• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Neil Young - Young Shakespeare. 33rpm 1LP Box Set on Reprise Records - DVD of the concert and a CD included. Live concert recorded in January 1971 at the Shakespeare Theatre in Connecticut and it is a solo acoustic effort that I can highly recommend to any Neil Young tragic like myself, because it's an exceptionally good recording and pressing and a must have for your Neil Young collection.:thumb: 

Neil Young - Young Shakespeare.JPG

• Like 6
On 12/04/2021 at 9:35 PM, hlov said:

Let’s open an online petition for AP or MoFi to make a 45 RPM version of this gem. Listening to my first US pressing 

D1E65C55-9858-41FA-9523-3CD777540CB8.jpeg

MOFI are releasing a 45rpm version later this year (not a one-step).  The SACD has just been released of it.

Also, there is a 35th anniversary 45rpm edition, which sounds fantastic.

PARSONS, ALAN PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY (35TH ANNIVERSARY BOXSET) | Amazon.com.au | Music

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky (2017, 35th Anniversary Edition, Box Set) | Discogs

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

MOFI are releasing a 45rpm version later this year (not a one-step).  The SACD has just been released of it.

PARSONS, ALAN PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY (35TH ANNIVERSARY BOXSET) | Amazon.com.au | Music

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky (2017, 35th Anniversary Edition, Box Set) | Discogs

1.jpg

2.jpg

Nice to see your posts again. Thanks for the heads up, Greg’s copy which I believe is an speakers corner sounds great as well. Will wait for the MoFi

• Like 2

Hi All,

Finishing the music day before some TV, Holland and Eno : Drums Between The Bells

198280493_EnoHolland.jpg.56251ea351b1f41db716dfa784b968c8.jpg

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, hlov said:

Nice to see your posts again. Thanks for the heads up, Greg’s copy which I believe is an speakers corner sounds great as well. Will wait for the MoFi

I'm getting the mofi, but the 35th boxset is very very good.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm so buying it!! ?

I Robot on 45 is incredible,  much better than my old MOFI 33 original Master, so hoping the same with this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, evil c said:

I'm so buying it!! ?

I Robot on 45 is incredible,  much better than my old MOFI 33 original Master, so hoping the same with this.

Here is the list

Screenshot_20201231-125851_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@scuzzii you are such a dangerous man to know,  when alcohol or choice exxy vinyl is concerned!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Here is the list

Screenshot_20201231-125851_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh boy, The double album Clapton unplugged sounds unreal, really keen to hear the ultra disc, John are you getting that?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hlov said:

Oh boy, The double album Clapton unplugged sounds unreal, really keen to hear the ultra disc, John are you getting that?

its on my list mate, suspect it will be popular though so here's hoping.

• Like 1

Hi All,

To start the day, Eno My Squelchy Life

397888611_EnoMySquelchyLife.jpg.6e10f7e4fac1e0dccc6679fb7791269f.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

The Alan Parsons Project, Eye In The Sky 35th Anniversary release, 45 RPM, remastered at Abbey Road Studios, Pressed at GZ Media

481720188_AlanParsonsProjectEyeinTheSky35thAnniversary.jpg.73c0db969c6ba1d0390ef3a49a5b0f3b.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, evil c said:

@scuzzii you are such a dangerous man to know,  when alcohol or choice exxy vinyl is concerned!! ?

sorry, had to wait for someone else to reply or 20mins...

"..........  Danger is my middle name, yeah.... "

danger-is-my-middle-name.jpg

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

sorry, had to wait for someone else to reply or 20mins...

"..........  Danger is my middle name, yeah.... "

danger-is-my-middle-name.jpg

giphy.gif.7577681b480d63e46219f4bba4fc499f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Alan Parsons Project, Eye In The Sky 35th Anniversary release, remastered at Abbey Road Studios, Pressed at GZ Media

481720188_AlanParsonsProjectEyeinTheSky35thAnniversary.jpg.73c0db969c6ba1d0390ef3a49a5b0f3b.jpg

that's the one..

Hi All,

The weird , wacky and prolific  King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Gumboot Soup

1758318503_GumbootSoupKingGizzardandTheLizardWizard.jpg.7177134a3443cbb30a1ce01d067b30e2.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Another King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard with Willoughby Beach

1891797971_KingGizzardandTheLizardWizardWilloughbyBeach.jpg.9f72ea69256a8bcc8c707f9e90ce2954.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

The Moody Blues second album and first themed album, Days Of Future Passed

1825081951_MoodyBluesDaysOfFuturePassed.jpg.5224bd2fa1fe4a7e1402bb19b4500622.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Iron and Wine, The Shepherd's Dog

1310918517_IronandWineTheShepherdsDog.jpg.7158c9160960cf314185925312d3fb76.jpg

• Like 5

OK a bit quirky but I like a few tunes from the 80s space synth era.

Koto - Dragon's Legend.  German pressing.  Some old school gamers may understand me when I say Dragon's Lair inspired this song.

Oh and album art captures the era perfectly :)

IMG_7123.thumb.JPG.50ad5a20ff3da9b2a03085f1e69e7ea5.JPG

• Like 3

Who needs to travel when you have Russian Classic Songs in Chinese nicely recorded and Saigon Rock &Soul to end the evening........ 

179703C9-3ADD-4306-A937-66C8CB9B3987.thumb.jpeg.56bcdb86908cc187ef2c60d99c975061.jpeg

40E2BE46-53A0-493C-AFD0-566697ECA8C6.thumb.jpeg.ccfcc5c00560daf2d435b604a5d6c939.jpeg

• Like 4

PXL_20210416_230837340.thumb.jpg.fc17395bc1b6c067e32a8d01d913e691.jpg

Emma Donovan & The Putbacks - Dawn (2014)

Australian soul on Melbourne's Hope Street Records. Indigenous singer-songwriter backed by a tight r&b unit. 

• Like 3
On 15/04/2021 at 12:42 PM, Doppelganger said:

I do, Hector. Fabulous album and Tone Poet quality is exceptional.

Love the look of the SF speakers!?

Thanks mate, I just found that my upcoming copy of Hancock my point of view is a Tone Poet as well, do you have that as well?

• Like 1

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Way Down In The Rust Bucket. 4LP 33rpm Box Set on Reprise Records. A must have if you're a fan of Neil Young & Crazy Horse.:thumb:

Neil Young & CrazyHorse - Way Down In The Rust Bucket.JPG

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, hlov said:

Thanks mate, I just found that my upcoming copy of Hancock my point of view is a Tone Poet as well, do you have that as well?

I do and it’s superb!

• Like 2

Grace Jones - Nightclubbing

Bought it filthy and scratched, plays well though which is good because the music is surprisingly sparse so any excessive surface noise really detracts from a careful listen.  Who else could cover Bill Withers, Iggy Pop and Sting on the same record?

Even after 40 years it looks and sounds dangerous to own.  

20210417_101422.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Jackson Browne - Lawyers in Love

Turned out the USSR *did* open as vacation land for lawyers in love.  Great return to form for Mr Browne after the terrible "Hold Out".  Archly cynical and attuned to the weird politics of the period.

20210417_114822.jpg

• Like 5

Hi All,

Uncle Tupelo, No Depression - Demos

2103517012_UncleTupeloNoDepression-Demos.jpg.2eac7eb2472b4915cc27ed34d0d378ce.jpg

• Like 4