Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Starting with a Sunday morning staple "A Change of Heart" by Golden Avatar.  Contains the key tracks 'Time for Going Home' and 'O Govinda'

avatar.thumb.JPG.3de2e985bc52d74dbc1a2bbbcead78f7.JPG

Followed by that Garcia boy Grateful Dead 'Blues for Allah'

blues.thumb.JPG.f7958e1b941f9e6f143e6aa3bab9b257.JPG

Grateful Dead 'Aoxomoxoa'.  Ahhh those crazy hippies...aox.thumb.JPG.5c338437efc981f79269ab1e256dc148.JPG 

• Like 2

Got this for nostalgic reasons as the movie is great.  This pressing not so much  Now despite that the album is labelled “33 tours” it has actually been pressed as a 45.  Says it nowhere on the label.  What is that about?

9CD534A7-A6A2-4BED-B4DD-D72049AE867B.jpeg

4BA6E050-6DE1-45CE-B1B6-8A822D55F8D5.jpeg

• Like 1

Today I put on a recent purchase of Nimbus Records- Supercut of Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue 

I have another 2 LPs of this wonderful record release 

Must say that this record sounds amazing on my system 

So I’m going to have a second listen after posting 

Artist - Miles Davis

Title Kind Of Blue 

Nimbus Records - Supercut 

7FB7CE61-2FC3-49FC-B60F-0B05732DF224.jpeg

• Like 3

I bought this pretty much the week it was released in Adelaide. I  remember the record shop guy making the comment that he hoped it would be better than the last Toto album (Turn Back). I said Turn Back was awesome (I appreciate no one had probably ever heard it in Adelaide much less bought it but me..). He said it didn't sell very well'... Here's this spud lecturing me about music when the rest of Australia was buying INXS and Cold Chisel.. ?

Anyhow nearly 36 years later its in pretty good nick. A bit worn but not too crackly.

DSC_1387.JPG

Edited by crisis
wrong third album doh! I loved Turn Back even more than Hydra actually.
  • Like 6

This album is a recent purchase ( thanks @TOM ) 

A fantastic album,  just love the Jazz I am hearing on this LP and it’s the first time I have actually played or listened to this album title 

Originally released in 1965 but this album is a Limited release and mastered by Columbia 1995 and released on Impulse Records 

Artist - John Coltrane 

Title - A Love Supreme 

301CDF7D-A79A-43FF-9D3F-232E1C2416C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

$3 opp-shop pickup while looking for costume-fodder for a school event.  The cover is a bit worn but the vinyl is in amazingly good shape.  Really got lost in the performance...

https://www.discogs.com/Beethoven-Daniel-Barenboim-Piano-Sonatas-No-4-In-E-Flat-Major-Op-7-No-28-In-A-Major-Op-101-No-25-In-/release/7416885

R-7416885-1441087605-2197.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsui.afan said:

Slade - noisy & crazy. I still remembered my mum shout: turn down the bloody volume!! now my wife also shouted: xx@#4>>!!

I am a closet Slade fan 

Have quite a few Slade albums 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2