Vinyl - Currently Spinning

6 minutes ago, TDK said:

This one's dedicated to you @April Snow

Madonna - This used to be my playground (12") from "A League Of Their Own".

mad.thumb.JPG.e62cea2fd147f0b85c78b94773d39633.JPG

I have more Madonna 12" singles than I will ever admit to.

Well done TDK one of the few I don't actually have. If you ever decide to sell let me know?

• Like 1

Just now, April Snow said:

@TDK  We are twinning ?

(nothing wrong with Madonna 12" singles ............the Long Version is very beautiful isnt it?) - thanks for the dedication ?

Madonna

This Used to be My Playground

12 inch single

UK Pressing

IMG_3586.JPG

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

8 minutes ago, TDK said:

Since I don't proudly advertise myself as an audiophile (I listen to anything I like!), I don't mind to admit I do like a bit of Madge.

There's some really good stuff in the 90's when she teamed up with William Orbit (One of my favourite 90's producers) and pretty much most of the 80's 12" singles are gems to play.

Sounds of a bygone era I'm afraid!

I am not an audiophile either & do not aspire to be so - I just like what I like - and never get caught up in the great pressing debate and the fine print - my ears and my system are not perfect enough for that. I do try to source US pressings for Prince though, as they are better than Aussie ones I admit.

But I figure if it sounds good enough with no pops or crackles and for me to get off my seat and dance around - it is great !!!!!!

I use my system to listen to my music not my music to listen to my system I guess ?

I adore Madonna 12 inch mixes - which is obvious from my posts - (and Prince and MJ) all these artists nailed remixes. Prince more so because he actually re-wrote his tracks for 12 inch releases so they are totally different songs in the long and remixed versions - that is what makes his so magical.

William Orbit mixes are good - as were Juniors Vasquez's for Madonna - Justify My Love Remixes are still my #1 Favourites with the Q-sound...........

Glad someone else is waving a Madonna flag from time to time as well as me ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4

Glad someone else is waving a Madonna flag from time to time as well as me ?

I'm afraid she had me hooked since I saw the midriff in the Lucky Star music video.

3 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Madonna

American Life

2 x Remix LP

Germany

Love me the Missy Elliot remix version - "Pump it Up !!" (to Quote Madonna in Blonde Ambition tour 1990)

IMG_3626.JPG

Awww your killing me another of (the very few) I don't own!!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Awww your killing me another of (the very few) I don't own!!! ?

@Tubularbells

OMG - I have not even started to show the rarer ones - *watch this space* ...............

I am stretching them out so as not to hijack the thread with Maddy and giving you all the pip that you ask me to leave 

?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

OMG - I have not even started to show the rarer ones - *watch this space* ...............

I am stretching them out so as not to hijack the thread with Maddy and giving you all the pip !!

?

New thread required. I've got a few promo 12' pressings I can contribute :)

2 minutes ago, TDK said:

What about this?

https://www.discogs.com/M-C-Miker-G-Deejay-Sven-Holiday-Rap/release/208922

Granted not Madonna, but it's still worthy of belonging in a fan's collection.

No, I don't think I would like that one...............I don't like other people singing Madonna or Prince songs ................. ?

• Like 1

No, I don't think I would like that one...............I don't like other people singing Madonna or Prince songs ................. ?

Well, in fairness they're not exactly singing :)

Hey what about Art Of Noise's rendition of "Kiss" with Tom Jones?

You gotta admit that version's really good

9 minutes ago, TDK said:

Well, in fairness they're not exactly singing :)

@TDK

Ok I shall see if I can find it on Spotify -

This one I recommend if you like Madonna -

it is incredible her backing vocals are off the hook and the song is amazing, I play this at least once a week.

https://www.discogs.com/Nick-Scotti-Get-Over/release/150640

• Producer  Shep Pettibone (tracks: A1 to B2) 
  • Producer, Backing Vocals  Madonna (tracks: A1 to B2)

IMG_3644.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

I know I’ve posted this here before... but this is an album everyone can love.

It’s just beauty incarnate. Grab the CD, stream it, and if you have the kit, grab the AP or Classic records edition.

IMO (not so humble), this is o e of the greatest records ever made. Possibly the last ‘dues paid’ record.

9105E5AB-0D49-4662-96CC-8B361F3F69D8.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, Tubularbells said:

Ok Madonna tragics thought id post what I have in the hope that if anyone can identify the gaps with stuff they have but no longer require. Let the trading begin....

mad2.thumb.jpg.962e155f0687898c15eee6725e97d08f.jpg

mad1.thumb.jpg.73fe959b67dbb440aeabe1c8d767e53d.jpg

Words fail me.

18 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Ok Madonna tragics thought id post what I have in the hope that if anyone can identify the gaps with stuff they have but no longer require. Let the trading begin....

mad2.thumb.jpg.962e155f0687898c15eee6725e97d08f.jpg

mad1.thumb.jpg.73fe959b67dbb440aeabe1c8d767e53d.jpg

Cool, I am too scared to spread mine all out on the floor - coz it is just as tragic I think ?

You have a few 12 inches I am chasing (although I have them all on CD remixes singles) and I may have a few you are missing too - guess we have the forum pretty much covered for Madame X between us ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Angelwitch along with Maiden and Diamond Head were the cream of the NWOBHM crop for me.

Pity it was only Maiden who made it as Angelwitch debut album is superb , the track Gorgon gets me playing air guitar everytime.

They released As above, so below in 2012 and it's also a great album.

20200216_130634.jpg

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Lemmy and Philthy Animal are joined by ex Thin Lizzy/Wild Horses guitarist Brian Robertson for a single album and the jammiest, proggiest Motorhead album of all.

Motorhead 'Another Perfect Day' (1983)

P1070705.JPG.298f97b68df23f1aac24e7b21bec9e09.JPG

Didn't like this one on release , didn't give it a chance coz I was pissed off that Eddie Clarke had left.

It's one of my favourite Motorhead albums now.

• Like 2