Hi All,

Public Service Broadcasting - Inform Educate Entertain

253465615_PublicServiceBroadcasting-InformEducateEntertain.jpg.ee7f8bb552fcea802c6119269d7eaa36.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Picked up this mint 1988 UK pressing recently...... I will never play the CD version again!

Slider Box Demon V Japanese Pressing

Japanese Pressing came out more warm analog sounding.Demon more detailed closer to CD quality.For me given the 2 pressings they both came out 10/10 for enjoyment...😎

01B8E147-DF90-49AF-8749-0B66F438D79A.thumb.jpeg.1a7f6745341fd64db23714a7450a9c7d.jpeg

Edited by Stump
  • Like 7

Hi All,

Russell Morris, Van Dieman's Land

1260195422_RussellMorrisVanDiemansLand.jpg.b3ab76a5e01167ada78d482c6d070e22.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Australian Crawl - Sirocco. 33rpm on EMI. Just listening to a couple of copies I have of this album and so far, sounding great.:thumb:

Australian Crawl - Sirocco.JPG

Australian Crawl - Sirocco back cover.JPG

Whenever I listen to Guy McDonough sings Oh No Not You Again, always think that he was something of a larrikin.   

• Like 3

Herbie Hancock Round midnight OST, fantastic album

1F2680C2-EE1F-4419-AF9F-40EA4ACBE8F6.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,

Yes, Fragile.

51320788_FragileYes.jpg.f3d710ef98680e035c146a0d49d7eb79.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Digging into some black stuff...long time...

Like most of the music that gives us memories, it’s from our past...

Sure it doesn’t compete with full blown TT advocates....but sounds sweet 😎

FC72E972-4AAE-4EBA-911D-15500BB1DDD3.jpeg

• Like 5

I have just updated the Firmware on the Puffin and just playing a recent record addition to the collection 

A very good recording that in my opinion can be used as a test record 

Had a great time listening to this album 

Artist - Enoch Light And The Light Brigade ‎

Title - Provocative Percussion

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Enoch-Light-And-The-Light-Brigade-Provocative-Percussion/release/11115271

17826-CE9-FD75-4-CE0-A58-D-79-CADE30-D44

• Like 4

Hi All,

Jethro Tull, Aqualung

1273342861_JethroTullAqualung.jpg.202440d108dd3a08e8d384c701073040.jpg

• Like 8

I put all my Sade albums  for sale when I bought the Box set. A person that was doing some work in my flat shows interest and asked me to play it. I’m so glad that he didn’t take it. It sounds so good.

The Best of Sade MOV first pressing

1DCDC1B1-1CD2-4316-B96F-6B21F86CA059.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hi All,

Olafur Arnalds - Eulogy For Evolution

1562907284_OlafurArnalds-EulogyForEvolution.jpg.27434de64c90711f6a679cfe006a8678.jpg

• Like 3

Howe Gelb - Future Standards. 33rpm on Fire Records. Very laid-back album and probably better suited to a late evening with a good single malt.:thumb:

Howe Gelb - Future Standards.JPG

• Like 4

Looking forward for the one step MoFi of this gem. In the meantime spinning my first British pressing that sounds unreal 

21462CA7-82C9-47D2-BF3F-DFFC652B753F.jpeg

D034F882-75AA-4DB4-BFBD-B9D9B88C6EA6.jpeg

• Like 7

392DDDCB-20DD-44F6-B3A9-CA78DA25B287.thumb.jpeg.c9c3f5176cd2332b3c3adc205e72c883.jpeg

Wilco

Being There

2009 US Reissue on Nonesuch 

This reissue sounds simply stunning! Cut by BG & pressed bt Pallas.

There’s also a later reissue which was cut by CB and pressed by RTI (US) & Optimal (EU). I wonder if these reissues sound as good?

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 6

Future Islands - As Long As You Are. 33rpm on 4AD label. Just a very good album and one of my favourites currently.:thumb:

Future Island - As Long As You Are.JPG

• Like 7

Hi All,

Neil Young, Home Grown

804864207_NeilYoungHomeGrown.jpg.b8c21ed290f683bff0c3cc7e3fef406e.jpg

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Mr 57 said:

Digging into some black stuff...long time...

Like most of the music that gives us memories, it’s from our past...

Sure it doesn’t compete with full blown TT advocates....but sounds sweet 😎

FC72E972-4AAE-4EBA-911D-15500BB1DDD3.jpeg

Hi Jeff, I take it there are no issues with the proximity of the pick-up to those amplifiers?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Hi Jeff, I take it there are no issues with the proximity of the pick-up to those amplifiers?

