Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Pixies ‎– Come On Pilgrim  + Surfer Rosa.  both original 4AD UK releases 1987, 1988.

Still remember when I bought Come on Pilgrim in the 4AD section at Phantom records - had heard of them, but not really heard the.  WOW - never heard anything like it - raw, aggressive, kooky yet melodic in its own way  - After a couple of listens I was hooked and went back and bought Come on Pilgrim.  

Even this morning, still sounds raw, aggressive, kooky yet melodic in its own way  :thumb:

KTh2rGz.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

It's hard to make out...........is it Jack White? What's the white vinyl like?

Cheers,

Keith

Yeah its the demos and out takes of the white stripes first album. Sounds good, Third man records Vault.

ive had a bit of luck with white vinyl, never sounded too bad to me. Although the album is a typical lo-fi, raw kinda sound already, so that may mask any of the records issues. No pops or crackles though.

• Like 2

Some 80s rock. Excess copies going to my brother in law to spin on his original Planar 2 with Tangospinner Astor subplatter (same TT as @wen ? But with different arm). 

C5C1ADBC-BEEA-48BD-9F74-F142FC9ACAE2.jpeg

D6CFA1F7-301B-4355-9AD0-5368FA66F624.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Excellent album, mine has seen much better days unfortunately. 

Yes, this is the Oz pressing which sounds really good but I think there are better pressings over there. The cover of Working Class Hero is great.

• Like 3

IMG_20190312_094941768.thumb.jpg.51fc6ef64282aca70b9fc2239f4c18c2.jpgKate and Anna McGarrigle, Montreal-born sisters from a very talented musical family. " Heart Like a Wheel" was covered by Linda Ronstadt. Wonderful folk music for quiet times.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Full Range said:

If I was a girl I would be blushing ☺️ 

Yes, when this album came out a lot of guys were embarrassed  to go and get it from the "Wrecka Stow" (Prince:Under the Cherry Moon Speak for record store) and many hid it from their parents. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To Top