• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

F5533571-B863-4A95-BCDB-502393C0ED0D.thumb.jpeg.023df7082381c37cc6e96d6475938487.jpeg

@scuzzii 

Got the 2013 AP reissue. Shame it’s not the numbered edition! Otherwise I’ll sell - check the asking price on Discogs!!! 
https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/4403277

This probably sounds similar to your version. Or perhaps 20g better as this is 200g pressing you know!? 😂 

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ben Harper - Both Sides Of The Gun - 33rpm 2LP on Virgin Records. A terrific album and sound quality is excellent.:thumb:

Ben Harper - Both sides Of The Gun.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 7

B21E18CB-0D4C-4034-AC29-7E5E9B7E5787.thumb.jpeg.78ce26b289be9da1fe47ab289841d09c.jpeg

Got into mono and jazz mode so it’s 

Sarah Vaughan

with Clifford Brown 

1974 Japan Reissue 

• Like 7
45 minutes ago, MoveD said:

F5533571-B863-4A95-BCDB-502393C0ED0D.thumb.jpeg.023df7082381c37cc6e96d6475938487.jpeg

@scuzzii 

Got the 2013 AP reissue. Shame it’s not the numbered edition! Otherwise I’ll sell - check the asking price on Discogs!!! 
https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/4403277

This probably sounds similar to your version. Or perhaps 20g better as this is 200g pressing you know!? 😂 

far ken hell.....    that is exe..

This is the one I have - plus a Japanese and old US.

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (2017, 180g, Vinyl) | Discogs

Guessing this one is what you have - getting up there as well..

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (2013, 200g, Vinyl) | Discogs

• Like 2

Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now - 33rpm 2LP on Exile label. Great live album recorded with Caledonia Soul Orchestra in '74.:thumb:

Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now.JPG

Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now back cover.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hi All,

Kate Bush, Before The Dawn LP #1 of 4

725591593_KateBushBeforeTheDawn.jpg.ad388ac457cbfd7bdfca8e6152f574c8.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Lily    
A2    Hounds Of Love    
A3    Joanni    
A4    Top Of The City    
B1    Never Be Mine    
B2    Running Up That Hill    
B3    King Of The Mountain

• Like 5

Karla Bonoff's self-titled debut! Linda Ronstadt covered many of these songs, especially on her LP "Hasten Down the Wind". She's still performing in USA, hopefully see her "live" in the future.

16115433371317646415752070088085.jpg

• Like 4

Another one, from the MOV At the movies series Forrest Gump

515433F8-070D-4672-9A02-3E3E574AA8C1.jpeg

1 minute ago, YCC said:

Karla Bonoff's self-titled debut! Linda Ronstadt covered many of these songs, especially on her LP "Hasten Down the Wind". She's still performing in USA, hopefully see her "live" in the future.

16115433371317646415752070088085.jpg

I have one of her records, very beautiful voice 

• Like 4

Spinning a new acquisition. Ian Dury and the Blockheads "New Boots and Panties"  UK 1st pressing. I have an Oz 1st pressing of this (bought on it's release) but in storage it got hazed! My brother bought the Speakers Corner version of this recently so gave me his UK 1st pressing in NM condition. Thank you Phil.  As expected, it sounds really great!

New Boots And Panties!! 40th Anniversary Edition - Record Collector Magazine

• Like 10

Hi All,

The Bamboos, Night Time People

2027524993_TheBamboosNightTimePeople.jpg.ee24437d994ad08d20b3b67059535aed.jpg

Hi @hlov

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Another one, from the MOV At the movies series Forrest Gump

515433F8-070D-4672-9A02-3E3E574AA8C1.jpeg

I have one of her records, very beautiful voice 

Is that the copy with the red and blue discs ?

• Like 3

Hi All,

Sticking with The Bamboos, Fever In The Road with a change in system as having power tripping the mains so trying to isolate

615044240_BamboosFeverInTheRoad.jpg.5d3c85732f06d568bfb0a05e13196de9.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

1st up on this stinking hot day..

Altin Gun  -  Gece 

Very different to what I normally spin.  It was a suggestion from a Vinyl discussion group on Twitter as I had posted Mildlife - Automatic.

German Psychedelic Funk Rock.

20210125_160310.jpg

20210125_160830.jpg

• Like 2

AC/DC "Power Up" German pressing.....this really is a great album.....well recorded, well produced, well pressed.....and a collection of good to great songs. It's so much better than Rock Or Bust.....

Power Up' - Thoughts On the Official Album Art? : ACDC

• Like 6
8 hours ago, scuzzii said:

is there a way to tell, Marty..?

The fixed pressing has "Welcome to 1979" in the dead wax.

• Like 1

David Bowie - Space Oddity - 2019, 50th anniversary Tony Visconti remix

Finally picked up the 2019 Visconti remix after seeing @Janjuc spinning it a few times.  After the totally disappointing 2015 Bowie 69-73 remaster box set, I sort of ignored each subsequent release as they are totally against everything that Bowies early albums stood for - vibrancy, aggression of youth and dynamics, replaced bass heavy treacle with no micro dynamics.  confirmed when I bought the later remaster of Low and Station to Station.

Anyway, put the 2019 Space Oddity on - WOW - this is good, still vibrant, very clear but Bowie's voice is now mixed into the centre of the soundstage for most of the the first track, not out of the right channel in the Ryko remaster.  This kicks the 2015 remaster to the curb, then crushes its skull.

the new remix is very good.  It is not as raw or as forward as the original mix, but it is better balanced and proves, even at 75, Visconti still has it.    I now have an alternative to spin vs my Ryko release.

bHpbl3V.jpg

NpEU1XQ.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, qwerter said:

Amazing pressing.

20210123_094033_resized.jpg.c55df42f987a8461c77b704fcb768a3b.jpg

20210125_215429_resized.jpg.317e0be2ad5c28be00c3e07f08d77948.jpg

20210125_215439_resized.jpg.c655b92077e004176b15a1cfc4bd9aa2.jpg

well done, nice low number.

I got 388 and thought i was doing well  :)

• Like 1

happy Aussie day!!   starting off with a classik  - INXS ‎– Listen Like Thieves.  still remember seeing the boys supporting this album at Bryants in Manly Vale :thumb:

zU61EVm.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 11

Happy Oz Day 🇦🇺🏄‍♀️😎

Daddy Cool

Daddy Who?

Australia

May you all do the Eagle Rock 🦅🕺

IMG_8204.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6

Completely destroying the Australia Day theme going on here.  

Because i've been so happy with my other Vampire Weekend listens, I decided to grab their latest album - Father of the Bride.

It had been a while since their last album, and the maturity that comes with this album shows in spades.  A deviation from their previous 'sound', but what it has lost has been replaced by a ton of variety, pleasing sounds and a genuine pitch for one of the better albums of recent times (in my opinion of course!).

To top it off, the SQ and pressing quality is brilliant.  Once again far from disappointed with my purchase decision.

IMG_6759.thumb.JPG.c8f0f6a9833f9da95f50d85155852911.JPG

• Like 4

Hi All,

Having spent the entire morning  7:15 -> 12:30 pulling out all electrical components in the house and individually seeing which one tripped the Circuit breaker, of course we started at the wrong end of the house and were on the last half dozen things when we found out we need a new fridge 😢😢 now time now to play some tunes 😊😊

Queen, A Day At The Races

2130986928_QueenADayAtTheRaces.jpg.5c82a0638dffcc154689eda402448278.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

Midnight Oil, The Makarrata Project

955650778_MakarrataProjectMidnightOil.jpg.9062b63ff88eed68bdced8a6a0fd1ee6.jpg

• Like 5

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, Once Beyond Hopelessness, the OST to their weird, self produced, written and performed movie, Christmas On Mars

2118985850_FlamingLipsOnceBeyondHopelessness.jpg.1c9b92b122282780bb55a4b5c09a297c.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 2
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning