Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Hi All,

The mono LP from the recently released Black Sabbath - The Vinyl Collection 1970 - 1978. These are a group of singles in mono for AM radio broadcast and unreleased as such until now together.

Monomania.jpg.b25261481795b301f1040500b5b758fe.jpg

Side One

“Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)”
“Wicked World”
“The Wizard”
“Iron Man” (Edited Version)

Side Two

“Paranoid”
“Into The Void” (Edited Version)
“Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
“It’s Alright”
Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Rustee said:

Working from home today and making the most of it by giving a few a spin. On my third spin, Dire Straits aLCHEMY .
IMG_5971.jpg

Ha, same here. WFH today. I have Alchemy and the Fleet one as well. Do u have a fancy pressing of Alchemy or just the OZ pressing. Haven’t played it for a while I might give it a go after the Piano man

8DE3C3B2-B625-49FD-B37F-EF1DB2217DA3.jpeg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, hlov said:

Ha, same here. WFH today. I have Alchemy and the Fleet one as well. Do u have a fancy pressing of Alchemy or just the OZ pressing. Haven’t played it for a while I might give it a go after the Piano man

8DE3C3B2-B625-49FD-B37F-EF1DB2217DA3.jpeg

Found my copy :)

2BC560C7-8556-4200-8E31-671A068F909C.jpeg

• Like 3

8DE3C3B2-B625-49FD-B37F-EF1DB2217DA3.thumb.jpeg.3616a8d7190d81d684060c26b71829b0.jpeg

Haha must be THE day to WFH!

Mine looks to be an 84 UK Vertigo pressing. But I’m no guru on identifying pressings. The SQ is great though!

IMG_5977.thumb.jpg.32e9eeb0c5d318a66b52c3e1b61d534b.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rustee said:

Haha must be THE day to WFH!

Mine looks to be an 84 UK Vertigo pressing. But I’m no guru on identifying pressings. The SQ is great though!

IMG_5977.thumb.jpg.32e9eeb0c5d318a66b52c3e1b61d534b.jpg

Small world, I think I have the same one :) and agree it sounds really nice 

EEBD319C-730E-4663-8725-EA58F4CC85CC.jpeg

• Like 3

Evening lads.

I usually post my records on the 'currently Spinning' thread, 'cos I play a lot of digital music too. 

Having recently picked up a Music Hall MMF 2.2, and last week a Vincent PHO-8, I'm at a point where I'm truly loving my vinyl again, and wanting to listen to them.  It has been a tad annoying for a few months, since my old Rotel deck starting having issues and has been retired.

I'm covering two cooks away on holidays this week, just me cooking in the kitchen for lunch and dinner.  I haven't had a lot of time to plonk myself down in the sweet spot and chillax for an hour or so... until tonight.

@stevoz :clover:suggested I leave the PHO-8 powered up fulltime.  Taking his advice I've left my Amp on as well, they've been on about 48 hours now.

Home from dinner with a new arrival from the Post Office today,  a few tokes of the 'erb , lights off, recliner reclined...

Recommended by @Janjuc... :thumb:

The Flaming Lips  'Oczy Mlody'  2017 Warner Bros. Records.  Printed in Canada.

357941288_TheFlamingLipsOczyMlody2017WarnerBros.Records.PrintedinCanada_600.jpg.36e34462d0360e75b8281e7aff350671.jpg

It's always been difficult for me to judge the difference in sound between two systems, unless I can switch between the two during simultaneous playback.  The time to change set up makes it tricky to fully judge.  I'm not yet confident in expressing what I hear either, I have much more learning ahead, and must focus more attention to the sound as well as the music.

All I can type is that it sounded just beautiful.

I haven't heard the album before, but it's very nice piece of vinyl, although very dusty.  I gave it a good carbon fibre brush, but I think I will give it a glue clean, side A was very faintly crackly.  But side B was dead quiet.

My first impression was the soundstage has opened up nicely and everything has more detail.

I haven't enjoyed a slab of vinyl this much for some time.  It's a wonderful feeling.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 8

I had this album as an eBay watch item - slipped my mind and time passed 
Anyway I got an offer via eBay to purchase at 40% off - that equated to $15 + shipping for a brand new sealed album 

It’s a 2003 European reissue and remastered  pressing 

Score ?

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Trespass 

https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Trespass/release/4663595

CF5-D04-D8-1000-41-FC-8-A0-C-2-BE5-C6-ED

• Like 4