Can’t recall who commented before in one of my old posts about Bad Company. I have found that the “other” album is actually a compilation :)

10 from 6

0E898A9D-DE62-44A4-92F1-EE6807EC6CD2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind. 33rpm 2LP on Virgin Records. Re issue of his '95 album and a good Ben Harper album it is too and this re issue is a good pressing and very dynamic and extremely quiet too, despite the coloured vinyl pieces, red and green.:thumb:

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind.JPG

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind inside jacket.JPG

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind back cover.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 1

PiL– What The World Needs Now...  - 2015  - who would have thought Johnny Rotten would have still been alive, let alone still creating great music.

coY7PGF.jpg

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, metal beat said:

PiL– What The World Needs Now...  - 2015  - who would have thought Johnny Rotten would have still been alive, let alone still creating great music.

coY7PGF.jpg

Must be his healthy lifestyle....

jonny.jpg.e24695ea1abff004e13e0c5973de1890.jpg

• Haha 5

Hi All,

Quest Under Capricorn, Shaolin Afronauts

1581233023_QuestShaolin.jpg.5718fa7fdd219700d5fd7e180e6aa2e0.jpg

• Like 6

Willie Nelson - Summertime. 33rpm on Legacy label. Willie doing Gershwin as only Willie can. This is a very good pressing and he does a couple of duets with Cyndi Lauper and Sheryl Crow. The bass player on this, David Piltch, is worth a mention too as he did a great job and really has an impact throughout.............love it.:thumb:

Willie Nelson - Summertime.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 7

Willie Nelson and The Boys - Willie's Stash Vol 2. 33rpm on Legacy label. Sticking with Willie this is a good album recorded with his sons Lukas and Micah.:thumb:

Willie Nelson and The Boys - Willies Stash Vol 2.JPG

Willie Nelson and The Boys - Willies Stash Vol 2 back cover.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 4

Hi All,

Ozark Mountain Daredevils Self Titled album

1645089018_OzarkMountainDaredevils.jpg.f94f46400b11322945bf4b7bda4cf27e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 27/01/2021 at 8:18 PM, gibbo9000 said:

Just stepped up from the well worn 1997 standard pressing of Rumours to remastered 180gram, 45 rpm, 2 record set.  A bit of espionage confirms the Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman cut through the KPG/SH@ATM engraving in the run out area.  Dead quite pressing, bass is sublime!IMG20210127193535.thumb.jpg.5115e5488d9232efcb2714a6c62d36c9.jpg

I have the same one, it's very good !! :thumb: 

• Like 1

Willie Nelson - For The Good Times. 33rpm on Legacy label. A tribute to his friend Ray Price and a step back to an earlier time in country music.:thumb:

Willie Nelson - For The Good Times.JPG

Willie Nelson - For The Good Times back cover.JPG

• Like 6

Finally got my Soulines Kubrick up and running after a bit of an own goal with a mix up in power supplies. Thanks to the guys at SGR for the repair, Keith at Wyndham Audio and Igor at Soulines over in Serbia for getting me sorted.

I didn’t realise how much I missed vinyl. Having a Sheffield Labs morning.
Running an Acoustical Systems Fideles MM cart into a Graham Slee Accession via Slee cables.  
Edit: Just listening to Harry James now, front row seats!!! Gotta love Atc actives👍.

D345BB59-702C-44E8-A355-603E0ED8BE97.jpeg

EDA27380-E44F-4F80-A56C-D78C22EE74A3.jpeg

7DA2C082-0187-4E6A-812A-A1F1289EC760.jpeg

265C73CB-CC9D-488B-8930-06094636AE20.jpeg

Edited by gat474
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Finally got my Soulines Kubrick up and running after a bit of an own goal with a mix up in power supplies. Thanks to the guys at SGR for the repair, Keith at Wyndham Audio and Igor at Soulines over in Serbia for getting me sorted.

Running an Acoustical Systems MM cart into a Graham Slee Accession via Slee cables.  

Good stuff Glen. Enjoy mate.

Miles in concert. Japanese pressing that Sasha and I are enjoying..

Thanks to Eric.

20210130_120719.jpg

20210130_114953.jpg

Sick of this merging replies crap...

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Running an Acoustical Systems MM cart into a Graham Slee Accession via Slee cables.  

