Vinyl - Currently Spinning

This was noisy when I first played it. Now the Dual is singing, some records are getting a clean. DSOTM is always on high rotation. Always has and always will be. A timeless masterpiece that you can feel inside.

15847691204361429888510.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Is that where the copy I would have bought from candyflip ended up?

No, I got this from Red Eye in Sydney. It’s a reissue tough. The British first pressing that I wanted was out of my league :(

• Like 2

Hi Janjuc, to my ear Lightsleeper is more in the Liam Finn vein, and recommended for the good folk who enjoy textures.

By coincidence, last night I received this lovely reply from Neil Finn's Fangradio web site Team, nice guys based in Auckland. I was asking if there were any commercial release plans for the 2CD version of the Luton Tapes, and, as you can see, discussed a couple of other items ?

Hi [TDD]

There are no commercial plans for it that I know of. Warner Music wanted a 1 disc version only but fortunately allowed the 2 disc version to be released through the fan club, albeit in limited numbers.

Fangradio broadcasts are recorded through Neil’s MacBook Pro in-built mic onto the Mixlr platform, which records and saves the show as an mp3. So, FLAC is neither possible nor required. If Neil were to use a more elaborate array of mics and mixers, perhaps it would be, but he loves the simplicity of the current system. Also, given he sometimes plays commercially released recordings, he’d risk the wrath of record companies if he offered a free stream in better sound quality.

Glad to hear you like Lightsleeper. It fell under the radar a bit but it’s a really lovely album.

• Like 2

Bloc Party- Silent Alarm

Such a good album, just getting it right the first time around. The following albums seemed to lose the immediacy of this one, though they are still good. I had this for a long time on CD, then ripped to a hard drive, but since getting all vinyl-o-philic again, I have been waiting to come across it. Last week it happened and I snapped it up.

C7BEFFD0-CD75-4BDA-9CB8-05CC7F60FE53.thumb.jpeg.8f49052db20125a46589e23c0e78b108.jpeg

bonus pic of LPs fresh from the Ultrasound cleanse.
F809F971-A64B-49BD-BCC6-A90381F50751.thumb.jpeg.ce61904678c144b6f7eb46c9e9331531.jpeg

Justin

• Like 2

Picked this up from Atlantis Records on the Goldie -

sadly they are closing end of month so have a 80% off sale.

Art Garfunkel

Scissors Cut

Japan (no OBI but all inserts)

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3976.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

Hi @April Snow

Just wondering how Art Garfunkel: Scissors Cut sounds as the sticker on the front says it was a rental ? 

It is also sad that despite the resurgence in LP records (vinyl) that music related stores are still closing ☹️

Currently listening to John Grant with the BBC Philharmonic.

1282215740_JohnGrantBBC.jpg.e725ecbecdfc9a0a5667bd63d1601e8f.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Leonard Cohen, Dear Heather, classical Cohen, his second studio album following a 10+ years withdrawal from performing and recording

1351300471_DearHeatherCohen.jpg.4af56eb2857487b6c5c020edcd4428e2.jpg

JJ

This is a excellent record.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @April Snow

Just wondering how Art Garfunkel: Scissors Cut sounds as the sticker on the front says it was a rental ? 

It is also sad that despite the resurgence in LP records (vinyl) that music related stores are still closing ☹️

Currently listening to John Grant with the BBC Philharmonic.

1282215740_JohnGrantBBC.jpg.e725ecbecdfc9a0a5667bd63d1601e8f.jpg

JJ

Atlantis Records is shutting because the ladies partner apparently ripped her off (so she said in an email she sent out to everyone so I am not gossiping) - so not about the demand not being there from what I can gather but some internal domestic dramas.

I wondered how the "rental" would be too, it only cost me $4 being 80% off  so I felt was worth a try but looking at it, no scratches or anything and the hole in the middle perfect.

It is a little crackly between tracks - but if I shall try some Revirginizer on it or take it to the record fair and ask the man with the Ultrasonic Machine to clean it as I have only spin cleaned it. It is not as noisy as some of the new pressings have been though, that is for sure.

It is a winner overall & I think a deep clean will improve it even more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has been a busy arvo, decided to clean some old records and came across three Supertramp albums I had bought over with me from NZ in the early 80’s. I had not played any of these records for decades and remembered them to be in pretty poor condition, anyway after a long clean it was great to be able play all three again and thankfully they now sound that good to be able to be put back into the playing cycle. They are surprisingly good for NZ pressings.

336E2191-A930-4CCD-BECF-CF07EE57007E.jpeg

102C1ED0-1D9E-41DB-81A7-0FCE3260CEE1.jpeg

6862E869-6C38-4555-929D-A7C395BC4460.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

@TerryO 

If you want Breakfast In America as a picture disc vinyl 

JB has it for $25 as part of the 2 for 50 deal 

But I think I have 3 copies of this album 

Thanks for that, I’ll head down to JB tomorrow, hopefully they have Crime of the Century as well.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 1