• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have played quite a bit of music during lockdown 

But decided to present this classic album as I played it a couple of times now 

Even though it’s new, it took a few RCM cleans to get it ready to play 

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - Tubular Bells 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells/release/2062394

8-FDEF4-BC-A289-4986-8-CBA-6-D7-E3-E8958

How did you know that it still wasn't clean enough after the first RCM clean? I thought RCM's were the bomb for cleaning records.....well, that's what I've read on stereonet.

13 minutes ago, stevoz said:

How did you know that it still wasn't clean enough after the first RCM clean? I thought RCM's were the bomb for cleaning records.....well, that's what I've read on stereonet.

It’s more to do with pressing quality issues 

I think it will go back to JB HiFi for a replacement 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Fair enough.....that's not good.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Procol Harum Self Titled 50th Anniversary Release

506460269_ProcolHarumSelfTitled50thAnniversaryPlaying.jpg.be2b912f1a3593da0d177365c83cb1cf.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

Icehouse, Man Of Colours Rerelease of Tricolour vinyl, which seems to sound good, there is no definitive problem when going between colours as there is about a one centimetre mech of colour eg: where the red and yellow meet it is orange, where the yellow and blue meet it is green, where the blue and red meet it is purple.

1555680073_IcehouseManOfColours.jpg.43f2b82d4ed6f53f174baead904b190a.jpg

JJ

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Full Range said:

I've got the same Back to Black copy with the same issues as you so perhaps a refund instead of replacement

(and to think years ago I gave away an original pressing to a friend)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turnthetable said:

I've got the same Back to Black copy with the same issues as you so perhaps a refund instead of replacement

(and to think years ago I gave away an original pressing to a friend)

Thanks for the heads up 

So either a refund or a credit on another LP 

Been picking through Air Raid Records to add to my various artists collection. Have been enjoying this one this evening. This one’s got that killer sheen on it (which I knew). Don’t hold too much hope Kirmuss can restore this one but will give it a go. 

All The Hits (1986)

561235D1-9D60-4EC1-B57A-29EA10872185.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, stevoz said:

I get a definite audible improvement in every record that I put though the URCM process. Loss of pops and crackles, lower noise floor and often increased separation.  

With the Kirmuss URCM you generally need at least 3 rounds with surfactant applied by goat hair brush in between each wash (so about a 25min process for 2 records).  On one great record I have I ran it though around 8 times and got improvement each time until it now sounds brilliant (original 1960 US pressing of Bill Evan’s Trio’s ‘Portrait in Jazz’). 

I swear by my URCM and the Kirmuss process but it is time consuming. As with many things, the more you put in the more you get out. 

• Like 3

If like me youve always disliked (or even hated) the violin... youve never heard this fella play ;-). Inspired by @scuzzii I went searching on Amazon for something id never heard before... If you love the Blues and even Jazz this is a must have! Incredible!

28C83299-BDD8-4149-B951-647455568768.jpeg

• Like 3

This one is straight from the @scuzzii list of recommendations... First time listening... absolutely amazing! Melbourne based Afro Jazz with a bit of rapping thrown in. Wow!!! 😁😈👍🏻👍🏻

B1C740C9-EE6A-4E07-9CB1-3AA6A792C828.jpeg

• Like 3
On 08/01/2021 at 7:14 PM, Full Range said:

We are on a 3 day lockdown 

Thats music to the ears of an audiophile that likes to spin records 😎

Now as an essential worker I still need to go to work for a limited time but the majority of my time will be home 

So I’m kicking it off with an appropriate album by King Crimson for the enforced lockdown 

This album is a Re Issue

Artist- King Crimson 

Title - Red 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-Red/release/4703409

642-DC5-B9-CB03-46-B6-A9-FE-3-E1362-FC51

Stay safe FR.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Mike Oldfield, Ommadawn

1805228635_OmmadawnMikeOldfield.jpg.9494fe21dc8bb5aa39e7a4acd026d3e9.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

Hi All,

Mike Oldfield, Songs Of Distant Earth

1097168473_MikeOldfieldSongsOfDistantEarth.jpg.118622ccbcc0b1427aef2f28e45ba618.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

The Brian Jonestown Massacre ‎– Thank God For Mental Illness - 1996 - finally released on vinyl 2015 - wonderful early album with more than a little country tine to it.

QTtvzfm.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Set up my Avid TT after thinking about selling it, onto a Rega IO amp as the valve amp was warming up the room. Playing Silent Island, Fall Of Oceans

995125884_SilentIslandFallOfOceans.jpg.743e93d0a1baf8055370d20cd5c54948.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

@metal beat that can’t be right can it? I see some yellow vinyl peeking out 😉

yep.  unfortunately the only option when it was released.     but you don't buy BJM for the audiophile sound quality  - its the musical drug Anton makes.

• Like 2

Don’t have a copy of the second one so I’ll jump to the third album

1521FA67-3F97-4DC6-9C1F-81B3E1F7BDF8.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi All,

Arjen Anthony Lucassen ( Ayreon) side project, Guilt Machine, On This Perfect Day.

2108071981_GuiltMachineOnThisPerfectDay.jpg.857d10ec85db0c320a12518f3aa2bcbe.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

Songs Ohio  -  didnt it rain

Raw acoustic at its best.

Took a clean but sounding great now.

20210111_144930.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells, original Australian release, and after reading about @Full Range's problems with the 'Back To Black' copy, played it before the Oz 1973 release and it sounds closed and with less energy and vibrancy than the original release.

https://www.discogs.com/Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells/release/2455927

60661331_MikeOldfieldTubularBells.jpg.e04a12186ccee3dd4d976f68e603a308.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Peter Gunn

AP 45rpm

Big sound as are all the Mancini AP releases.

20210111_143523.jpg

The envy is killing me :) nice one

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells, original Australian release, and after reading about @Full Range's problems with the 'Back To Black' copy, played it before the Pz 1973 release and it sounds closed and with less energy and vibrancy than the original release.

https://www.discogs.com/Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells/release/2455927

I normally source VG++ / NM early pressings when possible 

Now need to find an earlyTubular Bells for the collection 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, hlov said:

Titanic OST Music On Vinyl At the movies series. Great sound quality, @scuzzii do you have one of these?

7A8369FC-BDE9-45EF-9340-131BD47DA2EF.jpeg

no mate, don't have Titanic.  Worth getting..?

• Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic