Vinyl - Currently Spinning

9 hours ago, aussievintage said:

The audioquest one looks better however.

The carbon fibre and velvet one from JB Hifi is cheaper however.

Yes I almost brought that yesterday only I had read how sometimes the Velvet ones can scratch records? I wanted to try their standard one (brush only) but the only one they had in stock was damaged - bristles went all different directions. I shall try another store though.

Reviews on the Audio Quest have not been very glowing as some say the bristles fall out and the gold part wears off.

You would think by these times there would have been something invented to stop static eh? A light safe spray, afterall us ladies can get anti-static spray to put on our undergarments - LOL

• Like 3

12 hours ago, aussievintage said:

The audioquest one looks better however.

The carbon fibre and velvet one from JB Hifi is cheaper however.

I ended up ordering a Pro-Ject anti static carbon brush - the Audio quest after reading so many reviews seems to have very mixed results - many say the bristles fall out and the gold part wears off really fast from just general handling. The Pro-Ject one is more affordable too at $25 with free shipping - and being all metal at the top you don't have to worry about keeping contact with the gold part like you do on the AQ one. 

I am sure the one I was sold by the record store here on the Goldie is really not so good - I am not sure the top is even metal to be honest.

I have been having such issues with static - even with the Milty Zero Stat - I am starting to think it is the cheap Carbon Brush causing it.

I have been using my Spin Clean & re-sleeving in Mofi and I Milty Stat prior play, then use the brush - but I think I might start to try using the brush first then Milty Stat last before going on the platter.

Hard to think the Gold Coast would have so much static when we usually have humidity, but  the heat is quite dry and so much dust and likely ash particles from all the bush fires I guess, it is quite horrible - but could be worse, at least I didn't lost my house in the fires like some poor souls did ?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

I use a very old but well cared for record brush 

And it’s the best one I have ever used because it’s a dual purpose clean and antistatic 

This is the description I got from the WWW

Description

The Decca Record Brush is unique in that it serves a dual purpose effectively.

The Brush consists of a million tiny fibre bristles.

This means that each sweep of the record surface will allow upwards of a thousand bristles to enter each groove to clean it and remove more dust, dirt and grit than any other product available.

And there is one other vital task the Decca Record Brush undertakes: each bristle is electrically conductive.

Static on the record is removed through the bristles as you clean, without the aid of fluids or special compounds.

At last, a record surface cleaner which also removes static: the Decca Record Brush.

It comes complete with its own combined cleaner/stand, with full instructions.

41658-0-41658_1000x1000.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Mono

Ogden.jpg.f0f8a11a23b2281baf06e8243a850898.jpg

While on the area of cleaning brushes, you can see mine there, a Furutech purchased from @Krispy Audio when on sale several years back, info re same says:

Furutech's ASB-1 is a static eliminating brush created for audio and video applications. Featuring "COREBRID ™ B” composite core fibers, a unique highly conductive material. By lightly brushing the surface CDs, DVDs and LPs, the ASB-1 will remove static charge and at the same time remove any dust from the grooves of LPs. This revolutionary product solves in one simple sweep the problem of electro static noise and deteriorating sound and image quality.

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Die Ärzte - 'Ist Das Alles?' .. A compilation album of singles and unreleased songs and remixes? Has a German version of 'Walk Like an Egyptian' lol

IMG_20191206_161142.thumb.jpg.b4b511bab20dec68a30a951dccaa0d3f.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
Bloody german spelling -.-
  • Like 1

More appeasing Mrs Esquire whilst making thai green curry for dinner.. Boney M - 'Take The Heat Off Me'

IMG_20191206_210830.thumb.jpg.386062f409e24669e9dd1ce8df546649.jpg

And now finally getting to the good ****.. Syd Barrett - 'The Madcap Laughs' .. I can't concisely put into words why or how much I love and respect Syd Barrett and his music. Genuinely over the moon to own his albums on vinyl after several years of searching and to be able to share it in the best, most tactile, visceral, format with the Mrs..

IMG_20191206_210736.thumb.jpg.50f6977ac9ad023f175823f4bf29f391.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Van Der Graaf Generator 'Do Not Disturb' (2016)

Sadly there's no David Jackson but Hammill, Banton and Evans create antoher intricate masterpiece.

P1070608.JPG.decc43b2b9f0c87ad47d0029af2c2cbb.JPG

This one has peaked my interest 

Have several VDGG on LP and more on CD 

So will have a listen on the tube 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I’m sticking with some 70s English Rock & Roll 

Only have this album from this band but followed them via the radio 

Artist - Status Quo

Title - Rocking All Over The World 

5717049-B-8-FEC-4128-B4-B9-C5-C7-EE5-F99

I always thought they should have released an album "Keeping The ".

Would have been a great album title for them.

• Like 2

From what I have read - this album would not have been released as new material was in the pipeline but egos and disagreements got in the way 

Even though this album release has old material it’s still timeless nonetheless 

Cover art was by Joni Mitchell 

Artist - Crosby Stills Nash & Young 

Title - So Far 

DD3-E60-C3-C2-E1-4315-9-EDA-EC8-ABEE55-C

• Like 3

To Top