• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

I'm just comfortably numb!

Iron Maiden: Killers ((Original Australian Pressing 1981)

So, I've been trying something to remedy the outgassing damage done to this original pressing... trust me, you'd probably be horrified but, it's playable with only a moderate amount of hiss in the really quiet spots (not many of them thankfully) & between tracks... I'd say it's now tolerable... just

20210306_175632.jpg

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, MarkT said:

Ted Nugent.

Double live Gonzo.

UK first pressing 1978.

20210306_162724.jpg

Nice, it’s one of my favourite albums, and unfortunately my original is the only album I have accidentally damaged, dropped it while cleaning. I’ve replaced it with a reissue, I’d love to see a remaster.

• Like 3

I would like to present a truely beautiful album with mixed genres and influences that just work harmoniously 

A truely beautiful and enjoyable musical evening

Artist - Jan Akkerman & Claus Ogerman ‎

Title - Aranjuez

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jan-Akkerman-Claus-Ogerman-Aranjuez/release/6241383

6701106-A-4-F5-C-43-C0-A70-F-4-DB4-FF13-

• Like 5

Teskey Brothers - Half Mile Harvest

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

Edited by 2Brix
tidier photo
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, MarkT said:

Nirvana.

Nevermind.

Mofi 200g reissue.

20210306_142832.jpg

I have that and its very good.  I prefer my original US pressing.  That has balls. YMMV

I should probably get off my arrse and sell it.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 5:11 PM, metal beat said:

Edited by MarkT
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Eddie Jobson - Zinc

1197556524_EddieJobson-Zinc.jpg.d16749360f023e0db956143863e53f15.jpg

• Like 5
On 04/03/2021 at 12:06 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Tom Petty, Wildflowers and All The Rest

1004163638_TomPettyWildflowersandAllTheRest.jpg.9a9024e9047742db6a223ec6b84a9017.jpg

Is this 3 lp set and how does it sound? Thinking of getting a copy?

• Like 1

Hi All,

The Decemberists ‎– Picaresque

1420309519_TheDecemberistsPicaresque.jpg.c12d36422438acb3321a79cee4b1a7c6.jpg

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Guzzista said:

Found this 33 year old extra mint condition UK pressing recently. I will never play the CD again!!!😎

Better than NEW??xD

• Like 1

Last night I hit the sweet spot again for some late night listening.

Started with Simple Minds "New Gold Dream 81, 82, 83, 84" Oz 1st pressing. First time I've sat dead centre and listened to this on my current system and all I can say is wow! Not sure why I ever doubted Australian pressings because some are absolutely outstanding.....this included. The band were really honing their sound on this release and what a blast it is!

R-79838-1437684535-2464.jpeg.jpg

Followed up with Simple Minds "Once Upon A Time" Canadian 1st pressing.....this was equally impressive. Mel Gaynor's drumming definitely shines here but the whole band is on fire......and it's a really great mix and pressing.

R-181737-1173309386.jpeg.jpg

Finished with Simple Minds earlier work "Sons And Fascination" Oz 1st pressing. Slightly chaotic at times but still a worthy inclusion in the Simple Minds sonic arsenal. There are some great moments on this and again, SQ and pressing are impressive. 

R-38871-1414080118-8877.jpeg.jpg

It was indeed a rewarding listening experience.👌:heart:

• Like 7

Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream (2012).  180gm 2-disc gatefold.  Good value at the regular $40 and a bargain for a mere lobster which i picked it up for during the week.  On this second listen i'm really enjoying her bluesy country rock delivery with a touch of gravel including covers of Gerry Rafferty and Bob D.  Album review linky here https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/slipstream-199476/

Btw the store (Tokyo Underground) on Hay Street in the Perth CBD is running out its vinyl at 50% which is by now pretty well picked over but they still had 4 more copies of this album so if any local peeps were interested give 'em a call.

Cheers

Ticc

IMG_6365.jpg

• Like 6

Hi All,

The Decemberists ‎– Crane Wife

1895843134_TheDecemberistsCraneWife.jpg.697dea7859e94a81547522d58da4e63f.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Bowie, Welcome To The Blackout

1526363087_BowieWelcomeToTheBlackout.jpg.3f87f0331730829023fff2ec6e440792.jpg

• Like 2

Ideal record for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Nothing notable in the songs themselves but beautifully sung and truly excellent pressing

Diana Krall, This Dream of You

F3D8B59F-7365-4290-AC2E-3FB64AECBED7.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi All,

King Crimson, Red

1162263507_KingCrimsonRed.jpg.589923bd34fe4c353bed697a7ff4f9c0.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6

A lazy Sunday afternoon.

The bbq is cooking brisket, Elaine and I are playing a few games of pool and enjoying some Aussie Crawl.20210307_160259.thumb.jpg.89f47a195597cee920fe4e0af4f7599e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, 2Brix said:

I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the recording engineer or the pressing!? (myself "very ordinary, guessing recording quality!)

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

Hi All,

Alaskan Tapes, In Distance We're Losing

27898210_AlaskanInDistance.jpg.a3c9382c8aa9ec708d4f82c7919cd9a8.jpg

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Guzzista said:

I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the recording engineer or the pressing!? (myself "very ordinary, guessing recording quality!)

@Guzzista i wasn't sitting down to critically listen at the time, but i recall thinking that the pressing is OK but recording SQ perhaps 'middle of the road'.  Personally i find Josh T's voice or delivery gets a bit too plaintiff/strident on a couple of tracks but overall i enjoy the album.

Cheers

Ticc 

• Like 2

Hi All,

Like @Full Range will have a listen to King Crimson, In The Court Of The Crimson King, 2019 Remix by Steven Wilson and David Singleton

https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/14338110

1478920382_KingCrimsonITCOTCK.jpg.50a189be5393a713bb93820da3fe735a.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, 2Brix said:

@Guzzista i wasn't sitting down to critically listen at the time, but i recall thinking that the pressing is OK but recording SQ perhaps 'middle of the road'.  Personally i find Josh T's voice or delivery gets a bit too plaintiff/strident on a couple of tracks but overall i enjoy the album.

Cheers

Ticc 

I brought the Black Vinyl copy and found it noisy and not so great so returned it, then looked for the Orange copy (which you can still pick up from time to time) and found it way better. Also has the extra tracks on it.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Teskey-Brothers-Half-Mile-Harvest/release/12853716

I picked my copy up from Amazon US last year. 👍

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Like @Full Range will have a listen to King Crimson, In The Court Of The Crimson King, 2019 Remix by Steven Wilson and David Singleton

What did you think of the remix 

Just want to compare with my mini review