• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

37 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Kicking off Xmas eve with Jon Redfern 

20201224_160906.jpg

Noice, Jamie's brother is he? 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi All,

A little Pre -Christmas Music by The Flaming Lips, Imagene Peise, Atlas Eets Christmas

1260801086_FlamingLips(ImagenePeise)AtlasEetsChristmas.jpg.32797fdf47acbf83ca411731ebd3a189.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    Winter Wonderland    3:45
A2    Silver Bells    2:41
A3    Christmas Laughing Waltz (Including Jingle Bells)    4:29
A4    Silent Night    3:18
A5    Atlas Eets Christmas    3:08
B1    Do You Hear What I Hear?    4:01
B2    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas    3:00
B3    White Christmas (Binson Echorec Sleigh Ride)    3:19
B4    Frosty The Snowman    2:32
B5    Christmas Kindness Song    3:09
B6    The Christmas Song    3:41

JJ

• Like 4

Dido - Still On My Mind

Latest album from her and very good.

All her previous vinyl goes for cricket score prices these days, and this record is all but unknown in America (COVID curtailed the world tour), so grab it on Amazon as cheap as $16 delivered (from time to time). 👌

IMG_2867.jpg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 4

Knocked off early on Christmas Eve 

Needed a fix of music and decided to go back to the beginning 

This album was the catalyst for my love of progressive rock

It’s also the first record I purchased at the age of 12 or 13 ? 
The original album was lent out - but not returned and had to be replaced some years later (1978 ) 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/6443573

5-B0-FA72-E-60-CD-40-D6-951-D-89-F15-E77

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I have been waiting for this since the morning when the silver beauty arrived. It was hard to decide which record should be the first one to play. This was the one. Grover Washington Jr Soul Box, Hypnotised by the VU meters and that bass,

B215955D-8A3F-475A-9DB3-3CCE5543F854.jpeg

• Like 6

Off Topic - but heads up - JB have started the 20% off vinyl sale online now.............(yeah I already been to visit the site) LOL

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, metal beat said:

so do I.  But its not upside down like your others :)

keep forgetting when using ipad to have home button on the right.just check who can read while standing on their heads

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Brownstone - Still Climbing

Their debut (’From The Bottom Up’) is better, and though this one is appreciably rarer, it’s just not of the same standard.

They imploded soon after its release...

AA9C6B68-92BE-448A-80EB-DFE8D3564EF9.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, progladyte said:

Thought I'd spin a few favourites for Christmas......

acp.jpg

bcr.jpg

cato.jpg

cs.jpg

gun.jpg

jb.jpg

jn.jpg

jr.jpg

liber.jpg

mrh.jpg

teef.jpg

tt.jpg

wh.jpg

ws.jpg

xxxx.jpg

aerta.jpg

xxxxx.jpg

I just love the way that my sick sense of humour has appealed to so many of you reprobate members.

You all need some therapy methinks.......... 🤪

But hey, thanks for so much great input during the year, some inspirational ideas and your mate-ship.

Have a really great Christmas guys despite whatever lock-downs you are affected by and let's look forward to a much improved 2021. Let's face it, it can't have been much shitter - (is that such a word these days) (worse than 2020.

Cheers and beers

Prog

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Nina Hagen - TV Glotzer

4 track 10”

I first heard this in 1984, a few years after release. By that time I was at University and receptive to its unique power.

Wonderful melodic and lyrical, quirky punk. Still has plenty of punch. All killer, no filler too - I think it’s her best release.

“Over the wall to you ... Nina Hagen”.

423B8190-AF26-458C-A3B7-FBA8A3CDACF3.jpeg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 3

A Christmas gift from my wife. Drawling country style music with clear lyrics. Quite relaxing for an unwinding Friday evening after a lovely Christmas Day with family. 

Darrin Bradbury, Talking Dogs & Atom Bombs

8B9B0FA3-1CD4-4571-9324-000C8B425209.jpeg

• Like 4

At 11 pm on Christmas Day I got an email for 20% off on discrepancy records for 24 hours only 

I decided to get myself a present 

Heard and read some great praise on this release of a favourite record

This is it the 2 LP remix of King Crimson- In the Court Of The Crimson King 

Lp1: All New 2019 Mixes By Steven Wilson Lp2: Alternate Album Featuring Tracks Mixed By Steven Wilson And David Singleton Packaged In Original Gatefold Sleeve 

https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/king-crimson-in-the-court-of-crimson-king-50th-ann~978680

• Like 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic