to communicate with his son 

I know he took up model trains in a huge way and created a way for his son to control them

i suppose I could just google it for certainty ?

Thanks guys, I don’t own the album as I said before just listened a couple of songs on my record shop. I found the story in Wikipedia, it looks like he was sued for this and the next album.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Some 60s Australian Pop, The Easybeats, Good Friday, a rerelease of their first album.

1744060351_EasybeatsGoodFriday.jpg.69861622362460681dcbb3b95e479377.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    River Deep, Mountain High    
A2    Do You Have A Soul    
A3    Saturday Night    
A4    You Me, We Love    
A5    Pretty Girl    
A6    Friday On My Mind    
B1    Happy Is The Man    
B2    Hound Dog    
B3    Who'll Be The One    
B4    Made My Bed Gonna Lie In It    
B5    Remember Sam    
B6    See Line Woman

JJ

• Like 5
  • Love 1

My mighty USA first pressing of Eye in the Sky. Have had a few copies of this and always back to this. It’s an amazing album, the way that Sirius and Eye in the Sky blend is so cool.

254C9592-DDAB-4D79-911C-12EA5716A95F.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, hlov said:

My mighty USA first pressing of Eye in the Sky. Have had a few copies of this and always back to this. It’s an amazing album, the way that Sirius and Eye in the Sky blend is so cool.

Great album, my brother bought it for me back in the day. Wonder if Chicago Bulls (NBA) still use Sirius as their team intro. Used to back in Jordan, Pippin era

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hlov said:

Please stop posting pics of your speakers until you put them on proper stands ?

The asymmetry is killing me ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hlov said:

Any highlights of this album, Mr @zippi. I have a few REMs in my collection.

Well the most obvious highlights are the singles: "The One I Love" (B side opener) and "It's the end of the world as we know it" (closes side A). However "Finest Worksong", "Welcome to the Occupation", "Exhuming McCarthy", "King of Birds" are all awesome, as is the album as a whole.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zippi said:

Well the most obvious highlights are the singles: "The One I Love"

I'm a rabid R.E.M. fan, and for me, this is quite possibly their finest moment (but, there are so many..... like picking favourite children).  :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkTree said:

LOL?.............I’m probably a little OCD, especially when it comes to loudspeakers and that positioning would drive me to distraction too!?

Cheers Keith

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

LOL?.............I’m probably a little OCD, especially when it comes to loudspeakers and that positioning would drive me to distraction too!?

Cheers Keith

Hahahahhahaa - maybe he has one ear higher that the other !!??

Yeah, would drive me "cray cray" too ?

I am a neat freak and can't stand crooked pictures on the wall etc ....................OCD being that I am.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

one of my fav's.  His best IMO.

Just did some reading up on the album and it gets mixed reviews, some say it is one of his best albums, others say it is a little 'soft' compared to So and 4 (Security) because it was written post marriage breakup and many of the songs were too introspective. Still I think it be xLant.

Now listening to The Wizards Of Oz, LP #2 an interesting collection of Australian Psychedelic music from the late 1960s to the mid 2010s

728803102_WizardsOfOz.jpg.bb09148cc6eeeb9da203353735db68ae.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    –The Sunset Strip    Mercy Killing    
C2    –Rob Thomsett    Entrance To Warraambool (Part 2)    
C3    –Air (11)    The Sea  
C4    –Kanguru    Waves of Aquarius   
D1    –Cybotron (2)    Raga In Asia Minor    
D2    –Ash Grunwald    Walking   
D3    –Rob Thomsett    Flight Of Yaraan    
D4    –Kongress    Eyes Of The Witness    

JJ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarkTree said:

It’s my strategy to get the missus to approve my next expenditures :). I think I have the old printer box in the garage, if that doesn’t convince her ... 

On the sad side the mother of my mate who did the rack passed away last week so I didn’t want to ask him just now

• Like 5

I just found this album hidden over there, he was one Bowie’s guitarists and I think is the one that sang or played the guitar on All the young dudes,

#NoSpeakerpictures :)

25A52446-9B2B-4DF7-ADC5-FC862F7665F9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zippi said:

Well the most obvious highlights are the singles: "The One I Love" (B side opener) and "It's the end of the world as we know it" (closes side A). However "Finest Worksong", "Welcome to the Occupation", "Exhuming McCarthy", "King of Birds" are all awesome, as is the album as a whole.

Thanks @zippi I always though The one I love came from eponymous and I just realised this is a compilation album ...

You have inspired me and now spinning that

E25CEA15-245E-4C60-92AD-48EECF8A7728.jpeg

• Like 4

To Top