Vinyl - Currently Spinning

11 hours ago, April Snow said:

No, I wish it was a Technics - it is my first turntable to cut my teeth on (Audio Technica LP1200) PLEASE don't pay me out for it, I hope to upgrade next year when I find the right thing to move up to - I just wanted to test the waters without a massive commitment as I was not sure how much I would enjoy the hobby first. I am a total newbie ?

you will find that SNA community is very supportive and helpful. We are all here for the music. My gear is mainly vintage and it works well, you might want to upgrade in the future or you can continue with you current gear, it looks nice btw.

Enjoy your journey and keep playing those prince albums ;)

H

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rocketfrogs said:

A'B ing the original 1976 pressing and the 2017 re-issue of Boston's first album.  The re-issue sounds mighty fine!

P1070604.thumb.JPG.ea6bf2559fc56a09523b1bc25e43f0f0.JPG

Is that the Oz pressing? I think I have a Canadian and sounds fabulous

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hlov said:

you will find that SNA community is very supportive and helpful. We are all here for the music. My gear is mainly vintage and it works well, you might want to upgrade in the future or you can continue with you current gear, it looks nice btw.

Enjoy your journey and keep playing those prince albums ;)

H

Thank you for your kind words - I was scared to say what my turntable was  as I got really beat up on the Steve Hoffman forum as a newbie when I made my very first post asking a question about turntables/vinyl whilst I was waiting for my new Audio Kit to be installed - when "some" of them heard what I had purchased they told me that Vinyl was not for me and to return it whilst I could still get a refund, so I have been scared to mention it ever since.

Two other lovely members from there saw those posts and directed me here due to it being much more kinder and also mostly Aussies - as the other site seems to be more US based and they have more access to things than we do and a whole different attitude. 

I do intend to upgrade next year - and would love a Technics but really want it in silver (currently the new ones are in Black that have just been released) - so I am just getting used to what I have already and have had a lot of support from the Queensland Audio Club too (thank you) ? to make sure this T/T is set up to perfection, so it is giving me a feel for the hobby. Then I can dive in deeper.................

At the same time purchased a Marantz Amp & B&W speakers - but some told me the weak link in my setup is the Turntable and I guess they are right, but I purchased based on recommendations from others at that time that actually have this model and from YT Reviews - so thought this was a good one to start with to see how much I would love Vinyl before making a huge outlay. The speakers and Amp were easy as they were replacing a sound bar and woofer setup  and I have an extensive CD collection, but the T/T was the new bit.

I shall attach a photo, the T/T is on a solid timber table and that little crystal lamp? When it is in use not one bead moves - being isolated from everything else no vibrations. I am also considering upgrading maybe the cartridge as the next step if I cannot find the right T/T when the time comes.........but like everyone, have to think of that next year due to Xmas.

The painting on the wall? That is Prince - from the 2016 Piano & Microphone Tour - I was lucky to see him at the Sydney Opera House and so glad I did as we lost him two months later ? This moment was when he jumped up to sit on the piano to talk to us - it was magical. The artist is an Aussie -  She is very talented and Prince himself brought some of her work and she was destined to paint the "Purple Rain Room" at Paisley Park only he died and she only got as far as submitting the sketches.

He also used her artwork on his garments & he brought the rights to one of her paintings on her website. I mention this as I think her work is amazing & if anyone is into Prince to check out her work & website.

Now Prince is on my wall and looking over the turntable and keeping an eye on me that I am giving plenty of attention to him on my turntable ? and not too much to that other "female" that is clearly under my turntable.

Hugs to all ?

BLULE.FR

Blule The Boutique will delight you with her colourful illustrations, original paintings and high quality printed reproductions. Worldwide delivery.

IMG_2324.JPG

Prince on Piano.jpg

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@April Snow 

You only need to please yourself 

I have always played records because playing records brings a smile to my heart 

Equipment can be a money trap if not careful and any new equipment should be viewed in a holistic way or match the rest of your system 

So just enjoy your journey for now and don’t loose the spark in your heart 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I was scared to say what my turntable was 

G’day April.

This is indeed a most helpful, friendly, supportive and respectful forum.  I have just bought my first ever ‘new’ piece of equipment, a Music Hall MMF 2.2 TT.  Until now all my gear was either salvaged, given to me or bought from Op Shops.

In 3 years of membership here I have never been disrespected or criticised for my gear, or my musical preference, which is about 50% Metal, and have no hesitation in posting.

There is a wealth of informed members and info available here.  Enjoy.

For me it’s all about the music.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Blue Oyster Cult, Recorded In New York 1981

1974214628_BOCNewYork.jpg.6e6bdbeb59f693e76513ca0a7c614af7.jpg

Tracklist
A1    Dr. Music    
A2    Burnin' For You    
A3    Fire Of Unknown Origin    
A4    Joan Crawford    
B1    Veteran Of The Psychic Wars    
B2    Hot Rails To Hell    
B3    ME 262    
C1    Don't Fear The Reaper    
C2    Godzilla    
D1    Born To Be Wild    
D2    5 Guitars    
D2    Roadhouse Blues

JJ

• Like 6
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I am continuing with my Slade marathon this afternoon 

What a great album this is - It’s great to hear it again just to put a smile on my face 

Artist - Slade 

Title - Coz I Luv You 

F7-D9-D43-D-5-E74-400-D-998-B-F7-DA633-D

You are tempting me Mr FR, I just saw the Sladest LP on my local shop. Is it good?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Thank you for your kind words - I was scared to say what my turntable was  as I got really beat up on the Steve Hoffman forum as a newbie when I made my very first post asking a question about turntables/vinyl whilst I was waiting for my new Audio Kit to be installed - when "some" of them heard what I had purchased they told me that Vinyl was not for me and to return it whilst I could still get a refund, so I have been scared to mention it ever since.

