Full Range

Vinyl / Records Currently Spinning

Starting a specific thread for Vinyl Record spinning 

My plan is to go through my record collection one by one and post as I go with a nice photo 

Hope all record ( darksiders ) will follow my lead and post on this new Vinyl / Record spinning thread 

So to kick it off I will post one of the very first albums I purchased - and I had to order it 

Since then I never got over King Crimson - still a top 3 favourite band 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Young Persons Guide 

TT - Garrard 401

Stylus - Stanton 981 LZS 

Tonearm - Transfi Terminator 

Let the fun begin on the Darkside :love

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range

Next on the listening list is 

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - In the Court Of The Crimson King

An extremely good album 

image.jpeg

I am on a roll and spinning into the pleasure zone 

Spinning now 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Larks' Tongues in Aspic 

image.jpeg

1. I'll give it a try

2. I like your choices

3. I bought this LP in 1964, it's still one of my favourite go-tos for late-night listening

4. ProJect TT

5. I'm not as neat as you

58c15507def31_Undercurrent0146(Large).thumb.jpg.c6b1132c0bc1804e9622beda7bab0301.jpg

cheers

mick

Next on the spinning list is more KC

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - Starless And Bible Black 

image.jpeg

I don't think we need a specific format spinning thread.

If you check the currently spinning thread most posters list what format they are playing at the time.

Guest Hensa

If you check the currently spinning thread most posters list what format they are playing at the time.

And the vast majority of posters in the other currently spinning threads are spinning records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, soundfan said:

7 minutes ago, Hensa said:

And the vast majority of posters in the other currently spinning threads are spinning records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats fine as It's a free forum 

It's a choice one has to make themselves 

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Thats fine as It's a free forum 

It's a choice one has to make themselves 

Paul, no offence was intended. But the spinning thread has been running fine for a number of years.

I'm sure you've seen it at some point? 

8 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Paul, no offence was intended. But the spinning thread has been running fine for a number of years.

I'm sure you've seen it at some point? 

I have participated in it and no offence taken 

However you will have also see other music genre spinning threads 

One of the reasons and the main inspiration I started this thread is the presentation format of the participants 

The idea came to me from some posters on Instagram where they photograph the album they are playing and the turntable it's played on 

It also invites discussion on SQ, Tone Arms, Cartridges ect 

This is the main difference of this thread to others 

Just now, Full Range said:

The idea came to me from some posters on Instagram where they photograph the album they are playing and the turntable it's played on 

But many do that on the spinning thread already. It's not new. I believe it was @ferchersan that kicked off the trend of showing album and table pics.

Anyway...knock yourself out. :)

15 hours ago, mickj1 said:

1. I'll give it a try

2. I like your choices

3. I bought this LP in 1964, it's still one of my favourite go-tos for late-night listening

4. ProJect TT

5. I'm not as neat as you

58c15507def31_Undercurrent0146(Large).thumb.jpg.c6b1132c0bc1804e9622beda7bab0301.jpg

cheers

mick

What are all those small picture thingies around your turntable?

:)

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

Coasters for his Tassie cider ?

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

they are what is known as 'alternative means'

cheers

mick

Any UK fans out there ?

I have 3 UK albums to share with with you 

And will do so as I spin them 

First on the list is 

Artist - UK

Album - Danger Money

Edit

Added pressing info photo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range

To make this vinyl only somewhat more interesting   what pressings you are playing.?

Cheers

Edited by Metamatic

3 hours ago, Metamatic said:

To make this vinyl only somewhat more interesting   what pressings you are playing.?

Cheers

Thats a good idea 

Will include that info in the future 

After watching The Congering with the wife and daughter I had to relax a little 

So I decided to spin another UK album

Artist - UK

Album - Night After Night / Live 

Pressing Issue information in photo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next up is my last record of UK

Artist - UK

Album UK self titled 

Pressing information in photo 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wife is at work so I'm vinyl spinning 

For something different 

It's an album that has great SQ and a very interesting Artist list 

Any SNA members have this album 

Artists - Various Artists 

Album - First Edition

Artist and track list with pressing info in photo 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Although I've largely abandoned my Terminator arm, have you tried any of Vic's tweaks? Such as arm cable dressing, change in arm pivot point material, using rubber bands to suspend arm.

One tweak I see you don't have which I used was to put a protective cap on the end of the bottom of the arm. Too easy to scrape the record on it otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Although I've largely abandoned my Terminator arm, have you tried any of Vic's tweaks? Such as arm cable dressing, change in arm pivot point material, using rubber bands to suspend arm.

One tweak I see you don't have which I used was to put a protective cap on the end of the bottom of the arm. Too easy to scrape the record on it otherwise.

My Terminator arm and set up is superb and has no issues 

The setup of this arm was factored in when building the plinth I don't have any issues at all  

Did not know any issues about the pivot points that you mentioned but as an engineer I thought it best to enhance the connection point 

While putting it all together I applied a special coating that is used in string instrument building 

Always careful with record placement so no issues 

With wires I suppose I could have a look at what others are doing as I haven't visited the site for a long time 

I gather the tweaks are all about trial and error, no criticism of the current set ups but only trying to improve.

I'm sure Vic would be receptive to any suggestions, ie your special coating, esp if it could be shared with other owners.

7 minutes ago, Citroen said:

I gather the tweaks are all about trial and error, no criticism of the current set ups but only trying to improve.

I'm sure Vic would be receptive to any suggestions, ie your special coating, esp if it could be shared with other owners.

I am all for tweaks and improvements and don't mind taking things on board and sharing mine when people ask

Take note of the product number on this coating ( see photo ) 

image.jpeg

Guest Misterioso

Sarah Vaughan

EmArcy Records 1954

Reissue: Speakers Corner 2004

Brinkmann Bardo turntable

Jelco SA-750EB tonearm

Acoustical Systems arche headshell

Benz Micro Glider SL MC cart

Tron Seven phono stage

1489213847427-523215189.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eincrazyxiaorui
      Item: Classical & Soundtrack LP (ALL BRAND NEW & FACTORY SEALED)
      Price: The attached Catalogue has all the detailed pricing and product information
      Item Condition: All brand new & factory sealed
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Paypal Gift or +3% fee, bank transfer, Cash
      Extra Info:
      Boxset / Mix of boxset and non-boxset (FREE EXPRESS Shipping) Non-Boxset (FREE shipping for any 2+ order or contact me for P&H cost for single unit order) Check out my feedback for your peace of mind Happy to negotiate a deal on a bulk order PM for any inquiries  

LP.pdf
    • By eincrazyxiaorui
      Item: Classical & Soundtrack LP records (BRAND NEW & FACTORY SEALED)
      Price: Please see attached Catalogue which has all the detailed pricing and product information
      Item Condition: All brand new & factory sealed.
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Paypal Gift or +3% fee, bank transfer, Cash
      Extra Info:
      FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING for any 5+ item order Check out my feedback for your peace of mind Happy to negotiate a deal on a big order PM for any inquiries  

• By chimchimster
      Item: Vinyl Records Used
      Price:  See list
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Selling to help fund my son's first full length feature horror film (blood is expensive...)
      Payment Method: Shipping or Pickup - Paypal, Bank Transfer or Cash
      Extra Info: If you need more info or pictures of a record, please let me know. I will combine shipping. I will of course make a donation to SNA.
      Please see my listing of other records below. Save on shipping

