• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

In the mood for some classy jazz courtesy of the Duke. Fabulous sonics of this Impex edition.

1614503899874686614734481672244.jpg

• Like 6

Johnny Diesel and the Injectors 😎

reissue with 2LPs running at 45rpm

FullSizeRender.jpeg

lazy link added for Since I Fell for You, sounds outstanding 👍

Edited by 2Brix
lazy link added for any peeps interested..
  • Like 5

Been cleaning vinyl tonight... this one just went through the US....

One of my wife's... ah the 80's.....

1980 The Music (Compilation)

US cleaned the LP beautifully... didn't do much for the music though....LOL

20210301_000201.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Went on a road trip this week for work, did manage to find a bit of second hand vinyl in odd places but also came home to some that I ordered from discogs.  here's a sample of this mornings listening.

David Bowie - Let's Dance.  Despite the ubiquity of the songs from side 1 I still love it after all these years.  Originally owned the cassette now have a lovely original Aus pressing and it is fantastic.

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl.  In perfect nick and sounding great.

Mental as Anything - Cats and Dogs.  My favourite of their albums and the cover is brilliant.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.  Might the the 3rd of 4th pressing and the cover is a bit stained.

Donnie Iris - Back on the Streets.  Ah! Leah!

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out.  Just fantastic and in lovely condition.

Graham Bonnet:  His cover of "It's all over now baby blue" is rockin!  Rest of the album is a bit...terrible but no matter.

Still to play a pile of other stuff (Al Stewart, the Seekers) but not a lot of work getting done this morning!

20210301_115648.jpg

20210301_115523.jpg

20210301_115528.jpg

20210301_115553.jpg

20210301_115627.jpg

20210301_115637.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Australian Crawl - Semantics. 45rpm on EMI. Approaching 40 years old and is dead quiet and sounds bloody fantastic.:thumb:

Australian Crawl - Semantics.JPG

Australian Crawl - Semantics back cover.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Australian Crawl - Semantics. 45rpm on EMI. Approaching 40 years old and is dead quiet and sounds bloody fantastic.:thumb:

Got snaked for a copy of this in a record store in Newcastle over the weekend.  Still kicking myself because I need it to round out the first three albums properly 😆

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Got snaked for a copy of this in a record store in Newcastle over the weekend.  Still kicking myself because I need it to round out the first three albums properly 😆

I've only got the one copy of Semantics, but it is pristine and sounds great too. I have a couple of copies of Sirocco and single copies of The Boys Light Up and Sons Of Beaches, which all came before Semantics.

Are you a Newcastle lad Dave?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

Jimmy Barnes - For The Working Class Man. 2LP 33rpm on Mushroom label. Sticking with the oz rock and sounding great too.:thumb:

Jimmy Barnes For The Working Class Man.JPG

Jimmy Barnes For The Working Class Man back cover.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I've only got the one copy of Semantics, but it is pristine and sounds great too. I have a couple of copies of Sirocco and single copies of The Boys Light Up and Sons Of Beaches, which all came before Semantics.

Are you a Newcastle lad Dave?

Cheers,

Keith

No - my daughter is down there at Uni - went through on my way home from being in southern NSW, she was jonesing to go out to "The Mosh Pit" which is out in Cardiff.  Spent far too much money so missing out on the record was probably a good thing.  Every copy of Sirocco I come across seems to be completely munted including my own, I'm not sure why.  They all look like they were the mainstay of several parties.  The others can be found in good nick though which is great.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

No - my daughter is down there at Uni - went through on my way home from being in southern NSW, she was jonesing to go out to "The Mosh Pit" which is out in Cardiff.  Spent far too much money so missing out on the record was probably a good thing.  Every copy of Sirocco I come across seems to be completely munted including my own, I'm not sure why.  They all look like they were the mainstay of several parties.  The others can be found in good nick though which is great.

I'm an old Lake Macquarie, Boolaroo lad [I know, no great claim to famexD] so I know Cardiff really well. I'm not fmiliar with the Mosh Pit, but it has been decades since I spent any time there.

I'll spin both copies of Sirocco up this arvo and see how they sound, but I'm pretty sure they'll be A1. If they're both good, I can send you a copy.............don't know what I'm going to do with two anyway, it's been so long since I played them.

Where are you living now?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I'm an old Lake Macquarie, Boolaroo lad [I know, no great claim to famexD] so I know Cardiff really well. I'm not fmiliar with the Mosh Pit, but it has been decades since I spent any time there.

