Vinyl - Currently Spinning

A good friend of mine “loaned me” a bunch of old records, they are in bad shape and might improve after a good cleaning. I’m playing this one, never heard this band before but it does sounds like 60s stuff. Kind of Procol Harum or Doors. I like it a lot 

Iron Butterfly - Ball

B1A06B6B-DC1C-4338-890C-691B0F6235BF.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,

48 minutes ago, hlov said:

A good friend of mine “loaned me” a bunch of old records, they are in bad shape and might improve after a good cleaning. I’m playing this one, never heard this band before but it does sounds like 60s stuff. Kind of Procol Harum or Doors. I like it a lot 

Iron Butterfly - Ball

B1A06B6B-DC1C-4338-890C-691B0F6235BF.jpeg

You should have a listen to In A Gadda Da Vida by them.

Currently I am listening to Tin Machine II, rerelease of 1991 album with David Bowie as lead singer as he stepped back from his solo career and formed Tin Machine and played with them for several years.

1796093029_TinMachineII.jpg.ddf85c4f6264667f84c8f138980f073a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

You should have a listen to In A Gadda Da Vida by them.

Currently I am listening to Tin Machine II, rerelease of 1991 album with David Bowie as lead singer as he stepped back from his solo career and formed Tin Machine and played with them for several years.

1796093029_TinMachineII.jpg.ddf85c4f6264667f84c8f138980f073a.jpg

JJ

Ha, I do actually got that on another record  that came on the pack. 

I’ll play it later, thanks for the suggestion 

• Like 2

My vinyl double LP of Teskey Brothers Live at the Forum arrived today. A great analogue recording. It kinda reminded me to then play my favourite live album of all time.

image.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

followed by this.

the-j.-geils-band_live-full-house_4.jpg&

Most excellent

• Like 7

Prince

His Majesty's Pop Life/The Purple Mix Club

2 x LP (45 RPM & 33 1/3 RPM)
Record Store Day Exclusive 2019
WRECKA STOW DAY EXCLUSIVE

(Wrecka Stow = Record Store - as in Prince's play on words in "Under the Cherry Moon" movie)
Absolutely stunning - Lacquer cut by Kevin Gray & pressed at Optimal  ? 
I picked up my copy from Discrepancy Records who currently have it on sale, and so glad I did and was able to support my local "Wrecka Stow" even if it was interstate ?

IMG_5510.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 8

Got awhile back, not knowing what to make of the label "Heavenly Sweetness". As it turns out it's a Japanese label that issues Blue Note recordings and the sonics are pretty good too. 

IMG_20200721_110613851.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, proftournesol said:

My vinyl double LP of Teskey Brothers Live at the Forum arrived today. A great analogue recording. It kinda reminded me to then play my favourite live album of all time.

image.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

followed by this.

the-j.-geils-band_live-full-house_4.jpg&

Most excellent

This J Geils LP is one helluva live recording, one of my favourites

• Like 4

Trisha Yearwood - Let's Be Frank. 33rpm on Gwendolyn Records. I'm a Trisha Yearwood fan and this tribute to Sinatra is a bit of a departure from her country roots, but is an excellent collection of songs paying homage to Frank Sinatra. I was very familiar with the album as a digital download on Tidal, but I must say this is a considerable step up in SQ on vinyl......thanks John @scuzzii:thumb:

Trisha Yearwood - Let's Be Frank.JPG

• Like 5