Vinyl - Currently Spinning

19 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @dirtmudd

The Marillion LPs are excellent reissues :thumb:

JJ

Wish that I can reissue .. this moment in time again...

marillion's first sold out usa concert..

in the states.. and I was there ! 

that night it was -29 celuies..

and wind blowing 39 kilometers..

26.02.1986 - Mohawk Valley Community College - Utica, NY, USA
01 The Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra)
02 Emerald Lies (Intro)
03 Script For A Jester's Tear
04 Incubus
05 Jigsaw
06 The Web
07 Misplaced Childhood
08 Fugazi
09 Garden Party
10 Market Square Heroes

PIC: Ticket by Duke A. Potter
INFO: Warm-up show
INFO: Setlist by Claus Nygaard

"As I recall, 700 tickets were sold for that particular Marillion concert in Utica, NY, and people as far away as Canada were requesting tickets for the show. Since it was a warm-up show, I could have sworn Marillion played the song Script For A Jester's Tear twice during the show, as if they were "practicing" it." Thanks to Duke A. Potter

"they stopped playing script for a jester tear !

a fight broke out in the crowd.... and Fish pointed him out...

the culprit was ejected...

and the show went on !"

dirtmudd
Edited by dirtmudd
  • Like 5

Heading into the 80s now with the 11th album 

They came back with a great album after trying to break into the American market and punk music 

Then new American band’s copied the formula to great success 

Artist - Slade 

Title - The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome 

271-EF370-D8-A6-416-D-B516-E2511423-CEBB

• Like 3

Haven’t posted any spins since the phone app was discontinued (slack I know). Making up for my lack of contributions with this ripper.

BBC Transcription Services recording: The Cure live.

Bloody awesome.

1C295A51-322C-4C65-A75D-3C6D6ABDBB56.jpeg

• Like 2

Tex Don And Charlie - 'You Don't Know Lonely' .. Turned up from Amazon today, sound quality is excellent but unfortunately it turned up with both kinds of split to the inner sleeve, unglued on one side, and the record tore through the other. Slightly warped but if the inner sleeve was fine I could live with it.. Anyway may aswell enjoy it before it goes back.

IMG_20191203_202422.thumb.jpg.b45a8b74a2e43cbafb0661ed44e27156.jpg

• Like 1

And the second one from Amazon, which thankfully turned up in perfect condition; The Steeldrivers self titled album.. amazing modern bluegrass, not to mention Chris Stapleton singing and writing songs ??

Only $17 on Amazon AU if you're interested. absolute bargain!; https://www.amazon.com.au/STEELDRIVERS-LP-Steeldrivers/dp/B01N7GDXJZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=steeldrivers&qid=1575370337&s=music&sr=1-1

467712396_IMG_20191203_2115332.thumb.jpg.277da00c7d66239277ab799e9e711e02.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rustee said:

Haven’t posted any spins since the phone app was discontinued (slack I know). Making up for my lack of contributions with this ripper.

BBC Transcription Services recording: The Cure live.

Bloody awesome.

1C295A51-322C-4C65-A75D-3C6D6ABDBB56.jpeg

What is the track listing?

• Like 1

This is the last Slade album in the collection but still in the 80s 

The band added some keyboards to the formula in this release but not everyone liked it 

But my take is that a band needs to move forward or they go stale so this is an underrated sleeper album that you need to listen to a few time to get the essence 

Artist - Slade

Title - Rogues Gallery 

372-E59-D8-5-AC7-4224-8-E81-08-F62-C63-B

• Like 2

Just arrived at the door...

Black Sabbath  'Master of Reality'  1971 - 2010 Rhino reissue, Warner Bros. Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.

58014786_BlackSabbathMasterofReality1971-2010RhinoreissueWarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA..JPG.abe8b22e140db846abadae0b2048b575.JPG

I've been hunting the Sabbath Rhino reissues for a while.

Three popped up in the SNA classifieds - Yippee, from @trigun74, all as described and in very good shape.  Thanks mate.

Sounds very nice, pumping with much gusto.

• Like 3

Hey @Janjuc yes mate, a nice score here on SNA.  Have played Vol 4 as well but didn't post it.  I've read that the Rhino Vol 4 ain't as good as the others, but I thought it was great too.  

It's nice to have clean, crackle less copies of these finally. 

Will be giving Paranoid a spin tonight. 

Cheers. 

• Like 2

Evening all..  I must be careful not to address the fellas only, with the welcome addition of @April Snow to the forum.

Santa dropped in early today...

695823783_BlackSabbathParanoid1971-2006Rhinoreissue.WarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA.180gm.Masteredfromoriginalanaloguetapes..JPG.1afdcbcd1b9780d9bae5c29bafef27e1.JPG

Currently spinning...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

I've never had this one on vinyl before.  I must say I'm very impressed with this record, all nice covers and great sound.  But hearing this on vinyl for the first time is blowing me away.  War Pigs and Iron Man with considerable volume.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Evening all..  I must be careful not to address the fellas only, with the welcome addition of @April Snow to the forum.

Santa dropped in early today...

695823783_BlackSabbathParanoid1971-2006Rhinoreissue.WarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA.180gm.Masteredfromoriginalanaloguetapes..JPG.1afdcbcd1b9780d9bae5c29bafef27e1.JPG

Currently spinning...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

I've never had this one on vinyl before.  I must say I'm very impressed with this record, all nice covers and great sound.  But hearing this on vinyl for the first time is blowing me away.  War Pigs and Iron Man with considerable volume.

In my collection I have 

All first Australian pressings of 

Paranoid - 1970

Master of Reality - 1971

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 1973

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Full Range said:

All first Australian pressings of 

Nice one man.  I've been working my way through my collection on discogs after these arrived today.  I have a gatefold first Oz press of Vol 4., and a 1976 West German reissue of Master of Reality, and 2 copies of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath first Oz pressings, one with no cover as the disc is pretty well damaged and I used the cover for framing.  I haven't looked up my other Sab records yet.

I have the Earmark reissues of Black Sabbath and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and they are abysmal, DO NOT BUY.

I have been doing a lot of research on the Sabbath reissues.  The Steve Hoffman threads mention more than once that the Rhino Vol 4 is not as good as the others, but I have to disagree.  A couple of reviews on discogs indicate that it is one of the better Rhino reissues, go figure.

I found this on discogs...

RunttWah

October 7, 2016
edited over 3 years ago
These reissues actually sound better than the originals. I am an audio engineer. Spend lots of time in front of studio monitors. I own many original LP pressings including Sabbath. I did a side by side comparison. The reissues came out on top. The lacquers were cut at a slightly higher volume. Not by much, but the detail of each note played shines. Rhino did a fantastic job and continue to do so with their other reissues.

From the three Rhino reissues I now have, and listened to today, I would agree.  I will look for all the other Rhino reissues with confidence.

Cheers.
Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2

To Top