Vinyl - Currently Spinning

What a great country album this is, folks. Colter Wall is a Canadian singer/songwriter and his voice and songs are reminiscent of several great country performers, but it is hard to place him exactly.................for me anyway.:)

Cheers,

Keith

Colter Wall - Colter Wall.JPG

• Like 3

On 06/01/2020 at 2:11 PM, cheekyboy said:

Someone mentioned Sheffield Lab recordings to me recently, so I've gone digging into my small Sheffield Lab collection and I've been really enjoying playing these albums again, some like Dave Grusin - Discovered Again I probably haven't played for two or three decades. It is a very good D2D recording which I bought I think in the mid to late '70s. It is on 120 - 130g vinyl, sounds fantastic and no sign of warping, which is more than I can say for many 180 - 200g vinyl for sale these days!

Cheers,

Keith

Dave Grusin - Discovered Again.JPG

Great album. Eye on the Sparrow, Baretta was such a great show:thumb:

• Like 2

Against my better judgment I bought this today. Sounds very nice and no audible flaws.

I never got the chance to see Perry/Journey live but was lucky enough to see them with Arnel. He was amazing. At times he is Almost indistinguishable from Perry and others sounds excellent anyway. After first listen this is a pretty good Journey album.

20200108_175748.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Picked this up the other day for $18. 50th Anniversary.

Sounds very good. Enveloping on my system.

Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg.03dfd49ad50189421f0c56550731dca1.jpg

Mastered from an early tape, all analogue chain... I have it and I know what you mean... Sunday Morning suddenly became my favourite song on this record.

https://www.discogs.com/release/11863629

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, furtherpale said:

Mastered from an early tape, all analogue chain... I have it and I know what you mean... Sunday Morning suddenly became my favourite song on this record.

Yes. Put this on and turn it up and your in another world. Simplicity at its finest.

• Like 3

Just spinning some vinyl in between matches at the ATP Cup this morning. I'm a big Ella Fitzgerald fan and Clare Teal's tribute to Ella on this D2D cut recording is superb. It is an extremely dynamic recording with great work from the Yorkshire lass, Teal, working seamlessly with the Syd Lawrence Orchestra, which can't be an easy task for a walk up, one take and you're done recording.

Cheers,

Keith

Clare Teal - Ella Fitzgeral Tribute album.JPG

• Like 4

On 07/01/2020 at 1:11 PM, cheekyboy said:

Jason Isbell is one of my favourite country/alternative country performers and if you haven't given this Alabama singer/songwriter an audition yet, I can highly recommend his music to you. His work with the 400 Unit on Nashville Sound is outstanding with every track as good as the one before it.:thumb:

Jason Isbell - Nashville Sound.JPG

You should be going to see Eileen Jewell in March I think

She will be playing in Sydney 

Also John Prine at Easter 

Jason Isbell loves John Prine and has played on stage with him

Not sure if they have recorded

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

You should be going to see Eileen Jewell in March I think

She will be playing in Sydney 

Also John Prine at Easter 

Jason Isbell loves John Prine and has played on stage with him

Not sure if they have recorded

I'm a fan of Eilen Jewell and that's understandable too, given she can sound a lot like Lucinda Williams, especially on the bluesy tracks.

I'm an even bigger fan of John Prine and yeah, I've seen video of him and Jason Isbell on stage together too, but I'm not sure if they've ever recorded anything together either.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1