I'll spin both copies of Sirocco up this arvo and see how they sound, but I'm pretty sure they'll be A1. If they're both good, I can send you a copy.............don't know what I'm going to do with two anyway, it's been so long since I played them.

Where are you living now?

Cheers,

Keith

PM sent

• Like 1

Australian Crawl - Sirocco. 33rpm on EMI. Just listening to a couple of copies I have of this album and so far, sounding great.:thumb:

Australian Crawl - Sirocco.JPG

Australian Crawl - Sirocco back cover.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

You were only a golf coarse distance from me 

You in Boolooroo 

Then the golf course 

Me in Argenton 

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

You were only a golf coarse distance from me 

You in Boolooroo 

Then the golf course 

Me in Argenton 

I use to ride a horse on that golf course...................wasn't very popular with the green keeper!xD

• Haha 3

Al Stewart - 24 PCarrots

It's a bit rockier than I expected - still those pleasingly twee vocals and whatnot, the subject matter isn't as much of the strange historical stuff on Time Passages/Year of the Cat but it's unmistakeably him.  Not bad!

Pity about the state of the cover - grabbed this and "Russians and Americans" from a charity shop, thankfully the records are in good nick.

20210301_141701.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I use to ride a horse on that golf course...................wasn't very popular with the green keeper!xD

I can imagine 😎

Had a weekend job as a caddie there 

Remember fishing for sea mullet around new year - they came to spawn around the 18th green

Purchased our first furniture at Friths 

Played soccer for Argenton then Lake Macquarie  

• Like 1

My second Nitty Gritty dirt band for the day. Love the sound of banjo!

16145698165314111793509523951977.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I can imagine 😎

Had a weekend job as a caddie there 

Remember fishing for sea mullet around new year - they came to spawn around the 18th green

Purchased our first furniture at Friths 

Played soccer for Argenton then Lake Macquarie  

Yeah, I lived just down from TC Friths in 1st Street for a a chunk of time and also in 5th Street on the bottom side and in 7th up on Lake View. I didn't play much golf as a youngster, but did play a lot of tennis and took first lessons in the early '60s just up the road from you in Glendale. It was from  Glendale that I use to take the short cut through the golf course on the horse to get home to Boolaroo..........small world really.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
2 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

but did play a lot of tennis and took first lessons in the early '60s just up the road from you in Glendale. It was Glendale that I use to take the short cut through the golf course to get home to Boolaroo..

Was tennis lessons at a private home in Poyner avenue that had a clay court 

Thats also the street the Red Toronto busses used for the BHP run 

I went there for tennis because I knew the family 

Or did you have tennis lessons on the tar court next to the primary school on Lake Rd 

36 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Was tennis lessons at a private home in Poyner avenue that had a clay court 

Thats also the street the Red Toronto busses used for the BHP run 

I went there for tennis because I knew the family 

Or did you have tennis lessons on the tar court next to the primary school on Lake Rd 

I was around 10 or 11 years old, so it would have been 1963 or 1964 and it was a clay [antbed] backyard court on Main Road, definitely not bitumen. I hadn't been taught by a coach at that point, but had been playing socially with my folks for a couple of years, so I only spent a short time with lessons in Glendale. The coach was a school teacher by the name of Rodney Brent and I ended up being handed over to his dad, Frank, for coaching at another backyard court in Adamstown, which was the then Solgleam Club.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

Paul Kelly and The Coloured Girls - Gossip. 2LP 33rpm on Mushroom label. I'm a Paul Kelly tragic and Dale and I would catch him live at the Espy and other venues around Melbourne every chance we got. I love his music and he was great live, on his own or with Uncle Bill [Gerry Hale] or the Stormwater Boys back in those days. Great to listen again to some of his older songs on vinyl from the mid '80s.:thumb:

Paul Kelly and The Coloured Girls - Gossip.JPG

Paul Kelly and The Coloured Girls - Gossip back cover.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Nirvana, Unplugged In New York

116610757_NirvanaUnpluggedInNewYork.jpg.177d742acb74d3e86e6a3a2860f69993.jpg

• Like 6

Jimmy Barnes - Freight Train Heart. 33rpm on Mushroom label. What a great rock album and a perfect follow up to Working Class Man.:thumb:

Jimmy Barnes - Freight Train Heart.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1