Vinyl - Currently Spinning

9 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Great album indeed and brings back many memories for me when I hear it...........just have to be in the right mood these days.

Agreed - I think I was 15ish (1995) when I bought this on CD... It was definitely a Maccas paycheque purchase. Astounding so many of the social issues of the ‘80s remain completely unchanged.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Agreed - I think I was 15ish (1995) when I bought this on CD... It was definitely a Maccas paycheque purchase. Astounding so many of the social issues of the ‘80s remain completely unchanged.

It would have been late ‘80s or 1990 for me when I bought that album and we’d been married 15 years  and had four children by then. I just have such distinct memories when I hear those tracks, it was in such high rotation back then............one of our favourite albums for sure with her words and phrasing painting such a vivid picture of the times we lived in.

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, furtherpale said:

US first pressing I bought sealed about 12 months ago... stunning album musically, and recorded beautifully.

0BFE0A67-ACE0-4D54-8E43-6E6D3FE00DEE.jpeg

Oh boy, it must have cost you a fortune. Is it a DMM as the OZ one?

It’s probably the best Tracy’s album

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hlov said:

Of course they do, this previous post shows how I feel about it

FA6B2E93-21E9-491E-B6AF-39308AF41085.thumb.png.d7f576ac1d6c0db8355fb81be9bee2f2.png

Yep, they’re working on that shot!?

On several other posts they didn’t appear to be working.

Cheers Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, furtherpale said:

US first pressing I bought sealed about 12 months ago... stunning album musically, and recorded beautifully.

0BFE0A67-ACE0-4D54-8E43-6E6D3FE00DEE.jpeg

What's that I spy? A L-550? nice nice!

23 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, they’re working on that shot!?

On several other posts they didn’t appear to be working.

Cheers Keith

Guess I have a crappy phone :) or maybe didn’t play them loud enough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hlov said:

Guess I have a crappy phone :) or maybe didn’t play them loud enough 

Don’t know about your phone and I’m too old and an absolute Luddite when it comes to these smart phones...........they’re a lot smarter than me I’m afraid to say!?

Cheers.,

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Que??

Luddites actually understood technology well - to the point they saw it as a threat to employment and organised as a quasi-terroristic group destroying post industrial revolution manufacturing machinery - I’m taking it too far, I know...

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, furtherpale said:

Luddites actually understood technology well - to the point they saw it as a threat to employment and organised as a quasi-terroristic group destroying post industrial revolution manufacturing machinery - I’m taking it too far, I know...

Way too far I think.?

My understanding and how I meant the term Luddite with regard to my knowledge when it comes to mobile phones, is that a Luddite is someone who is typically incompetent when it comes to new technology. That certainly described me when I bought my iPhone 6 a couple of years ago and I haven’t really learnt all that much since.

I wasn’t aware of the machinery busting luddites but I am now, so perhaps we’ve both learnt something.?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Purchased today at my favourite second hand record shop (which is lucky because it’s the only one in Darwin), Air Raid Records, for the princely sum of $1.00 (Australian pressing). Vinyl in truly excellent condition and sounding beautiful. 

Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat

2884DDF9-699D-408E-A614-9390D601405F.jpeg

That has to be the bargain of the year. What a gem. Was one of the first CDs l bought when l ventured into high end audio....jealous. Highly rated by audiophiles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Trans = "many burros"

platero-project-burros-232647.jpg?h=b819

(I hope the jokes get butter from here)

Currently:

R-1464025-1317159382.jpeg.jpg

It's admirable and engaging if you are into the soul-baring school of singer-songwriters. Surprisingly, a keeper.

Wow, MTV Alanis unplugged, I used to have the CD back on the days. That I Would Be Good is simply amazing.

Good catch on the burros thingy

• Like 2