Vinyl - Currently Spinning

25 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I have the Aussie first pressing and the Japanese OBI one too - but the Aussie one I think sounds better (not as bright). A shame that on my Aussie copy which was purchased as NM has a loop skip on "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" because it was a perfect record up to that point - shall have to source another one down the track as I think it is worth it to do so. Such a great album ?

Bring this record on Saturday and stick it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes, I have had records that I was about to throw away come 90% back to like new, even with skips. Worth a try.

Also bring some rubber washing up gloves, I am told you don't want to get the cleaning goo I put in the water on your skin.

cheers,

Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Bring this record on Saturday and stick it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes, I have had records that I was about to throw away come 90% back to like new, even with skips. Worth a try.

Also bring some rubber washing up gloves, I am told you don't want to get the cleaning goo I put in the water on your skin.

cheers,

Terry

@TerryO Ok shall do so (and thank you for the offer)  and I will try to remember to buy some gloves (I do not possess any) - thank you ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Getting primed for Ol' Black Eyes in Brisbane tonight!

Image result for alice cooper's greatest hits vinyl

Oh super fun - have an awesome time !!!!! Nothing like a good old Rock Concert - I am getting ready for Queen next weekend (although not a fan of Adam Lambert but I do want to see Brian May and the Red Special)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Getting primed for Ol' Black Eyes in Brisbane tonight!

Image result for alice cooper's greatest hits vinyl

I remember going to the Welcome To My Nightmare concert in Sydney 

Im sure you won’t be disappointed 

Would have went myself but I’m working 

• Like 2

Bob Dylan

Greatest Hits

US

Also ALERT for anyone wanting Dylan Mofi ........Times They Are A Changin -

Amazon AU (and free shipping too)

$48.76 AU

This link:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01LY59LH1/?coliid=I3L5BQIN9M3DGQ&colid=1MP6Q34XRG7AY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

IMG_3453.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Bob Dylan

Greatest Hits

US

Also ALERT for anyone wanting Dylan Mofi ........Times They Are A Changin -

Amazon AU (and free shipping too)

$48.76 AU

This link:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01LY59LH1/?coliid=I3L5BQIN9M3DGQ&colid=1MP6Q34XRG7AY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

IMG_3453.JPG

Thanks for the heads-up jump straight on that Dylan MoFi, less than $50 bargain? first MoFi

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

Thanks for the heads-up jump straight on that Dylan MoFi, less than $50 bargain? first MoFi

@ollie_08  Good on you, I can see you grabbed it (or someone did) - the last one is now $76 AU.

Was a great price it was eh?

I didn't grab it as I am more of a Greatest Hits girl with Dylan and that album not quite my jam - but I am happy to have shared so someone could get the bargain ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4

My amazing 18yo returned from a solo Japan adventure today and she has brought me a couple of Floyd gems.

The Wall - Japanese First Pressing. (some call is a promo, but i think its a first pressing). The cover is like new. The spine is 100%, inners have never been used. Vinyl is Mint.

Final Cut - UK First pressing. Cover and vinyl are new, i would say unplayed or something of that quality.

Just a few Floyd records...but a pleasure to play, first releases and carefully selected by my intrepid Daughter - only 18yo and her second solo OS.

pinkfloyd.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

My amazing 18yo returned from a solo Japan adventure today and she has brought me a couple of Floyd gems.

The Wall - Japanese First Pressing. (some call is a promo, but i think its a first pressing). The cover is like new. The spine is 100%, inners have never been used. Vinyl is Mint.

Final Cut - UK First pressing. Cover and vinyl are new, i would say unplayed or something of that quality.

Just a few Floyd records...but a pleasure to play, first releases and carefully selected by my intrepid Daughter - only 18yo and her second solo OS.

pinkfloyd.jpg

Fantastic on ALL accounts !!!!!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

IF you take a photo of the back cover, or one record label, I can tell you if it's a promo or not.

I read Japanese (I lived there myself in 1992, for 3 years).

That 'Wall' copy is highly prized indeed. The UK 'Final Cut' is also loved, perhaps only slightly behind the Japanese copy of it!   

She did very well for you.  :) 

• Like 1

Its doesnt have those Promo stamps on the labels...i'll get a pic tomorrow.

Japan is so cool, we went as a family for 6 weeks and she had to go back on her own...yeah she is pretty thoughtful i am wrapped...these are my keeping and playing and enjoying copies.

• Like 2

To Top