Vinyl - Currently Spinning

14 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Good evening Folks.

Playing around with amps and speaker placement / height...

Settled on the Sony speakers ( at the right height and cushioned with sections of pool noodle ), and Rotel amp, sounding rather pleasant...

... sneaky little CD in there, oops.

Love the LP stands, is the black and green album Waters Radio Kaos?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hlov said:

Love the LP stands, is the black and green album Waters Radio Kaos?

G'day Hlov.

Yes mate, Radio Kaos, first Oz press, sounds great.

The wooden stands are Monte Marte easels, I got 'em at our $2 shop, they were around $12 each.

I’m a happy man now, I have been looking for a first pressing of this album got it from the classifieds.

Great condition and amazing sound quality, thanks heaps Ed,

Crowded House Woodface 

FA700197-6DCC-41E5-B306-E1B46AE58D3C.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, metal beat said:

Creedence Clearwater Revival - 2002 analog productions reissue. remastered for vinyl by Kevin Gray/Steve Hoffman.     can't imagine it sounding better than this. :thumb:

sJiceWU.jpg

Have to agree. I have the 2014 Reissues from AP and they blow me away every time. ?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, hlov said:

Very impressed with the sound quality of this Oz pressing, Steely Dan Aja. A great album 

5C4DCBF0-FFAE-42F6-8843-4AF9E551A610.jpeg

I've been researching what release to get. Some are very expensive..  almost settled a on Japanese 

• Like 3

Cat Stevens - Catch Bull At Four. 33rpm on Festival Records. This is an Australian pressing that I bought I reckon in 1972 or 1973 and I'm surprised at how good it still sounds to be honest. Given the amount of gear this has been played on over the years, it is in remarkably good condition today..................brings back lots of memories.

Cat Stevens - Catch Bull At.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Cat Stevens - Catch Bull At Four. 33rpm on Festival Records. This is an Australian pressing that I bought I reckon in 1972 or 1973 and I'm surprised at how good it still sounds to be honest. Given the amount of gear this has been played on over the years, it is in remarkably good condition today..................brings back lots of memories.

Cat Stevens - Catch Bull At.JPG

That's what I found when spinning LP's from my teenage days, ordinary pressings sounding really good despite having been played on the old Grundig radiogram! And yes the memories are invaluable.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, YCC said:

That's what I found when spinning LP's from my teenage days, ordinary pressings sounding really good despite having been played on the old Grundig radiogram! And yes the memories are invaluable.

Yep, YCC, I would have been around 19 or 20 when I bought that LP and I have a couple of his earlier albums that I’ve played today since and they’re in reasonably good condition too. LPs that I had bought prior to 1970 unfortunately did not fare so well though.? Most of the vinyl I bought prior to 1970 was rendered unplayable due to misuse, but I did get a massive education that year on how to care for LPs and I’m forever thankful for it.?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

Damn, I had "Teaser and the Firecat" which has gone missing together with a few others, would've been a UK-pressing too. Love his work, must check out his latest.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, YCC said:

Damn, I had "Teaser and the Firecat" which has gone missing together with a few others, would've been a UK-pressing too. Love his work, must check out his latest.

The other three LPs I played were Mona Bone Jakon, Teaser and the Firecat and Tea for the Tillerman. Tea for the Tillerman was a more recent Analogue Productions pressing, but the other two were original releases and Australian pressings.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

To Top