Artist      Album                               Year      Cover Album    Label    Pressing     Notes                 Price
      Led Zeppelin    Led Zeppelin I    2014    EX+    EX+    Atlantic Records    8122796460    Europe    Trifold 3XLP Deluxe 180 Gram    $45.00
      Lit    A Place In The Sun (NEW)    2015    SS    SS    SRC Vinyl     SRC042    USA    NEW 2XLP Gatefold 180 Gram Etched Red Vinyl Limited 1000 copies    $30.00
      Mal Waldron    Left Alone    1986    EX-    EX-    Bethlehem    PAP23001    Japan    Insert    $19.00
      Metallica    Kill 'Em All    2016    SS    SS    Blackened Recordings     602547885289    EU     NEW Still Sealed    $40.00
      Oscar Peterson Trio    Way I Really Play    1979    VG+    EX-    MPS    ULS1573P    Japan        $19.00
      Paul McCartney    Pipes Of Peace    1983    EX-    EX-    EMI    EPS91071    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert  $30.00
      Queen    The Game    1980    VG+    EX-    Elektra    P10875E    Japan/Obi    Insert    $33.00
      Rod Stewart    Foolish Behaviour    1980    EX-    EX-    Warner    P10930W    Japan/Obi    Insert    $13.00
      Rolling Stones    Undercover    1983    EX    EX-    EMI Records    ESS91070    Japan w/OBI    Insert    $40.00
      Rolling Stones    Aftermath    1967    VG+    VG+    First Record     FL-S1297    Taiwan    Pirate Copy (Orange Vinyl) Rare    $60.00
      Rush    Exit Stage Left    1981    EX-    EX-    Epic    363P325    Japan/Obi    RED Obi GateFold Insert    $45.00
      Sting    57th & 9th    2016    SS    SS    A&M    B0025617-01    USA    NEW Still Sealed GateFold 180 Gram    $35.00
      Three Dog Night    Their Greatest Hits    1974    EX-    EX-    Probe    IPS80052    Japan/Obi    GateFold Insert    $19.00
      Tori Amos    Under The Pink        SS    SS    Music On Vinyl    MOVLP830    USA    NEW Still Sealed    $40.00
      Tori Amos    Abnormally Attracted To Sin    2009    SS    SS    Universal Republic Records    B0012906-01    USA    NEW Still Sealed 2XLP Gate Fold    $40.00
      Ventures    Early Sounds of The Ventures    1976    VG+    EX-    Liberty    LLS80512    Japan/Obi    GateFold Foxing inside and back cover    $25.00
      Yes    Close To The Edge    1976    EX-    EX-    Atlantic    P10116A    Japan/Obi    Insert    $35.00
      Beatles    With the Beatles    1984    EX-    EX-    Parlophone    PCS3045    UK        $20.00
      Beatles    A Hard Day's Night    1974    VG+    EX-    Apple    AP8147    Japan/Obi    Insert Foxing back cover    $40.00
      Beatles    A Hard Day's Night    1976    VG+    EX-    Apple    EAS80552    Japan/Obi    Insert    $30.00
      Beatles    Beatles For Sale    1971    EX-    EX-    Apple    AP8442    Japan/Obi    GateFold Insert    $35.00
      Beatles    Help!    1973    VG+    EX-    Apple    AP8151    Japan/Obi    GateFold No Inserts    $35.00
      Beatles    Yellow Submarine    1969    EX-    EX-    Apple    AP8610    Japan/Obi    Inserts    $40.00
      Beatles    A Collection Of Beatles Oldies    1976    EX-    EX-    Apple    EAS80557    Japan/Obi    On insert    $30.00
      Beatles    Ballads    1980    EX-    EX-    EMI    EAS91006    Japan/Obi    Insert    $30.00
      Beatles    The Very Best Of The Beatles' Rarest Number Five    1975    EX-    EX-    Private Press    A3149    USA    Bootleg Live Recordings    $45.00

• By chimchimster
      Item: 80's Japanese (mostly) Vinyl Records Used
      Reason for selling: Selling to help fund my son's first full length feature horror film (blood is expensive...)
      Extra Info: 80's Japanese Vinyl. Note: some of the albums pictured are no longer available. Only the ones on the list are.  If you need more info or pictures of a record, please let me know. I will combine shipping. I will of course make a donation to SNA.
      Please see my listing of part 1 from a couple of days ago. 
      Note: I have removed the records that have sold from the list. You may still see the photos, but only the ones in the list are available.

Artist                       Album                       Year                        Cover  Album            Price        Country        Notes
      Madonna    Madonna    1985    EX-    EX-    $32.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Men At Work    Cargo    1983    EX-    EX-    $19.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Michael Jackson    Thriller    1982    EX-    EX-    $35.00    Japan/Obi    GateFold Booklet Insert
      Neue Deutsche    Welle    1982    EX-    EX    $25.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Peter Gabriel    Peter Gabriel IV    1982    VG+    EX    $99.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert
      Peter Murphy    Should The World    1986    VG+    EX-    $30.00    Japan w/OBI    Gatefold Insert
      Peter Murphy    Love Hysteria    1988    EX-    EX-    $40.00    Japan w/OBI    Insert
      Phil Collins    No Jacket Required    1985    EX    EX-    $25.00    Japan/Obi    Shrink-wrap Insert
      Pseudo Echo    Love And Adventure    1987    EX-    EX    $35.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Inserts
      Roxy Music    Country Life    1975    EX-    EX-    $82.00    Japan/Obi    Inserts
      Selecter, The    Too Much Pressure    1999    EX-    EX-    $25.00    UK    Special Edition with studio and live recordings 
      Smithereens    Green Thoughts    1988    EX-    EX    $33.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert
      Spandau Ballet    Parade    1984    EX-    EX-    $23.00    Japan/Obi    GateFold Insert
      Split Enz    Waiata    1981    VG+    EX-    $35.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert
      Split Enz    Time And Tide    1982    EX-    EX-    $23.00    Japan/Obi    Promo No Inserts
      Stephen Duffy    The Ups and Downs    1985    EX-    EX-    $18.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Strawberry Switchblade    The 12" Album    1985    EX-    EX-    $25.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Thomas Dolby    The Golden Age Of Wireless        EX-    EX-    $18.00    Japan/Obi    Insert Obi is torn
      Tones On Tail    Pop    1984    EX-    EX-    $45.00    Japan w/OBI    Promo Insert
      Tones On Tail    Christian Says    1984    EX-    EX-    $20.00    UK    Blue Vinyl 12" Single
      Ultravox    Lament    1984    EX    EX-    $23.00    Japan w/OBI    Insert
      XTC    Murmmer    1983    EX-    EX-    $30.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Yazoo    Upstairs At Eric's    1982    VG+    EX-    $20.00    Japan (No Obi)   Insert