Cheers,

Keith

Hey mate, 

rolling along very nicely.

Not heard anything that shouldn’t be there 😀 I think 🤔 

• Like 2

Currently spinning a new purchase (I have the very good but not excellent SACD so this had to be done!).....Pink Floyd "DSOTM" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing (Record Industry).

So far it sounds very good indeed, fairly quiet pressing, SQ nicely balanced, great bass, pretty good everything really! 👌

R-12214436-1613202435-6827.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Currently spinning a new purchase (I have the very good but not excellent SACD so this had to be done!).....Pink Floyd "DSOTM" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing (Record Industry).

So far it sounds very good indeed, fairly quiet pressing, SQ nicely balanced, great bass, pretty good everything really! 👌

R-12214436-1613202435-6827.jpeg.jpg

Steve

Do you have any older UK analog releases ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Steve

Do you have any older UK analog releases ?

Of this.....unfortunately no.....which is why this had to be done.:P 

I do have a UK 1st pressing of Atom Heart Mother I scored off my brother, which sounds excellent despite being a little worse for wear.....so will one day get a new copy (or good used one) of this. I take it you're heartily recommending the early UK pressings? Probably a silly question....:)

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Of this.....unfortunately no.....which is why this had to be done.:P 

I do have a UK 1st pressing of Atom Heart Mother I scored off my brother, which sounds excellent despite being a little worse for wear.....so will one day get a new copy (or good used one) of this. I take it you're heartily recommending the early UK pressings? Probably a silly question....:)

Very much so. Even the 80's UK pressings of Floyd are superb. 

The 2016 digital reissues are about as good as digital gets thou.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Very much so. Even the 80's UK pressings of Floyd are superb. 

The 2016 digital reissues are about as good as digital gets thou.

I'm confused about the 'digital' bit.....if they're as claimed, remastered from the original analogue tapes?

Edited by stevoz
35 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I'm confused about the 'digital' bit.....if they're as claimed, remastered from the original analogue tapes?

typical fine print BS

We can confirm that these vinyl reissues do use brand new remasters from the original analogue tapes, but they are not cut directly from analogue. The vinyl reissues are created from the digital file of the new remaster.

BG had to use digital files to create the vinyl remasters.

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/pink-floyd-vinyl-mastering-confirmed/

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Mono  ‎– Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined - 2004

2012 reissue - 100% analog :)

VddGUKc.jpg

• Like 5

Skyhooks - Living in the 70's

Vale Michael Gudinski😪

IMG20210302194102.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

Skyhooks - Living in the 70's

Vale Michael Gudinski😪

IMG20210302194102.jpg

I know I purchased this album back when it was released 

But it’s missing from the collection and I can’t remember if I lent it out and never came back 

Actually that happened to a few of my albums 

Spent much of the day putting our collection of much neglected 7" singles through the US cleaner...

They've all come up very well considering their age & decades of filth & mistreatment.

Interesting listening...

Kate Bush, Duran Duran, Gilbert O' Sullivan, Irene Cara, Genghis Kahn, Pseudo Echo, Abba, Incantations & many, many other both well known & obscure artists & songs

The absolute gem of the collection... my wife in her year 1 choir some 50yrs ago... can't wait to play that to the MIL later this month...🤣

20210302_204539.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Full Range said:

I know I purchased this album back when it was released 

But it’s missing from the collection and I can’t remember if I lent it out and never came back 

Actually that happened to a few of my albums 

SNAP! That same thing has happened to me a number of times - including this very album. I'm 99% certain I owned them, but nowhere to be seen!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Slayer - Diabolus in Musica

BEF1914F-4AC5-44C1-84CB-045590FF4C11.thumb.jpeg.239911add844e60de88478927194a894.jpeg

YEE HAA!! The Beast emerges complete!! What a magnificent turntable you now have Dave. "The Resurrection" plaque looks fantastic! A great credit to you mate and one of the truly most impressive turntables on this site. This image complete with pink vinyl would make a wonderful member avatar IMO. Congratulations. (wipes tears from eyes)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

YEE HAA!! The Beast emerges complete!! What a magnificent turntable you now have Dave. "The Resurrection" plaque looks fantastic! A great credit to you mate and one of the truly most impressive turntables on this site. This image complete with pink vinyl would make a wonderful member avatar IMO. Congratulations. (wipes tears from eyes)

It does look pretty good mate, thanks for all your help. 👍

I had @Yamaha_man around for a very brief listen to the TNT yesterday, he thought it was sounding ok, maybe I’m being a little fussy about the noises I’m getting. 😁

Ahem, that’s limited edition “blood red “ vinyl not pink. 🤣🤣🤘🤘

• Like 1