Vinyl - Currently Spinning

May as well bring out another timeless classic. 

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

On a side note, went to Aldi the other day and a young guy in a hotted up commodore had all his windows down blasting Fleetwood Mac. I missed the opportunity to give him the thumbs up.

Good to see there’s still youngins out there with good taste.

E61DB050-6753-4784-AA3C-DA8B1D433321.jpeg

• Like 4

'Stones' by The Rolling Stones .. A freebie from my mum, I'm not a big fan but thought I'd thow it in the cleaning pile the other day so I can check it out and add it to Discogs.. Sounds like **** lol I'm assuming it's because the sqeezed 18 songs on here and it's not normally this bad? Oh well into the shelf it goes to prob never be played again.

IMG_20200319_210335.thumb.jpg.77e3000d7495703e9e090f3af51149ec.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Supertramp, Even In The Quietest Moments, something I purchased from a 'reputable' seller on eBay as Media Excellent, Cover VG+, after arrival would say that the Media was Good + at best, lots of noise and a couple of light scratches, and the Cover has nearly deteriorated along the spine and the flaps had become unglued. Have sent message to vendor to say that the item is not as described.

1848109149_SupertrampQuietestMoments.jpg.5fadd6e78849a19aab24a7c81d0ba59d.jpg

JJ

What a shame, it’s an awesome album. Is it the only copy that you have?

• Like 2

Hi All,

3 hours ago, hlov said:

What a shame, it’s an awesome album. Is it the only copy that you have?

No, will have to search for another, currently listening to a few from the JB HiFi sale, finishing S2 of the second LP in the father and son Finn album, Lightsleeper

571312539_LiamandNeilFinnLightSleeper.jpg.b1285bdc8d5038483ecb4f6a6a010a33.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7

I just had to play this new album - could not wait any longer 

It’s not a fully Prog album in my judgement but a mix of beautifully woven Prog and world music 

It’s very enjoyable at first listen but in reality it needs several listens to fully appreciate the intricate instrument interplay 

Artist - Steve Hackett 

Title - The Night Siren 

23-E44842-DC9-D-41-F2-8-D1-A-66-C461-A40

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, April Snow said:

Amy Winehouse

Back to Black

180 gram

Beautiful album

A little obsessed with Amy this week :)

Not sure why I didn't pay her more attention before..............

Shame she is part of the "27 Club".

IMG_3901.JPG

I have that album 

But her voice and the way she phrases her words is something special 

A great loss but the music left behind will live and be loved 

I heard somewhere that Adele was her classmate at music college 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have that album 

But her voice and the way she phrases her words is something special 

A great loss but the music left behind will live and be loved 

I heard somewhere that Adele was her classmate at music college 

Yes I totally agree, she was a real artist and never sang the same way twice either.

Watched the Amy Doco and so sad she wanted the help but was seen as a cash cow (much like Britney Spears with the way her dad treats her) - but my heart broke in the documentary when Amy says all the success just was not fun without the drugs - she felt she did not enjoy the experience so much. 

Did not know that about Adele - love her too ?

Have all of Adele's on CD but not brought vinyl as I heard the pressings are awful....................... (also too scared to buy a single thing right now - with the world being so spooked)..................

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

Freddie Mercury

Mr Bad Guy

Near Minty ?

Funny story - I first brought this in 1985 - picked it up in a $2 bin back then and loved it so much - didn't  know who Freddie was but purchased because I thought it looked interesting - and this is the album that introduced me to Queen and the love affair with Queen that followed.

I actually love this album very much, the songs are beautiful and thought provoking.

IMG_3942.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, April Snow said:

Yes I totally agree, she was a real artist and never sang the same way twice either.

Watched the Amy Doco and so sad she wanted the help but was seen as a cash cow (much like Britney Spears with the way her dad treats her) - but my heart broke in the documentary when Amy says all the success just was not fun without the drugs - she felt she did not enjoy the experience so much. 

Did not know that about Adele - love her too ?

Have all of Adele's on CD but not brought vinyl as I heard the pressings are awful....................... (also too scared to buy a single thing right now - with the world being so spooked)..................

Saw the doco when it first came out. When she broke down at the concert. My heart broke for her.

Stayed with me for months.

On the upside, l appreciated her music even more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Saw the doco when it first came out. When she broke down at the concert. My heart broke for her.

Stayed with me for months.

On the upside, l appreciated her music even more.

Yes that doco is what made me check her out and it was very moving wasnt it? And yes, sure made me appreciate her artistry.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Freddie Mercury

Mr Bad Guy

Near Minty ?

Funny story - I first brought this in 1985 - picked it up in a $2 bin back then and loved it so much - didn't  know who Freddie was but purchased because I thought it looked interesting - and this is the album that introduced me to Queen and the love affair with Queen that followed.

I actually love this album very much, the songs are beautiful and thought provoking.

IMG_3942.JPG

King Freddy. Great choice April.

He will always be my Prince. And Amy Winehouse, my Modonna.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

Yes that doco is what made me check her out and it was very moving wasnt it? And yes, sure made me appreciate her artistry.

Got the CDs, but strangely no vinyl.

Will have to rectify that at some stage.

But have decided to put my music hobby on hiatus. I buy most of my music from over seas, and with air travel suspended, l suspect huge delays will follow. Will probably visit JBs more now.  Pricey, but the odd gem is often there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

But have decided to put my music hobby on hiatus. I buy most of my music from over seas, and with air travel suspended, l suspect huge delays will follow. Will probably visit JBs more now.  Pricey, but the odd gem is often there.

Yes me too, have three albums currently in transit from O/S (Sweden, France & Germany) purchased before all the lockdowns - but they are delayed - but I shall not be buying O/S right now until things settle too, also feel guilty spending money on these things in times of uncertainty - (got the jitters I guess). But I might go and try and support the local stores if I can...................same as you ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

Yes me too, have three albums currently in transit from O/S (Sweden, France & Germany) purchased before all the lockdowns - but they are delayed - but I shall not be buying O/S right now until things settle too, also feel guilty spending money on these things in times of uncertainty - (got the jitters I guess). But I might go and try and support the local stores if I can...................same as you ?

If you have job security - SPEND!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_thrift

*not commenting on where that $$$ should be spent.

To Top