• By chimchimster
      Item: 80's Japanese (mostly) Vinyl Records Used
      Extra Info: 80's Japanese Vinyl.  If you need more info or pictures of a record, please let me know. I will combine shipping. I will of course make a donation to SNA.
      Note: I have removed the records that have sold from the list. You may still see the photos, but only the ones in the list are available.

Artist                       Album                       Year                        Cover  Album            Price        Country        Notes
      A Flock of Seagulls    A Flock of Seagulls    1982    VG+    EX-    $38.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      A Flock Of Seagulls    Listen    1983    EX    EX    $50.00    Japan w/OBI    Shrink Wrap Hype Sticker Insert
      Adam Ant    Hits    1986    VG+    EX-    $15.00    UK    1st
      Alison Moyet    Alf    1985    EX    EX    $23.00    Japan/Obi    Shrink-Wrap Insert
      Bauhaus    Press The Eject And Give Me The Tape    1986    EX-    EX-    $49.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Bauhaus    1979-1983    1985    EX-    EX-    $55.00    UK    2XLP GateFold Booklet Numbered
      Blondie    Auto America    1980    VG+    EX-    $35.00    Japan/Obi    Poster, Sticker, 7" Single Inserts Foxing on cover
      Boomtown Rats    Modo Bongo    1980    EX-    EX-    $18.00    Japan/Obi    Inserts
      Creatures (Siouxsie)    Feast    1983    EX-    EX-    $55.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Culture Club    Kissing To Be Clever    1982    EX-    EX-    $15.00    Japan/Obi    Inserts
      Culture Club    It's A Miracle    1984    EX    EX-    $25.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert Shrink-wrap
      Cure    Tops    1984    EX-    EX-    $89.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      David Bowie    Tonight    1984    EX-    EX-    $22.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Duran Duran    Tiger! Tiger!    1984    EX-    EX-    $20.00    Japan w/OBI    Promo Insert
      Duran Duran    Big Thing    1988    EX    EX-    $20.00    Japan w/OBI    Gatefold Inserts
      Duran Duran    Seven And The Ragged Tiger    1983    EX-    EX-    $30.00    Japan/Obi    Poster Insert
      Duran Duran    Nite Romantics    1981    EX-    EX-    $15.00    Japan    Japanese Only Insert
      Echo & The Bunnymen    Echo & The Bunnymen    1987    EX-    EX-    $49.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Bio Booklet Insert
      Fixx    Reach The Beach        EX-    EX-    $20.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Frankie Goes to Hollywood    Welcome To The Pleasure Dome  EP  1984    EX-    VG+    $22.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert
      Frankie Goes to Hollywood    Pleasure Dome    1984    EX-    EX-    $28.00    Japan/Obi    2XLP GateFold Insert
      Gary Numan    Warriors    1983    EX    EX    $45.00    Japan w/OBI    Insert
      Gary Numan    I, Assassin    1982    VG+    EX    $45.00    Japan w/OBI    Promo Insert
      Gary Numan    Dance    1981    VG+    EX    $70.00    Japan w/OBI    Promo Insert
      Gary Numan    Hammersmith 84    2008    EX    EX-    $50.00    UK    1st Number 42 of 200 made
      Heaven 17    Penthouse And Pavement    1981    EX-    EX-    $35.00    Japan/Obi    Inserts
      Howard Jones    12"Ers Vol. 2    1985    EX-    EX-    $8.00    Japan    Promo Insert
      Hulk Hogan    Itch Ban    1983    EX    EX    $75.00    Japan w/OBI    Picture Disc Japan Only
      Human League    Reproduction    1980    VG    EX-    $38.00    Japan/Obi    Insert
      Japan    Nightporter    1982    EX-    EX-    $39.00    Japan/Obi    Promo Insert
      John Foxx    In Mysterious Ways        EX-    EX-    $25.00    Japan    Promo Insert
      Love And Rockets    Seventh Dream Of Teenage Heaven    1986    EX    VG+    $39.00    Japan/Obi    Promo label vinyl slight warp no insert
      Madness    7    1982    EX-    EX    $25.00    Japan/Obi    Inserts