Vinyl - Currently Spinning

3 hours ago, Rustee said:

A better shot of poor Santa who got partially cropped from my last post. Still got the lovely Advents hooked up.

Tracy Chapman.

6972A77E-70CB-4A05-97AB-3B17ED819ECF.jpeg

What a great album, haven’t played it for a while

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Full Range said:

It’s my birthday today 

Asked my wife ( ladies choice ) to select a record for me to play 

This is her choice and I approve ?

Artist - Alice Cooper 

Title - Killer 

B74842-AA-A31-F-4-BC2-A9-E7-A52-C3-A31-A

Happy  birthday Mr FR, thanks for creating this thread ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SscFdz0.jpg

David Bowie - Low

NZ original pressing, 1977

I have an original UK pressing of this which is quite nice - I remembered it being noisy, but upon checking, it really wasn't. Some low level noise, but not objectionable at all. However, had already bought this by then!

Both are pressed from STERLING masters, so they sound the same. Not a bad option really, if you find one.

Edited by GeoffR
  • Like 6

Hi All,

Delta, Swamp, Rock Volume 2, A Compilation of Rock, Country and Soul

Delta.jpg.5ee204b1f410e7e40426469b2afe13d6.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    –Leon Russell    Out In The Woods    3:36
A2    –Tony Joe White    Polk Salad Annie    3:41
A3    –Barefoot Jerry    Come To Me Tonight    4:41
B1    –Duane* & Gregg Allman    Morning Dew    3:39
B2    –Dan Penn    If Love Was Money    3:27
B3    –Linda Ronstadt    I Won't Be Hangin’ Round    2:58
C1    –Waylon Jennings    Big D    2:29
C2    –Big Star    Thirteen    2:34
C3    –Bobbie Gentry    Mississippi Delta    3:04
D1    –Travis Wammack    I Forgot To Remember To Forget    2:52
D2    –Johnny Cash    If I Were A Carpenter    3:00
D3    –Billy Vera    I'm Leavin' Here Tomorrow, Mama    4:11

JJ

• Like 5

Hi All,

Another of Yesterdays arrivals, The Velvet Underground, Scepter Studios Sessions.

Velvet.jpg.3fd8b2edf8d4d967c480cce7f20ff47f.jpg

Tracks :
A1 European Son  9:02
A2 The Black Angel's Death Song  3:16
A3 All Tomorrow's Parties  5:53
A4 I'll Be Your Mirror  2:11

B1 Heroin  6:16
B2 Femme Fatale  2:36
B3 Venus in Furs  4:29
B4 Waiting for the Man  4:10
B5 Run Run Run 4:23

JJ

• Like 5

MADONNA - Something To Remember

Picked this up in Amazon Black Friday sales - it was full of static and put it through Spin Clean - and it played quite crackly  (awful to be honest) that I thought I would have to return it as it was possibly a  dud? But I re-sleeved it in a Mofi style sleeve and left it alone for a few days. Put it back on the Turntable to check it and voila - played quite nicely - only a bit of static between tracks mostly.

The album itself has too many tracks on both sides  & should have been on two LPs, but I read on Discogs that as it is ballads and has little bass it works OK.

Anyway, always liked these ballads together on CD - so nice to have it on vinyl, shall give it a listen to again on the weekend and see if any more improvement.

One day I hope to buy one of those Wet Dry Vacs - but FIRST it the impending Turntable upgrade ?

I have also noticed though, when washed and re-sleeved and left alone for a few days  the LPs seem to settle down static wise? 

IMG_2449.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, April Snow said:

MADONNA - Something To Remember

Picked this up in Amazon Black Friday sales - it was full of static and put it through Spin Clean - and it played quite crackly  (awful to be honest) that I thought I would have to return it as it was possibly a  dud? But I re-sleeved it in a Mofi style sleeve and left it alone for a few days. Put it back on the Turntable to check it and voila - played quite nicely - only a bit of static between tracks mostly.

The album itself has too many tracks on both sides  & should have been on two LPs, but I read on Discogs that as it is ballads and has little bass it works OK.

Anyway, always liked these ballads together on CD - so nice to have it on vinyl, shall give it a listen to again on the weekend and see if any more improvement.

One day I hope to buy one of those Wet Dry Vacs - but FIRST it the impending Turntable upgrade ?

I have also noticed though, when washed and re-sleeved and left alone for a few days  the LPs seem to settle down static wise? 

IMG_2449.JPG

Wow, didn’t know it was a vinyl of this. Does it have the song take a bow? I believe it was there or was it on the immaculate collection one? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, hlov said:

Wow, didn’t know it was a vinyl of this. Does it have the song take a bow? I believe it was there or was it on the immaculate collection one? 

Yes it does, it is a lovely collection of all her ballads and nice to have This Used to By My Playground on there too & "I Want You".

My copy was very noisy when it arrived (even after spin clean & Milty anti stat gun) but it has settled having had a week in the Anti Stat sleeve, shall give it a spin again tonight. I thought I had a naff pressing - as a newbie I am still trying to tell what is a good pressing and what is a bad pressing ?

I got it for a great price (under $30 with free shipping) so thought it worth a go - as I do like the CD - it is nice to have the artwork in it's full glory too.

Side A

• 1. I Want You
  • 2. I’ll Remember (Theme From The Motion Picture “With Honors”)
  • 3. Take A Bow
  • 4. You’ll See
  • 5. Crazy For You
  • 6. This Used To Be My Playground
  • 7. Live To Tell

Side B

• 1. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore (Remix Version)
  • 2. Something To Remember
  • 3. Forbidden Love
  • 4. One More Chance
  • 5. Rain
  • 6. Oh Father (Alternate Album Version)
  • 7. I Want You (Orchestral Album Version)
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Yes it does, it is a lovely collection of all her ballads and nice to have This Used to By My Playground on there too & "I Want You".

My copy was very noisy when it arrived (even after spin clean & Milty anti stat gun) but it has settled having had a week in the Anti Stat sleeve, shall give it a spin again tonight. I thought I had a naff pressing - as a newbie I am still trying to tell what is a good pressing and what is a bad pressing ?

I got it for a great price (under $30 with free shipping) so thought it worth a go - as I do like the CD - it is nice to have the artwork in it's full glory too.

Side A

• 1. I Want You
  • 2. I’ll Remember (Theme From The Motion Picture “With Honors”)
  • 3. Take A Bow
  • 4. You’ll See
  • 5. Crazy For You
  • 6. This Used To Be My Playground
  • 7. Live To Tell

Side B

• 1. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore (Remix Version)
  • 2. Something To Remember
  • 3. Forbidden Love
  • 4. One More Chance
  • 5. Rain
  • 6. Oh Father (Alternate Album Version)
  • 7. I Want You (Orchestral Album Version)

I  bought a vinyl from Amazon few weeks ago for first time, I ended up returning it as it was warped and sounded horrible, very disappointed. That is the album I remember, I think I have heard the CD back in the 90s and it had an Spanish version on You’ll see. I like the song Take a Bow a lot

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hlov said:

I  bought a vinyl from Amazon few weeks ago for first time, I ended up returning it as it was warped and sounded horrible, very disappointed. That is the album I remember, I think I have heard the CD back in the 90s and it had an Spanish version on You’ll see. I like the song Take a Bow a lot

Yes, I am not sure how often I would buy Vinyl from Amazon - but at least they have a good return policy if you hate something or have an issue with it.

No "Veras" (You'll See) Spanish is not on this or the CD version that I have. But it is on the CD remix single ? 

• Like 2