Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Doug MaCleod - There's A Time on Reference Recording label 45rpm 2LP Half Speed Mastered -the recording is an excellent pressing and as usual, Doug does not disappoint. I'm a huge Doug MaCleod fan, but came across his music by chance around 20 years ago. I had my son playing a tennis tournament in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and needing to fill in time between matches, we went into Whatmough Audio and Colin Whatmough was very helpful and generous with his time and let us listen to several pairs of his loudspeakers, knowing full well that we were just killing time. One of the demo albums Colin played that day for us was Doug MaCleod's 'Whose Truth, Whose Lies' and I was hooked on his music from that day on. I had a great catalogue of music to explore from that time too, as Whose Truth, Whose Lies was recorded in 2000 and Doug had released several very good albums prior to that.

Doug MaCleod - There's A Time.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Neil Young, Rust Never Sleeps - Live

446330762_RustYoung.jpg.82a6221abbfc28c4a400eb0c5e357ea9.jpg

JJ

Oh yeah, right up there with my favourite Neil Young albums this one......great choice, but I don’t want to start on NY, otherwise I’ll be spinning his albums all night!?

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 20/01/2020 at 8:19 AM, hlov said:

And now time to piss of the neighbours. You can’t listen to this one on low volume.

Nirvana - Nevermind Original Portuguese pressing.

That's not true, but then the neighbours will not retain their respect for you, nor appreciate the music adequately.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Harmonia, Musik von Harmonia. A collection of 70s experimental electronic music by musicians now seen at the cutting edge of electronic music.

Hans-Joachim Roedelius – organ, piano, guitar, electric percussion
Michael Rother – guitar, piano, organ, electric percussion
Dieter Moebius – synthesizer, guitar, electric percussion

Harmonia.jpg.7eac62ed4640826e668e5fe74880f1f0.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up To Love on Analogue Productions label and sticking with the blues. If you want an LP to show off your loudspeakers, this is the one!:thumb:

Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up To Love.JPG

Having a listen to this on Tidal (at work and only have my phone and headphones).  Terrific album Keith.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Having a listen to this on Tidal (at work and only have my phone and headphones).  Terrific album Keith.

Very cool indeed, just listening on Tidal now. The track Give It Up To Love reminds me of Drift away 

• Like 1

To Top