• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I have this on AP 45rpm but saw they'd released as part of the new series. The APs are $250 or thereabouts these days.

This is an excellent pressing for the $35 - $40 or so it costs.

20210105_160150.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 6

Hi All,

Sade, Soldier Of Love 

1068147411_SadeSoldierOfLoveBox.jpg.42b5c3068900667459a0dd7ec0c92185.jpg

JJ

• Like 5
3 hours ago, graham121 said:

Some Tina Turner remixes for a damp Tuesday afternoon.

676FD5D2-8267-4182-BEFE-91A229A034CE.jpeg

I like her Let's Stay Together version and the album sound quality is great

• Like 2

Something experimental today and the development  of frippertronics after Brian Eno showed Robert Fripp his tape looping system 

A wonderful collaboration by 2 brilliant musicians 

Artist - Fripp & Eno

Title - No Pussyfooting 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Fripp-Eno-No-Pussyfooting/release/7386637

9-E59-FB12-679-D-43-C6-B48-E-B798-CD3877

• Like 5

Steely Dan ‎– Gaucho - 1980 - original US pressing - Masterdisk RL mastered. excellent sounding record.

CVJhIyE.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Going to have a Sade day today, Diamond Life

2058371501_SadeDiamondLifeBox.jpg.253efa146aca09947949f0a8a7f15e2c.jpg

JJ

So John Farnham next then jj?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Carlos Santana Caravanserai. Part of the Welcome and Borboletta trilogy

832C03F9-7FE7-4C14-8F99-7E68D69F00BE.jpeg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, hlov said:

Carlos Santana Caravanserai. Part of the Welcome and Borboletta trilogy

832C03F9-7FE7-4C14-8F99-7E68D69F00BE.jpeg

Yea I like this album 

I recently played Abraxas and I was tempted to follow up with Caravanserai 

Mancini was a genius. Someone in this forum recommended me this album before and finally managed to get a nice US pressing. The first one is good and this is even better

The return of the Pink Panther 

8BB6E9BC-6B98-4B6E-B882-4EC1D66EFAA1.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi All,

17 hours ago, Full Range said:

9-E59-FB12-679-D-43-C6-B48-E-B798-CD3877

I played that on CD this morning before going to golf, great album 👍👍

Currently listening to Massive Attack, Heligo Land

960343497_MassiveAttackHeligoLand.jpg.7f5831851606972d5e991f1dd112814c.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

Bryan Ferry ‎– The Bride Stripped Bare - 1978 - original Aussie pressing sounds superb.  Interestingly, none of the Ferry solo albums have been reissued on vinyl.   

When it happens, I hope they do a better job than the Roxy digital reissues.

5g5z7oU.jpg

iO9h9WE.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Yea I like this album 

I recently played Abraxas and I was tempted to follow up with Caravanserai 

Pretty much anything from Carlos is great

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky

Damn that song to wherever he dragged it out of.  Gets me every time.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Pretty Things, Parachute

1460075101_PrettyThingsParachute.jpg.2084900c015b976f294bc753c9608e11.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

Bryan Ferry ‎– Mamouna - 1994 - very underrated album from Mr Ferry.  luv it - sounds so fresh even 27 years later and sounds amazing on 60 gm vinyl :)  180gm vinyl is such a crock of schiit.

zm7J0e3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

HI All,

Heilung, Lifa. Primitive, experimental folk music band made up of members from Denmark, Norway, and Germany. Their music is based on texts and runic inscriptions from Germanic peoples of the Bronze Age, Iron Age, and Viking Age. Heilung describe their music as "amplified history from early medieval northern Europe". Their music is usually about Norse Deities, Jǫtnar, and Valkyries. "Heilung" is a German word meaning "healing" in English.

Heilung.jpg.9908ad56d7979833d3e8bf1737c5cb29.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

So John Farnham next then jj?

Yes. My poor attempt at humour. I think I'm really funny after a few alcoholic bevies. For those scratching their heads. It was a play on words, Sadie The Cleaning Lady (Sade). In the light of sobriety. Not funny at all.😁

• Haha 3

The Strokes ‎– Room On Fire - 2003 - original US pressing - The United press sounds great and is quiet. This is my fav Strokes album.

5yYtSsd.jpg

• Like 5

Hi All,

Public Service Broadcasting, People Will Always Need Coal

983046552_PSBCoal.jpg.cc5f4709598fa9aa72d7ae05ad177ce6.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

First time spinning the new Faithless - All Blessed album.  It's a great album with good SQ, but I'm hearing a right channel crackle on both side A and B which comes across as defective - seems I'm not alone too.  People are saying they can hear it in the quiet bits but I can hear it through many tracks too.

I'll be asking for another copy.

IMG_6654.JPG

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

First time spinning the new Faithless - All Blessed album.  It's a great album with good SQ, but I'm hearing a right channel crackle on both side A and B which comes across as defective - seems I'm not alone too.  People are saying they can hear it in the quiet bits but I can hear it through many tracks too.

I'll be asking for another copy.

IMG_6654.JPG

I can confirm my first copy had similar issues  -  perhaps u got my old copy 🤣

2md copy is better, but not perfect.

As u said, superb album.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

The Rolling Stones, Their Satanic Majesties Request 50th Anniversary Release

1714930507_RollingStonesSatanicMajesties.jpg.1e88daf6c73d2882989d533b1a7a044a.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 2

More songs from the OST The Big Chill, first US pressing. Amazing sound quality and great music, I’m liking it more that the first album, it’s a shame they didn’t include RS You can’t always get what you want.

56476859-2782-4C58-9054-307EF2AB8B38.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi All,

The White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan

568755593_WhiteStripesSatan.jpg.ca77fe8b90d3b83469fe776e407f7bf0.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

I used to spend a lot of time in the S section of the record shops, too many great artists like Santana, Steely Dan, Sade and Supertramp 

Breakfast in America British pressing, it sounds amazing

184653E6-7F95-45D9-AB66-7401A597D615.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic