Vinyl - Currently Spinning

38 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

When at Aldi today purchased these 2 LPs, gave them a clean and play, no problem with them, quality would be 8/10

Aldi.jpg.3a5f0d9b1de5dae36f6e9ab1e784858f.jpg

JJ

Aldi????? Didn't know they sell albums from time to time - how cool !! 

(April now thinks: "What excuse do I need to go to Aldi"?????????

• Haha 2

On 14/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

When at Aldi today purchased these 2 LPs, gave them a clean and play, no problem with them, quality would be 8/10

Aldi.jpg.3a5f0d9b1de5dae36f6e9ab1e784858f.jpg

JJ

Ha, I just saw these albums yesterday, thanks for the advise. I was keen to get an Aretha Franklin's one, I'll grab it on Wednesday as I'm off then.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Yeahhhhhhh Baby !!!!!! (to quote Austin Powers in Madonna's Beautiful Stranger video)  

?

Hahaha, I didn’t remember that I have this album. We put the Xmas tree today and was forced to reorganise my records and found it along with her debut album. It’s interesting kind of electronic type of music

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hlov said:

Hahaha, I didn’t remember that I have this album. We put the Xmas tree today and was forced to reorganise my records and found it along with her debut album. It’s interesting kind of electronic type of music

Is it a nice pressing? I have not brought that one yet.........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

Is it a nice pressing? I have not brought that one yet.........

It does sounds  good but I'm not Impressed, feel like listening a CD :) it has an an original pressing sticker, nice music though, I'm listening to her electronic version of American Pie 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hlov said:

It does sounds  good but I'm not Impressed, feel like listening a CD :) it has an an original pressing sticker, nice music though, I'm listening to her electronic version of American Pie 

Isn't that funny - see, I dont mind if a LP sounds clean like the CD - I like the cleaner sound with just crackles in the dead wax - I guess though that is likely just a digital pressed to Vinyl then? I have not researched that one much yet as I have been getting the original pressings of her early LPs.

Try and avoid Bedtime Stories (re-issue) though, heard that is a shocking one - the original is better but you nearly need to sell a kidney to afford it - and American Life album - very mixed reviews on that too - and some mix ups with one of the 4 LPs playing at 45 speed. 

Warners have truly fluffed up her vinyl releases - too rushed and no care or thought in the later ones from what I can gather.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I like some early Culture Club but never bought a record as I was to much into Prog 

Yes, me too - early Culture Club was so good, this had me grooving around the living room today - (I cannot help but dance to good music - cannot sit still) - the 80s era was really a wonderful time in music no matter what genre you were in to - and Boy George was very interesting even if he turned out to be a big fat tool for a while there as his ego grew - but this album is a worthy addition in my collection and I know it will get on to the Turntable quite a bit, coz it is just one of those "feel good and groove" albums.

• Like 3