Glad the deck is back up and running and you're getting a healthy dose of dynamics with those D2D discs too.:thumb: Have you noticed the dedication on the Larry McNeely album?:o:winky:

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Glad the deck is back up and running and you're getting a healthy dose of dynamics with those D2D discs too.:thumb: Have you noticed the dedication on the Larry McNeely album?:o:winky:

Cheers,

Keith

Yes Keith, you pointed it out to me some years ago. By chance I did some google research on some of the band members and saw that Geoff Levin is a member of the same church group as Tom Cruise. @cheekyboy,Is that what the dedication refers to?

Slipping into Saturday arvo. Beautifully dynamic recording on this, perfect for testing out the new to me 60’s vintage Mullard 12au7’s.

7DB670C5-59E6-4ED6-930A-CCB84270C859.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Yes Keith, you pointed it out to me some years ago. By chance I did some google research on some of the band members and saw that Geoff Levin is a member of the same church group as Tom Cruise. @cheekyboy,Is that what the dedication refers to?

Yep, dedicated to Ron L Hubbard. It’s probably not the greatest collection of bluegrass songs, but the performances are outstanding and I’ve had quite a few audio enthusiasts that weren’t fans of the genre, actually reconsidering that after they heard Confederation with the wick turned up a little.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, dedicated to Ron L Hubbard. It’s probably not the greatest collection of bluegrass songs, but the performances are outstanding and I’ve had quite a few audio enthusiasts that weren’t fans of the genre, actually reconsidering that after they heard Confederation with the wick turned up a little.

Cheers,

Keith

It’s definitely an album best played loud. My old man bought a pressing back in 1980 when we got a decent stereo. I have the album but they still have the system. I managed to find a better copy so that’s the one I play.

@cheekyboy can you suggest some other bluegrass albums I might like?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, graham121 said:

Slipping into Saturday arvo. Beautifully dynamic recording on this, perfect for testing out the new to me 60’s vintage Mullard 12au7’s.

7DB670C5-59E6-4ED6-930A-CCB84270C859.jpeg

Beautiful album, My MoFi is on its way :)

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, gat474 said:

It’s definitely an album best played loud. My old man bought a pressing back in 1980 when we got a decent stereo. I have the album but they still have the system. I managed to find a better copy so that’s the one I play.

@cheekyboy can you suggest some other bluegrass albums I might like?

Rank Strangers - Uluru if you can still find a copy, but it won't be easy. The Rev has a copy I got for him some years back, so if you're catching up with him anytime soon, he might bring it around. Bill Monroe. Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt, Alison Krauss, Bela Fleck would be a good start.  I've been listening to a fair bit of the Canadian bluegrass band,  The Dead South lately and they have a new compilation album on vinyl 'Served Live' released early February, if it's not already released that should be good. Have a listen to the YouTube below and see if you like them.

Paul Kelly's bluegrass work is pretty good too as well Uncle Bill but their  albums are a little hard to get now.

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

Hi All,

22 hours ago, scuzzii said:

great album and quite rare on vinyl!!

The Shaolin Afronauts (kudosrecords.co.uk)

It certainly is, luckily I have 2 copies, one purchased for my son who purchased a copy himself.

Currently I have bee listening to Roger Waters, since getting home from golf just after midday.

103542086_RogerWatersTheWall.jpg.6b85890ce4336990ed2b282993e622df.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All,

Some Melbourne rock, Nick Barker and The Reptiles, Goin' To Pieces

1538490681_NickBarkerandTheReptiles.jpg.677e7d10eaa1fdf9703a48b9b70dbd1d.jpg

• Like 4

Joe Bonamassa - a new day now, 20th anniversary edition, in parts it has been redone, remixed and remastered, SQ is excellent, recommended if you like blues/rock.

E8643D4B-DF1B-4691-8157-D122E302D4B0.jpeg

Edited by awayward
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Mariah Carey

The Emancipation of Mimi

US

IMG_8085.JPG

You have an impressive MC collection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legend   Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Didn't realise how many of these tracks I knew!  Slight noise floor issue but SQ in general is excellent.  Vinyl really brings a warmth to this album - couldn't listen to his any other way now.

IMG_6764.thumb.JPG.2e66758a6732bb406e87ca1a90af7136.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning