2 hours ago, wadiman said:

Have you compared this to any 33rpm versions per-chance?  Very interested in getting a copy but not sure which one to go for.

No.  I haven't compared.  I bought the 45 over the 33 as the 33 runs for around 24 minutes.

The reports on discogs are positive for the 33 on discogs thou.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky. 45rpm 2LP 35th Anniversary Edition on Arista. Very good SQ on this album and would be the best I've heard this sound. thanks John @scuzzii  

Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up To Love.  33rpm on Analgoue Productions label. One of my favourite blues albums and it has a couple of go to tracks that are great to demo. Had a listen to this at John's place @scuzzii and Greg's place @Doppelganger yesterday and just had to give it another spin today.:thumb:

Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up To Love March 2021.JPG

Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up To Love March 2021. back coverJPG.JPG

• Like 6

Hi All,

A recent arrival that is having a regular spin, Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters

773454389_FionaAppleFetchTheBoltCutters.jpg.3420c062f8380ef4fddc78d77a48c5a2.jpg

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, metal beat said:

No.  I haven't compared.  I bought the 45 over the 33 as the 33 runs for around 24 minutes.

The reports on discogs are positive for the 33 on discogs thou.

Thanks MB!

Hi All,

Goanna, Spirit of Place

954915360_Goanna-SpiritofPlace.jpg.f84e978f6408a6902afb2763e57ef208.jpg

• Like 11

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky. 45rpm 2LP 35th Anniversary Edition on Arista. Very good SQ on this album and would be the best I've heard this sound. thanks John @scuzzii:thumb:

Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky.JPG

Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky. back coverJPG.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 14

Hi All,

Hawkwind, Seventy Nine - Live

908040272_HawkwindSeventyNine.jpg.09eeff88919d00b410a103ee5aa52004.jpgHi 

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4

I have been installing a new bed and wanted to listen to a nice album after the ordeal 

This album is from 2 former YES members from different periods 

An album where less is more or nowhere to hide 

Only two analog instruments are used - Piano & Drums and in my opinion it’s one of the finest examples of free jazz / Prog jazz I have had the pleasure to hear 

Do yourself a favour and have a listen 

Artist -  Moraz - Bruford

Title - Music For Piano And Drums

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Moraz-Bruford-Music-For-Piano-And-Drums/release/1225740

2-D6-E56-C1-22-FC-436-C-A604-6-EE5-D3929

• Like 6

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York

116610757_NirvanaUnpluggedInNewYork.jpg.177d742acb74d3e86e6a3a2860f69993.jpg

• Like 8

Rufus Du Sol - Solace.

SQ is impressive.  Side B noisier than I'd like but still very enjoyable.  What a great album @metal beat thanks for your recommendation :)  This album does remind me a little of Cut Copy - Freeze Melt if you haven't hear it already please stream it, you may enjoy.

Please people the lid is on for a reason - I'm roasting coffee tonight.

IMG_7066.thumb.JPG.8420b99dd2c357c59437b61535669bd2.JPG

• Like 8

Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates. 

Played a little earlier...had forgotten how impactful the drums were on "We Belong Together" and electric bass on "Woody and Dutch on the Slow Train to Peking"

IMG_6606.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All,

A favourite that gets a regular spin, Rising Sand by Robert Plant and  Alison Krauss

1676675487_RisingSandPlantandKrauss.jpg.69f1c61e514da369a5497aa7bc3a1503.jpg

• Like 7

Hi All,

Still with Robert Plant and Carry Fire

204851766_RobertPlantCarryFire.jpg.c1d6b4b6e39a56389d3d95a9767c2574.jpg

• Like 6

Hi All,

Bowie, Live In Japan 1990

1994642553_BowieLiveInJapan1990.jpg.490af0b711a36cf72fc82c14f4866cc3.jpg

• Like 5

Australian Crawl - Semantics EP

"Reckless" didn't seem to turn up on the albums but it seemed like the old Aussie crawl records looked lonely without it.  Just for fun we watched "Return to Eden" on Amazon over the weekend, good lord old James Reyne might have been teen idol turned darkhorse musical icon but he was no actor.  I think we laughed/cringed more at "Return to Eden" remembering what a big deal it was back in the 1980s.  In retrospect it's a terrible, kind of subpar version of a Jackie Collins novel gone bush .  "Reckless" is however timeless.

Berlin - Love Life

Not really sure how I ended up with this.  I had the cassette as a teenager and was somewhat surprised that the album was not available on Youtube music (at least, not properly).  One of the discogs vendors just happened to have it when I was buying something else and it was cheap so I figured why not.  It's...probably nostalgia talking but it's better than I recall.  Must have been just prior to the "Take my breath away" smash.  Very dated, almost deliberately quirky electro-pop with a couple of bangers, at least one Bond theme pastiche and a lot of "new wave by numbers and haircuts" that the US market seemed to churn out in droves after the early 1980s british invasion.  Still, the nostalgia counts for something.

20210329_134801.jpg

20210323_095226.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All,

The Bamboos Fever, In The Road

615044240_BamboosFeverInTheRoad.jpg.5d3c85732f06d568bfb0a05e13196de9.jpg

• Like 6

Last night after a movie, I was keyed for more sound so I remained in the 'sweet spot' for what ended up being a few LP's.....and a rather cerebral sonic journey. 

Started with Hawkwinds's "Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music" Oz 1st pressing. Not the greatest recording but very adequate and the music is amazing. I can understand Hawkwind fans reluctance to readily embrace this album following their brilliant "Warriors On The Edge Of Time" but there is some great music here.....it's a real trip!

R-533384-1371295827-5771.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=492&quality=90&width=500&signature=4zpBYGQ1foZ2ooX0BYR%2FjvVXxZZ8wgcD%2BRh5TxUgIOM%3D

Next up was Amom Duul 2's "Vive La Trance" Oz 1st pressing. A far superior recording to the previous HW album and another brilliant sonic trip. Really good album this one. I must get Amon Duul 2's 'Wolf City'.....another Krautrock highlight.

R-1309515-1406227319-7759.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=588&quality=90&width=600&signature=ZWQl%2FXUEzzWcdllVI5J%2FoZlF0Op%2FO2fnDeQdTMSb8jw%3D

Wanted to finish with a known SQ winner so I popped on Sting's "Nothing But The Sun" German 1st pressing. Sublime sound, great music.....nice way to end an enjoyable session. 

R-446305-1343610063-6233.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=600&quality=90&width=600&signature=E3bkcCi0lKCe%2FE5i5wq3Rux3g0lXfh3mBfNDRMoGCWs%3D

• Like 6

David Bowie Outside.        I’m sure only a hand full of members know this LP? 

7D9BD07C-9300-44E7-A415-1A04DE9A7100.thumb.jpeg.1abe233035722c694b66efbf0a6290e0.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Stump said:

7D9BD07C-9300-44E7-A415-1A04DE9A7100.thumb.jpeg.1abe233035722c694b66efbf0a6290e0.jpeg

Wonderful album Stump.  I must be part of the handful - LOL

I have the original 1995 Euro pressing.  Heart's Filthy Message is one of Bowie's best songs ever!!

What is the coloured vinyl reissue like?

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

Lana Del Rey ‎– Chemtrails Over The Country Club - brand new Lana album - such a beautiful album, excellent recording however the MPO pressing is just OK.

LYPUzCq.jpg

• Like 6

Janelle Monáe ‎– Dirty Computer - Euro Optimal pressing cut @ 45rpm.  I have seen this recommended here a few times so finally picked it up.  wonderful album, sound and pressing.  

qlJSQ6B.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi All,

A City Safe From Sea,  Throw Me Through Walls. Boston post rock band, edgy and dark.

2032399109_ACitySafeFromSeaThrowMeThroughWalls.jpg.ecbdc4a016700d994646f6de237e06a9.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Nick Cave, Idiot Prayer, Solo on piano, as Nick says, ' deconstruction of song with the Bad Seeds, to a basic form'

548489496_NickCaveIdiotPrayer.jpg.e0391f82d1519c6bc0a6399f6ca37268.jpg

• Like 3
14 hours ago, metal beat said:

Wonderful album Stump.  I must be part of the handful - LOL

I have the original 1995 Euro pressing.  Heart's Filthy Message is one of Bowie's best songs ever!!

What is the coloured vinyl reissue like?

I will have to give the 1995 Euro pressing another spin.The coloured double is very quiet dynamic pressing good quality..

• Like 3

Hi All,

17 hours ago, Stump said:

You're right, who's David Bowie ??? :winky: :winky:

Moving on from the songs of death and religion of Nick Cave to some brighter music with Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Welcome To The Pleasuredome

1860770558_FGTHWelcomeToThePleasuredome.jpg.0271c1b421d26e24bce601ac2ac6537f.jpg

• Like 5

Had another 'sweet spot' session last night.....started with SQ champ "The Nightfly" German 1st pressing. Brilliant as usual but for the first time listening to it so critically, I could tell it was a digital recording. It's clinical.....but the music is so smooth it lulls you into thinking it's actually a warm presentation. Still love it.

R-1178973-1476702708-6122.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=595&quality=90&width=599&signature=eWdroFTz%2BjwweSO9vw%2Fegct6gOxF7zvj%2F1Q68yG5NaU%3D

Followed with the Ozark Mountain Daredevils "It'll Shine When It Shines" UK 1st pressing. Lovely.....

R-2297434-1275213706.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=598&quality=90&width=600&signature=EYZhEurNN%2B5oB3TOTmu%2FBuum6SzlcZXbICxTIflZrK4%3D

Finished with Kansas "The Absence Of Presence" on (and at risk of tainting this thread:P) CD. Will soon have this album on vinyl, it's on it's way now! Really great album this one.?

R-15545307-1593363652-8103.jpeg?bucket=discogs-images&fit=contain&format=auto&height=500&quality=90&width=500&signature=OwaOSHu1hXtG3W2xWj7KeOOFUR%2Fdwne5jEu4NOaQigU%3D

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Promises - self titled.

For some bizarre reason "Baby It's You" reminds of the bumper cars at the Canberra Show.  I have no idea why.  I do remember the video pretty vividly though:

20210330_111202.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Promises - self titled.

For some bizarre reason "Baby It's You" reminds of the bumper cars at the Canberra Show.  I have no idea why.  I do remember the video pretty vividly though:

20210330_111202.jpg

The three on the cover are siblings.....all from the same genetically blessed family.  Wow!

• Like 1

Hi All,

Have played a couple of Edgar Froese Albums, Aqua and Epsilon In Malaysian Pale

1925581446_AquaEdgarFroese.jpg.ce9fdc51e671b3b0d0e7059f833c003b.jpg

305251175_EpsilonInMalaysianPaleEdgarFroese.jpg.9b37754b3a584fdf1a12aaa5e39bfd92.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Alpha Centuri, Tangerine Dream

1702799975_AlphaCenturiTangerineDream.jpg.6cd74df0ec348b6486b0ae4860ca4d07.jpg

• Like 4