Two other lovely members from there saw those posts and directed me here due to it being much more kinder and also mostly Aussies - as the other site seems to be more US based and they have more access to things than we do and a whole different attitude. 

I do intend to upgrade next year - and would love a Technics but really want it in silver (currently the new ones are in Black that have just been released) - so I am just getting used to what I have already and have had a lot of support from the Queensland Audio Club too (thank you) ? to make sure this T/T is set up to perfection, so it is giving me a feel for the hobby. Then I can dive in deeper.................

At the same time purchased a Marantz Amp & B&W speakers - but some told me the weak link in my setup is the Turntable and I guess they are right, but I purchased based on recommendations from others at that time that actually have this model and from YT Reviews - so thought this was a good one to start with to see how much I would love Vinyl before making a huge outlay. The speakers and Amp were easy as they were replacing a sound bar and woofer setup  and I have an extensive CD collection, but the T/T was the new bit.

I shall attach a photo, the T/T is on a solid timber table and that little crystal lamp? When it is in use not one bead moves - being isolated from everything else no vibrations. I am also considering upgrading maybe the cartridge as the next step if I cannot find the right T/T when the time comes.........but like everyone, have to think of that next year due to Xmas.

The painting on the wall? That is Prince - from the 2016 Piano & Microphone Tour - I was lucky to see him at the Sydney Opera House and so glad I did as we lost him two months later ? This moment was when he jumped up to sit on the piano to talk to us - it was magical. The artist is an Aussie -  She is very talented and Prince himself brought some of her work and she was destined to paint the "Purple Rain Room" at Paisley Park only he died and she only got as far as submitting the sketches.

He also used her artwork on his garments & he brought the rights to one of her paintings on her website. I mention this as I think her work is amazing & if anyone is into Prince to check out her work & website.

Now Prince is on my wall and looking over the turntable and keeping an eye on me that I am giving plenty of attention to him on my turntable ? and not too much to that other "female" that is clearly under my turntable.

Hugs to all ?

BLULE.FR

Blule The Boutique will delight you with her colourful illustrations, original paintings and high quality printed reproductions. Worldwide delivery.

IMG_2324.JPG

Prince on Piano.jpg

Wow, you saw Prince last show, it must have been great. When you will be ready for getting a new table just go to your local shops and test different ones. IMHO the way it goes is TT, cartridge, cables, pre-amp, Amp and then speaker, each one of those will make a difference, but one thing is for sure you will enjoy it at any stage.

H

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hlov said:

Wow, you saw Prince last show, it must have been great. When you will be ready for getting a new table just go to your local shops and test different ones. IMHO the way it goes is TT, cartridge, cables, pre-amp, Amp and then speaker, each one of those will make a difference, but one thing is for sure you will enjoy it at any stage.

H

Yes that was my whole trouble  - no hifi shops on the Goldie like there used to be & even the ones that are here, no turntable setups & even Video Pro that sell them had none set up & to make it worse could not even recommend an installer with TT experience !!  

I had to go totally by reviews and buy blind. But I have learnt more and will be different second time around that is for sure & with the help of my friends here - but as a newbie it was a nightmare from the start........

Prince - yes - I am so glad I did that, seen him twice in 2012 as well, nobody else like him.

So I say if you can manage to see someone you love - DO IT - because that might be the last chance and life is too short.

xxxx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hlov said:

You are tempting me Mr FR, I just saw the Sladest LP on my local shop. Is it good?

Actually all the records are great 

Several studio and a couple of Live albums 

Sladest is a compilation LP - so you will get a taste of the style 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hlov said:

H

April Snow. So sorry you had to experience the haters of the world. F%/#k 'em all l say. You are pretty savy, so you will pick out an excellent tt. Just Enjoy the journey.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

no hifi shops on the Goldie

Hello again April.

I've just moved interstate from Mt Tamborine (Gold Coast Hinterland).  While living there I found a great record and TT shop - Beatniks Records, Niecon Plaza, Shop 7-8/19 Victoria Ave, Broadbeach QLD 4218.  Phone: (07) 5538 7665  The owner is Jayden and he's very friendly and helpful.  Highly recommended.

He used to work for Atlantis Music at Southport, which is also still operating, though I read on another thread that they may be closing and going on-line only.  I had two negative experiences with the owner of Atlantis and would never shop there again, but it may be worth a look for you.  You can look them up if you feel inclined.

Hope this is of some help.

Ant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Actually all the records are great 

I have Slayed and Slade Alive on vinyl, but yet to give them a glue clean.  You have prompted me to get onto it tomorrow.

Are your records originals or reissues?  They look to be very well cared for.

Nice one Man.

Ant.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I have Slayed and Slade Alive on vinyl, but yet to give them a glue clean.  You have prompted me to get onto it tomorrow.

Are your records originals or reissues?  They look to be very well cared for.

Nice one Man.

Ant.

Yes all originals that I purchased in the 70s 

On some titles I have more than one copy 

However I lent out Slade Alive and haven’t seen it since 

• Like 2

Monday morning rock is playing now 

An album released as the genres of the day were changing 

This is a great but loud album with some great guitar riffs 

Artist - Slade

Title - What Ever Happened To Slade 

8871161-F-18-C1-47-B9-8-B26-83-E7598-DB1