2 hours ago, April Snow said:

I have noticed that about so many of the re-releases - even the Prince one I posted over the weekend for Hits 1 - the original cover was a Sepia tone and the new release Black and White - I prefer the original tones. Another thing I have noticed that is really SLOPPY is how they will take the artwork from CDs and then just copy that for LP Jackets and they can be "fuzzy" and pixelated. That is just laziness. I prefer the original tones in the cover of this one too ūüôā

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @April Snow

Too true, enlarging a 5" x 5" picture to 12" x 12" is sloppy and lazy.

JJ

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

The first thing I noticed was how dull the rerelease 's cover was in comparison, it seems more washed out in comparison to the 1970 version. currently playing the 1970 version.

I completely agree with the cover art observations 

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Rod Stewart

Fancy loose & Fancy Free

Atlantic Crossing

First pressings and both sound great 

9B9C9B99-9104-48BD-B833-20CE96619FFF.jpeg

• Like 6

Although I never really got stuck into the Dead much, that has got to be one of THE best record covers of all time.

N.P.

Also one of my favourites from the 70s and with a cover that has plenty of shock value. I had a lot of fun scaring my young sister with this cover.

uh.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

On 18/01/2021 at 2:16 PM, stevoz said:

I have an apparent bootleg double LP of this concert on grey vinyl......the 'Stop Making Sense Tour' on Broadcast Radio Records from 2015 with 14 songs. It sounds fantastic and it's not even an official release!

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense Tour (2015, Grey, Vinyl) | Discogs

R-6871313-1513625338-2346.jpeg.jpg

Edit: Some quick Discogs research renders this post irrelevant to your question as it is a different concert (Milwaukie 1984) to the official release (New York 1983) but from the same tour. Still sounds great though.

Wow! What a piece! Ill be keeping my antennae out for that one :-))) Cheers steveoz! Discogs has it as an album that they cant allow to be commented on or sold by them! Hehehehe!! Awesome!

Edited by ScottyPeace
3 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

Wow! What a piece! Ill be keeping my antennae out for that one :-))) Cheers steveoz! Discogs has it as an album that they cant allow to be commented on or sold by them! Hehehehe!! Awesome!

TALKING HEADS - Stop Making Sense Tour | Amazon.com.au | Music

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense Tour (2016, 180, Vinyl) | Discogs

I have this, you can have my copy of this Scott.

Edited by scuzzii
18 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @April Snow

Too true, enlarging a 5" x 5" picture to 12" x 12" is sloppy and lazy.

JJ

especially the history associated with that cover.  Artist died, it hangs in one of the band members house etc..  

• Like 2

Hi All,

Herbie Hancock Trio, Self Titled

982837745_HerbieHancockTrioSelfTitled.jpg.85293a0e903c383ac7c8d5e58b6e6e7a.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

Hi All,

Icehouse, Man Of Colours

1555680073_IcehouseManOfColours.jpg.43f2b82d4ed6f53f174baead904b190a.jpg

JJ

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Nick Cave, Live From KCRW

589658891_NickCaveLiveFromKCRW.jpg.6b6ca5cc7f15706e0daed84234f4a9b6.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Hi All,

King Crimson,  In the Wake of Poseidon 

2004000920_KingCrimsonITWOP.jpg.a950b361af7c3f5cb8cf23f233ed49c4.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

5 hours ago, YCC said:

Gasoline alley

16111005683797582061877385055076.jpg

Something to Tidal for you @YCC

Great female singer with a Rod The Mod type voice

72BAB08D-B6F1-44AA-B4D5-36CCB9CB1CD0.jpeg

56AEF5C5-6930-4DEB-9D95-E0996781C4CD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Goanna, Spirit Of Place

1862562845_GoannaSpiritOfPlace.jpg.920ea32b072021d593de146307c5ec76.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi @keyse1

41 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Something to Tidal for you @YCC

Great female singer with a Rod The Mod type voice

72BAB08D-B6F1-44AA-B4D5-36CCB9CB1CD0.jpeg

56AEF5C5-6930-4DEB-9D95-E0996781C4CD.jpeg

I can vague remember her out front of a band called The Ten Wheel Drive, late 60s, early 70s, played a big, brassy jazz fusion / soul music.

JJ

1 minute ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @keyse1

I can vague remember her out front of a band called The Ten Wheel Drive, late 60s, early 70s, played a big, brassy jazz fusion / soul music.

JJ

That’s her

She was involved in the 70’s in the New York rock n roll scene and from memory produced some very early punk bands

Both great records and great singer

Depeche Mode ‚Äé‚Äď Spirit - 2017 - the boys trying to still look kool.¬† Martin and David are kool and Fletch is just about the luckiest guy in the world to be best mates with M Gore and be in the band for 40 years with no talent - yes, quite envious¬†ūüėČ

Uq0NVOb.jpg

• Like 2
19 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Holy crap bro!! Thank you deeply! Looking forward to the next gtg for another reason now :-))

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind. 33rpm remastered on Friday Music label. Very good pressing and an excellent job on remastering his 1970 release. Beautifully laid back folk album. @scuzzii:thumb:

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind.JPG

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind back coverJPG.JPG

• Like 9

Hi All,

Fish Out Of Water, Chris Squire

1344624156_FishOutOfWaterSquire.jpg.df98ce392496e3c5056dcaa3662d7623.jpg

JJ

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind. 33rpm remastered on Friday Music label. Very good pressing and an excellent job on remastering his 1970 release. Beautifully laid back folk album. @scuzzii:thumb:

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind.JPG

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind back coverJPG.JPG

such a haunting song, of pending relationship demise. 

I agree, they did a great job with this one.  There are a couple of versions around, one that doesn't have the title on the cover as well.  Both good but from memory this was the pick of the two for me..

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind (2015, 180 gram, Vinyl) | Discogs

Gordon Lightfoot - Sit Down Young Stranger (2013, Vinyl) | Discogs

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 3

Hi All,

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Black Sabbath

Sabbath.jpg.dedc9debc1f5f1e0e8938098c632f211.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Boz Scaggs, Silk Degrees whilst reorganising my LP collection.

196328800_BozSilk.jpg.bb0a3a1ed4d02a04328276b9be1fcc33.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown.

Excellent original Australian pressing from the 80's. Picked up recently in a bulk bundle, this has only been played a half a dozen times and is in near-perfect condition. Interestingly the vinyl is probably about 70g in gauge!

20210121_120801-01.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi All,

Father John Misty, Fear Fun

108868725_FatherJohnMistyFearFun.jpg.811e44d396fa30f5298cc9ca3493801e.jpg

• Like 4

Rainy Sundays.......Windy Dreams.

Andy Irvine.

For anyone with even a fleeting interest in Irish folk music - a fantastic album!

20210121_130305-01.jpeg

• Like 4

If you have watched the movie High Fidelity, you will like this album

Bob Dylan Oh Mercy

C05807E9-74B9-4FE9-A788-404A44779744.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning