• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Kicking off with an Album that literally just arrived this afternoon.  Courier was at the door when I turned on the system..

Half moon run   -  covideo sessions 

20210122_170418.jpg

20210122_170450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Next up

Watched the latest Bee Gees doco. Excellent.   So had to grab this given the back story.

20210122_180528.jpg

• Like 7

9008BAC8-830D-427B-B5A9-00B2AB47E301.thumb.jpeg.bd6d7ce7ada5140be7d58a23eb94d64a.jpeg

Joining the fun

The Flaming Lips

The Soft Bulletin 

2019 Vinyl Me, Please 

Yellow Mustard Vinyl 

Excellent SQ. CB cuts.

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Next up

David Bowie

Great album.

20210122_182808.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Fleetwood Mac 'The Alternate Rumours' (2020) Alternate takes and early versions of this iconic album

P1080140.JPG.e3fddcb49c916ae94f01c64f03688359.JPG

Oh wow. That could be interesting 

Don't know what happened there. Seems posts were merged..

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Fleetwood Mac 'The Alternate Rumours' (2020) Alternate takes and early versions of this iconic album

P1080140.JPG.e3fddcb49c916ae94f01c64f03688359.JPG

I’ve seen this around, but I’m not sure, what is your opinion of the alternate versions?

• Like 1

Jackie Mclean - lights out.

AP Prestige release

Very good.. the line up - wow.

20210122_191302.jpg

• Like 6

Thought I would pen down a mini review of the new album 

The 50th anniversary of - In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson (2 LP ) 

First up I listened to the alternative LP just to get a feel for the background of how the album was put together 

One track “ Epitaph “ on the alternative album was Greg Lake’s voice only 

After listening - It made me understand as to why some takes were not used ( and frankly I agree with the bands decision) 

——————

Now onto the remix of the 1969 LP 

I found that great respect was given

The record is very quiet ( but needed a deep clean ) 

Fantastic separation of the instruments especially the drums and percussion  

The percussion has timber and accuracy without drowning out any other instruments 

Its actually very well and sympathetically done  

However if I was to make a negative comment - but please Note this may be due to the accuracy of my system ? 

On the track “Epitaph “the beginning of the first 30 seconds or so the loudness gain is about 5% to 7% to much 

On the track “In The Court Of The Crimson King “ the drone  of the melotron and in the change over passages it also suffers the same from loudness gain  

That is my personal observation of the Steve Wilson mix 

IMG_0202.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, awayward said:

I’ve seen this around, but I’m not sure, what is your opinion of the alternate versions?

I know the original album like its part of my DNA, so it's fascinating to hear the alternate versions.  There's walking bass-lines, different beats, harmonies and structures.  The two Christine McVie tracks 'Songbird' and 'Oh Daddy' are a real highlight with Stevie adding extra harmonies.  Nice...

• Like 3

Decided to start the weekend off with a fantastic female singer.

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.c02bc11b1496c5a522f2da154fc753e9.JPG

• Like 5

21 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Arrived today. My first record for the year. And it's beauty. One of my all time favourite bands.

Good sq.

Very catchy ear worm toons.

I think you would like this band John @scuzzii.

I'm on my 3rd listen. Fairly hammered this on Spotify over the last couple of months. Worth it just to hear Gavin Harrison on drums alone.

Album recorded by Kscope. Who do a decent job, especially (dare l mention it) on their CDs. Not had a dud in either format.

The Pineapple Theif: Vissions Of The Truth. Have a listen folks.

👌 K.

16112845856235576182841114096909.jpg

Streamed this and Dissolution - both awesome.  They remind me of Half Moon Run, Royal Blood and Tool (vocals very reminiscent of Maynard on a lot of songs)

Thanks Ken (although you keep costing me money!!)  great suggestion

• Like 1

The Church ‎– Remote Luxury  -  This is the rest of world album release - German pressing, which is the Persia and Remote Luxury EP's combined - works perfectly as an album.  luv it

RIsEp5u.jpg

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, metal beat said:

The Church ‎– The Blurred Crusade

wm3q8Ca.jpg

Another one of my desert island discs. Wonderful album.

25 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Edited by Bisguittin
Stuffup
  • Like 4

Hi All,

For my 15,000th Post it was a tossup between two of my favourite artists, so decided to play both and post together.

King Crimson, In The Court of The Crimson King, https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/2511718

1478920382_KingCrimsonITCOTCK.jpg.50a189be5393a713bb93820da3fe735a.jpg

David Bowie, Metrobolist.  https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-Metrobolist-Nine-Songs-By-David-Bowie/release/16135214

317345083_BowieMetrobolist.jpg.447044a6c1defb90088cb7842131fb56.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

For my 15,000th Post it was a tossup between two of my favourite artists, so decided to play both and post together.

King Crimson, In The Court of The Crimson King, https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/2511718

David Bowie, Metrobolist.  https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-Metrobolist-Nine-Songs-By-David-Bowie/release/16135214

I agree with both artist choices 

And that’s about double my post count 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Streamed this and Dissolution - both awesome.  They remind me of Half Moon Run, Royal Blood and Tool (vocals very reminiscent of Maynard on a lot of songs)

Thanks Ken (although you keep costing me money!!)  great suggestion

Love spending your money for youJohn.😃

The lead singer of TPT is a guy called Bruce Soord. Superlative voice. Check out his own single albums under his name.

Especially his 2019 album, All This Will Be Yours. He has 3 in total.

I have his Wisdom Of Crowds on cd (though that is in collaboration with the lead singer from the band Katatonia, Jonas Renkse), a great listen.

All the albums are superb. All This Will Be Yours is my next record purchase. 2 LPs. Going to be a birthday present for myself next month.

There you go mate. Just spent another few hundred $s for you😁

👌 K

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

Another one of my desert island discs. Wonderful album.

My favourite Aus band....ever.

With Priest = Aura one of my all time favourite album's.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Congrats mate. Love your posts.

I got a long way to catch you up.

But you were my very first respondent to my very first post.

👌 K

• Like 3

1062466711_PXL_20210123_0614238272.thumb.jpg.b005f690a5e5fc4fdd149f529f52c450.jpg

The Cat Empire - Steal the Light (2009)

I first heard the Cat Empire at the Wangaratta Jazz Festival (around the time of their first album?), their exuberance cutting through our midday Saturday hangovers. More recently they have emerged as a favourite of my nine year old. This one is a loaner from my brother, so we're not so familiar with it. Quite a master stroke getting Graeme Base to do the artwork.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MarkT said:

Judas Priest. 

Sad wings of Destiny.

UK first pressing Gull label 1975.

20210123_122355.jpg

I’m very jealous of all your Heavy Metal first pressings from the UK, we’re you living there at the time?

Hi All,

Before watching some TV, Flowers, Icehouse to finish today's music.

962225028_FlowersIcehouse.jpg.f83da259b814ab929f997682494fe91c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning