Vinyl - Currently Spinning

I've wanted this album for so long. I remember it being marketed on late night TV, they must've printed a lot of them?

I got this original 88 pressing from UK...was listed as M/M and i paid, plus shipping. It arrives and the cover is VG++ i wasnt that pleased...the but the vinyl is actually Mint so i just enjoy it.

20200130_074310343_iOS.thumb.jpg.ec5ec0caadbd15bc6a85e7290e198380.jpg

Edited by JPete9
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

I've wanted this album for so long. I remember it being marketed on late night TV, they must've printed a lot of them?

I got this original 88 pressing from UK...was listed as M/M and i paid, plus shipping. It arrives and the cover is VG++ i wasnt that pleased...the but the vinyl is actually Mint so i just enjoy it.

As much as I do like a perfect cover I don't get too tangled up over the cover so long as the vinyl is fantastic & I find if I put the album cover into a nice clear Blake Sleeve it elevates them anyway. I am glad you got an album from your much desired wish list - good work !!!

• Like 2

Thanks i like that term better than wish list :) Vinyl has gotton more complicated than it should be...forget collectables and must haves. Now i am just buying stuff i really want on vinyl that i cannot get satisfaction on streaming from.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

I have the 1988 Australia - New Zealand version 

Nice record 

• Like 3

Another freebie from the box of records given to me:

George Benson

Give me the Night

Australia

Also wonderful EX-NM condition.

Not an album I would likely have brought but I actually really enjoyed it so shall add it to my library.

IMG_3546.JPG

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Not located it yet, but didn't have any issues ...................hope your staying dry in our big wet !! Great excuse to stay in and indulge in the music though ?

Actually I've been out in the garden today (between showers) trimming dead branches & raking up leaves.

We haven't had anywhere near the rain you've had at the coast.

Will plant 7 trees & shrubs tomorrow (if it isn't pouring rain) to replace ones that have died in the drought.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Another freebie from the box of records given to me:

George Benson

Give me the Night

Australia

Also wonderful EX-NM condition.

Not an album I would likely have brought but I actually really enjoyed it so shall add it to my library.

IMG_3546.JPG

George Benson was / is a cool dude ? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, April Snow said:

After being assured by @furtherpale it is safe to drop my needle on a Mono Record without wrecking my stylus I did...........(holding my breath to see if there would be explosions.............LOL)

This has come into my possession - a work mate brought in about a dozen records that was his Father in Laws he was going to drop off to charity - I asked if I could look through them first, and clean them up and maybe donate what is not of interest. Most records are Welsh Folk/Jazz & some James Last (they will be donated) but I kept a George Benson (not something I would buy but was almost NM and I enjoyed it) but this one was interesting................I could see it was "something special" - recognising Decca Label and the London Record shop label on the front made me smile too...............

It is almost MINT !! (plays flawlessly)

It was dirty and needed some love - but not one scratch or scuff - and it plays like a velvet dream and so beautiful !!!!!!

And a look on Discogs also says quite valuable - $285 pounds for a Minty one.

Anyway, shall stay in my collection because it is historical to me and it means his FIL will smile from heaven ?

Dudley Moore ‎– Bedazzled

Label:
Decca ‎– LK 4923
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Style:

IMG_3548.JPG

60282096454__EB5F36DE-E042-4B88-BF7E-2AABC0FAE3EF.JPG

60282108170__CE594558-325C-4E7E-BF33-F4923B3D578A.JPG

I've got several of their later collaborations - Derek & Clive - bought from the old Rockinghorse Records shop when they were banned in Queensland during the Joh era. Definitely NOT your type of material !

Edited by Pegasus
left out a critical word.
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

I've got several of their later collaborations - Derek & Clive - bought from the old Rockinghorse Records shop when they were banned in Queensland the Joh era. Definitely NOT your type of material !

Have you Derek and Clive - Cancer. I cant find it anywhere.

6 hours ago, furtherpale said:

^okay - I f***ing hate Roxy Music... I recognised track one as everything I hate about the ‘80s...

...It’s beautifully recorded though - so I placed it in a brand new MoFi sleeve alongside the original sleeve for @BuzzzFuzzz upon his collection of it and put the last loaner of his on... and it f***ing rocks!!! Please provide the Discogs link so I can buy exactly this one!!!

7008BE04-B414-4606-A3F0-4CE9506693DB.jpeg

Yup. The 80s was the worst decade for music. Newly married so couldn't afford music in that period...thank God. The 90s on the other hand ?

• Like 3

I haven't really spun any vinyl for four years. I put my turntables and records in storage for a spell living overseas and I haven't got my system mojo working since moving back. Tonight, inspired by the activity in this thread, I have hooked up a kind of 'b team' and started playing a few things I bought while playback was on hiatus, mostly purchased on a trip to Japan a while back. 

_20200208_204319.JPG.ca7e3b23f2b4102c08e5d7d22410567e.JPG

Bill Withers'Greatest Hits 

He only shone for a relatively short time, but such a great songwriter with a warm, gentle voice and a band that could get as funky as necessary. Love the cheesey evocation of sophistication on the cover: champagne and roses, coffee and chocolate, whisky and cigarettes. 

• Like 7

To Top