Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Hi All,

2 hours ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Brainticket 'Cottonwoodhill' (1971)

P1070677.JPG.ab8318db1da30a64c10fa447789eca65.JPG

Now that takes me back to my very late teens, something I had long forgotten, until I saw that picture, as they say, 'Once seen, never forgotten' :thumb:

I am currently listening to Vanilla Fudge, only because of the Psychodelic Picture remimded me of the cover.

VF.jpg.089f7ea8174c25efab58c01f2c3c2188.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

Madonna 

Madame X

My favourite album after her Erotica album, it is an album you either love or hate - but I loved it the moment I heard it on the Deluxe CD edition, the layering of instruments and introducing me to "Batuka" - always a journey with Madonna - sounds amazing on Vinyl ?

I brought this CD and was obsessed with it for weeks and heard the Vinyl was so much better and it is this album that actually made me take the plunge to finally commit and buy the turntable as I wanted to hear it in it's fully glory...............

I think my neighbours may hate me for the next hour though as I pump this out !!!!!!!!

Just a funny note though on quality control - misprints on the track listing for Side 1 - says 4 tracks on the back cover and inner sleeves, but only 3 tracks are on side 1 on the LP - terrible the lack of quality control in these things.

IMG_3215.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6

First proper post on this thread - but since system synergy it’s now one of the only ones I read - love some of the albums I’ve found on here.

Anyway, One of the albums of childhood - Bob’s first album backed by a full band... It’s still one of my favourites, and MoFi really did knock it out of the park with the Bob Dylan releases.

I remember Mum saying Bob was crap from here on in, and my Dad saying it’s when he came good. Such a pivotal album,

Tombstone Blues is my personal standout - but standing out on this album in any way is a tough ask.

1A69D174-F7C4-4FCB-9423-0CDF0E2694A6.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 4

On 06/01/2020 at 3:17 PM, Full Range said:

I also liked Meriweather beach 

My friends parents owned that fish and chip ship on the opposite corner from the long car park ( you will know what I mean ) 

I have met Mark Richards on Meriweather beach but always went to his fathers shop for surf gear 

For those not in the know - Mark is a surfing world champion 

My mate lives in Gordon avenue Hamilton South so when I visit - the beach is  only a few blocks away 

He normally drives me there before we even say hello  

Ray Richards and Pacific Dreams were the two Surf shops I'd buy my gear from, I surfed from the age of 12.  Growing up in Newcastle, you were either a Surfer or Westie (motor bikes). I moved to Sydney in my early twenties. Didn't touch a board again..

• Like 2

On 07/04/2017 at 11:45 AM, Full Range said:

Based on some other threads I have read in the past regarding cataloging ones record and other media collection 

I have joined Discogs 

Now every time I play a record I also add it to my collection list 

Havent tried this feature as yet but you can export the collection as text 

We will see how it pans out for me 

you can export it to excel - I do that and send to my insurance company each year at renewal time, so that I can prove my library should anything happen.  I insure for the max $$ as listed on discogs.

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 2

Inspiration from @evil c

I received this album for my birthday last month - but just opened it up for a spin today 

Needs no introduction 

But it sounds fantastic on my horn system with a little extra volume ?

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - Tubular Bells 

95791-C18-BC20-49-B8-94-EC-977-A8682-A60

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Growing up in Newcastle, you were either a Surfer or Westie

I was actually both 

Our family owned a mechanical workshop and we loved speed, especially road going cars for 1/4 mile drag racing and sky boats 

Chased waves mostly from Nobbys to Redhead 

We also converted old VW’s to beach buggies and rode the sand dunes with a little beach fishing at Stockton 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2