Vinyl - Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Accordions are the butt of about as many jokes as banjos, bagpipes and violas (never understood the viola thing, do you have to be in an orchestra to get it?), but it's an amazing instrument. I was prompted to appreciate it on a different level a few years ago when I first heard it used in a jazz setting. Its range, both in pitch and tone/texture, is pretty extraordinary.

I use an abbreviated version of the piece thats on the video below as one of my speaker test tracks 

But search out Guy Clucevsek on you tube to be amazed 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Boduf Songs ‎– This Alone Above All Else In Spite Of Everything. vocally Mathew reminds me of Sebadoh

RekcQYR.jpg

Sebadoh ‎– Bakesale - Boduf reminded me so much, I had to spin this :thumb:

WtdL9SJ.jpg

I am just trying to deal with the fact that little baby has his hands in the toilet !!! I am reaching for the pinoclean right now !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/02/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tubularbells said:

Forgot I had 3 versions of this, Jap, US & Aus so might do a shootout between the three and see which reigns supreme (or does anyone already have an answer?)

image.thumb.png.41d43b4666249706406c0eba1f6b0a6f.png

For what it is worth and as Hlov also mentioned, I to will throw an early UK pressing into the equation, while not in the same condition as the OBI version the Pommy pressing, depending on how much vino has been consumed tends to sounds more relaxed and for the want of a better term, often more fun to listen to. Though the OBI is stunning for detail, separation and sound stage, it actually sounds more like what you expect a recent high end recording to present like rather than the chilled out almost sexy sound I grew up listening to back when it first came out, the Pommy version captures that.

Both versions have there place and time and both will get played.

DE8C49FA-0BFF-4997-9F14-DA6D2F60BEFC.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 5

Now it’s time for some piano boogie 

From a British artist that put her heart and soul into every performance 

The 2 records I am playing now are 

Artist - Winifred Attwell 

Titles - Piano Party and The Two Moods 

Enjoy 

CE1-DBB87-2387-46-E2-931-F-4905009-E9-C6

244-C75-B8-64-DA-47-FF-9-D15-40343493767

• Like 2

While in comparison mode tonight when I get home from work I’ll back to back these three versions of Close to the Edge. One Obi, one Aussie and a Japanese non Obi pressing.

6501D63D-56FE-41CD-8471-92380CB38DFD.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

depending on how much vino has been consumed ...DE8C49FA-0BFF-4997-9F14-DA6D2F60BEFC.jpeg

I must consider to add to my gear, I’m pretty the must expensive one will be cheaper than a fancy uranium of plutonium made Moving coil cardtrige:)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, hlov said:

Madonna Like a Virgin Oz first pressing.

545EA2EB-E9B9-4964-9E5C-B2B86EC22F68.thumb.jpeg.b082e01f737cd08d5089e1369bb653ab.jpeg

I have the Aussie first pressing and the Japanese OBI one too - but the Aussie one I think sounds better (not as bright). A shame that on my Aussie copy which was purchased as NM has a loop skip on "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" because it was a perfect record up to that point - shall have to source another one down the track as I think it is worth it to do so. Such a great album :-)

• Like 3

To Top