On 02/02/2021 at 8:32 PM, hlov said:

Keb’ Mo’ MFSL @scuzzii you might like this one. It sounds really nice

5ADB9F3F-1FE7-4353-9A49-4791DF9D04A2.jpeg

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.

Thanks to @evil c

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly 

Mofi one step release.   High standard as you would expect.

20210203_180338.jpg

20210203_180102.jpg

20210203_180108.jpg

20210203_180127.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

The Black Crowes The  Southern  Harmony and Musical Companion spinning today. This is an American Recordings copy, sounds really nice indeed

20210203_161950.jpg

• Like 7

Chris Wilson - Live at the Continental

First time on Vinyl, recorded 1994 at the Conti in Prahran. With Shane O'Mara (Guitar) Jex Saarelaht (Piano) 

Cheersquad Records

IMG20210203194212.jpg

• Like 6

• Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning

The Ex Mr and Mrs Nicholson/Chambers Rattlin Bones. Great album, you can hear they enjoyed making this album

1612344842455656790388.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, AFCAD said:

Must be a great vocalist day for me today - this one finally turned up at the same time as the Chris Wilson LP.

Nina Simone - Pastel Blues, Acoustic Sounds Series.

https://www.discogs.com/Nina-Simone-Pastel-Blues/release/16206941

Great sounding release, Sinnerman is an obvious highlight.

20210203_203129_resized.jpg

Sensational.  I received mine a couple of weeks back. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scuzzii said:

Sensational.  I received mine a couple of weeks back. 

Certainly exceeded what I was expecting

• Like 1

Toto IV - Master Sound pressing.

Yes this is one of my favourite reference records and the Master Sound is the one for dynamics, more in your face instruments, and generally brighter and airier.  Beautifully packaged too.  Two thumbs up!!

IMG_6771.thumb.JPG.c62039961b7a8f693107c4e8a68e76c6.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Cheets Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.

Thanks to @evil c

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly 

Mofi one step release.   High standard as you would expect.

Totally envious in a good way.  I'm looking for an UD version of this great album too.

• Like 1

Last one of the night I'd like to share.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.  Toshiba EMI Pro-Use series.

Deathly silent.  I think the quietness compares with Mofi Ultradisc!

Bass, vocals and sound stage are a notably large improvement from my 2016 repress which I listened to a few weeks back.

IMG_6772.thumb.JPG.45a43cd504c73e2bde4eeb1916357497.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 30/01/2021 at 1:08 PM, gat474 said:

It’s definitely an album best played loud. My old man bought a pressing back in 1980 when we got a decent stereo. I have the album but they still have the system. I managed to find a better copy so that’s the one I play.

@cheekyboy can you suggest some other bluegrass albums I might like?

@gat474

Don’t see many requests for bluegrass records

Here is a great record and a review of a re release of it

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwinm8bkrc7uAhVrxzgGHV57CwcQFjAEegQIAhAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmodern-vinyl.com%2Ftag%2Fthe-nitty-gritty-dirt-band%2F&usg=AOvVaw3bqqHuigMkmGkYNP6NCDm6

061979B1-E22B-4459-8637-780AD94B6D61.jpeg

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 4

Hi All,

Neil Young, After The Gold Rush

1693718892_NeilYoungAfterTheGoldRush.jpg.eaa32c5411e4adafc47604dae36bf332.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

@scuzzii

16 hours ago, scuzzii said:

I don't get why replies are auto merging.  Really annoying.......

I've noticed it does it if you post within 15 -20 minutes of a previous post of yours without anyone else posting beforehand.

Just happened then with a post of mine, will try again in 20 minutes to see if it happens and if no-one else posts.

Just posted and it seems to be 20 minutes.

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Neil Young, After The Gold Rush

1693718892_NeilYoungAfterTheGoldRush.jpg.eaa32c5411e4adafc47604dae36bf332.jpg

50 years old now

Could not have imagined it way back then

Still remember the thrill of buying those first Neil Young records

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly. 33rpm on Warner Bros. Original '82 US pressing but looking forward to hearing the the MFSL version though @scuzzii This still sounds great and going on to 40 years old too.....................digitally recorded, mixed and mastered and sounds brilliant. @stevoz:thumb:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.JPG

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Who, Quadrophenia

I remember seeing that movie 

Full of gangs and scooters 

Was it the Mods and the Rockers 

Hi All,

31 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I remember seeing that movie 

Full of gangs and scooters 

Was it the Mods and the Rockers 

That's the one.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Self Titled First Album

1285886696_ELPSelfTitled.jpg.8d1677a93e6eb72b63b71e8dafa8862c.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly. 33rpm on Warner Bros. Original '82 US pressing but looking forward to hearing the the MFSL version though @scuzzii This still sounds great and going on to 40 years old too.....................digitally recorded, mixed and mastered and sounds brilliant. @stevoz:thumb:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.JPG

Hi Keith, mine is a German 1st pressing and it sounds amazing! The MFSL version should sound peerless!B)

• Like 3

A couple of members posted their copies of this recently, I’ve always wanted the MoFi version, arrived yesterday, SRV Couldn’t Stand the Weather, outstanding pressing.

D677C06E-AF3A-46D6-92C3-4EA567EFD79F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, awayward said:

A couple of members posted their copies of this recently, I’ve always wanted the MoFi version, arrived yesterday, SRV Couldn’t Stand the Weather, outstanding pressing.

D677C06E-AF3A-46D6-92C3-4EA567EFD79F.jpeg

i'm yet to open mine but reassuring to see its excellent.

AIR ‎– Original Motion Picture Score For The Virgin Suicides -2000 -  still a pleasure to listen to 21 years later

cRFYfjH.jpg

• Like 4