Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labyrinth 2LP 33rpm on Mobile Fidelity label. I haven't played this for several years, but it was in high rotation at GTGs and doing demos at Wyndham Vale back in Melbourne, so it does bring back many memories for me. A sensational pressing and a great demo disc, with Yulunga [spirit dance] being the usual go to demo track for most, but really the whole album is absolutely first class................high fidelity at its best.:thumb:

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labyrinth.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Going back to my teens, The Yardbirds, Remember... A mix of their biggest hits and when you look at the guitarists and musicians that played with them, they were a 'Super Group' before the term was coined.

1928562202_YardbirdsBO.jpg.5282768c48adec53abed19452d3200bc.jpg

JJ

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Going back to my teens, The Yardbirds, Remember... A mix of their biggest hits and when you look at the guitarists and musicians that played with them, they were a 'Super Group' before the term was coined.

1928562202_YardbirdsBO.jpg.5282768c48adec53abed19452d3200bc.jpg

JJ

Yep, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton get a mention on the cover there, but Jimmy Page spent some time with the Yardbirds and he was a reasonably good guitarist too.:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 4

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York. A purchase from JB yesterday, I have had the CD since release, so purchased the LP to compliment same, pressing VG and quiet. 

https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-MTV-Unplugged-In-New-York/release/10898105

Nirvana.jpg.42cf6bea6b14a1d1f2e11482a1e90b57.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York. A purchase from JB yesterday, I have had the CD since release, so purchased the LP to compliment same, pressing VG and quiet. 

JJ

That is one great album 

It’s a repeat listen album more often than not 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

JJ

That is awesome, love to hear a new pressing is a good one for a change.................so many are not sadly. I am "anti clear vinyl" now - they sound awful to me - but I have two in my collection still because they could not be returned - but I prefer the black vinyl any day, but even they can be a challenge to get a good copy of. So I am delighted you got a great one and you are grooving to it - happy days !!!!

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

If people recall, l mentioned several weeks ago l purchased said album (my favourite Genesis album) and that it had. 7mm warp.

Now I'm thinking that this might be useful information:

Anyway l put it between 2 plates of glass for 6 weeks; just in my living room under normal room temp(no heat involved). And low and behold there is zero warp. I kid you not!

Now is that not amazing. 

I did not want to use heat as l thought it might damage the grooves? But that was my next step if room temp didn't work (nothing to lose).

I waited 6 weeks as today is my Birthay. So this is a free birthday present as they reimburchaed me and did not want the record back.

Anyway l thought l would share this.

7 mil warp. Bloody amazing. So give it a go.

Just playing side one...perfect.

15817364459776547040067799261414.jpg

• Like 10

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin Recorded Live at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. Excellent rendition of the 1999 album with Orchestra and Choir, as a big fan of theirs I had to buy it ? @needlerunner Birthday greetings, enjoy and listen to plenty of your favourite music ??????

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

If people recall, l mentioned several weeks ago l purchased said album (my favourite Genesis album) and that it had. 7mm warp.

Now I'm thinking that this might be useful information:

Anyway l put it between 2 plates of glass for 6 weeks; just in my living room under normal room temp(no heat involved). And low and behold there is zero warp. I kid you not!

Now is that not amazing. 

I did not want to use heat as l thought it might damage the grooves? But that was my next step if room temp didn't work (nothing to lose).

I waited 6 weeks as today is my Birthay. So this is a free birthday present as they reimburchaed me and did not want the record back.

Anyway l thought l would share this.

7 mil warp. Bloody amazing. So give it a go.

Just playing side one...perfect.

15817364459776547040067799261414.jpg

Happy birthday!!! Do u have some pics of the glass u used? And also what did u put in between the two plates?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Happy birthday!!! Do u have some pics of the glass u used? And also what did u put in between the two plates?

@needlerunner  Yes I am interested in this too please. I have a warped record too I would like to try it on.................but I happy you got great results and Happy Birthday too ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set ?

IMG_3631.JPG

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Finishing off the Arvo session as I have to go out and act like an adult now ........

Madonna

What it Feels Like For a Girl

2 x Promo Set

Oh Wow !!!!!!

I have had this set on CD for years & never liked them but the vinyl was a OMFG moment !!

Above and Beyond Mix - it is epic !!

So happy this is a near minty set ?

IMG_3631.JPG

I'm streaming it from my NAS in my study right now as I clean LPs on my VPI 16.5 RCM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClipGlass said:

Technically started tonight with radiohead in rainbows but that was on cd, oh well.

Led Zeppelin

IV20200215_191646.thumb.jpg.1c8cfcd6db168ff86d371d35ff1b17a4.jpg

20200215_190015.jpg

I also seem to have aquired myself a little listening partner 

20200215_193205.jpg

To Top