18 hours ago, metal beat said:

Prince & The New Power Generation ‎– Diamonds And Pearls.  super album and has one of my fav Prince songs as the last track - Live 4 Love - it kicks.

fbOPV6U.jpg

Money don’t matter is awesome

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Hi All,

Peter Gabriel,  Secret World Live, LP #2 of 2

1321494753_PeterGabrielSecretWorldLive.jpg.5b963da450dfea742be70462d96a7cd2.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    Solsbury Hill    
C2    Digging In The Dirt    
C3    Sledgehammer    
C4    Secret World    
D1    Don't Give Up    
D2    In Your Eyes

JJ

• Like 4
19 hours ago, April Snow said:

@Monty

"Thunder" is really awesome when you want to go for a run or sing at the top of your lungs

"Willing & Able" is super funky

but of course my fav is "Insatiable"  from this Album. 💜

(Truth is I love it all......)

More Diamonds and Pearls love, I remembered this classic quote from my then five year old:790492020_PXL_20201216_2328098522.thumb.jpg.63edf4216147fa9e0e2c324b809708c9.jpg

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, metal beat said:

Prince ‎– 3121 - recent reissue - very underrated Prince album - sounds good, as does my 2006 pressing.

2006 was an unofficial release I think?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, April Snow said:

2006 was an unofficial release I think?

Its one of those debatable releases.   For Musicology they call my 2004 a promo release and for this 2006 they call it an unofficial release although it too says its a Promo release 🙂

Both sound excellent, so I doubt they are actually bootlegs and probably are promo albums that never really got any full release.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Its one of those debatable releases.   For Musicology they call my 2004 a promo release and for this 2006 they call it an unofficial release although it too says its a Promo release 🙂

Both sound excellent, so I doubt they are actually bootlegs and probably are promo albums that never really got any full release.

Oh OK, mind you I have a Madonna and Prince "unofficial" bootleg that puts some official stuff to shame............I do agree though, it is a great album and in my Top 5 I think. (nice you have both)

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Norah Jones, Playdate, a second spin today, very enjoyable, no sibilance noted as there have been comments on other releases by her recently.

823385463_NorahJonesPlaydate.jpg.e6ded854f3f448537c46f8aef0b6b90c.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

David Bowie, Space Oddity Picture Disc, sound is good, no background noise noticeable.

18239746_BowieSpaceOddity.jpg.df4e714318e1f64a2ea89f2e5b5bc79b.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

Prince And The New Power Generation ‎– Love Symbol - 1992 original Euro release - German pressing.     such a kick arrsse album and how can one not be happy listening to Prince. I think I luv this more now than when I first bought back in 92.

5ihuAJk.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Peter Gabriel, Deutsches Album, the German language version of his forth album.

1745873788_PeterGabrielDeutschesAlbum.jpg.52f34878910365c2c793966f116700f3.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

83A09E14-B8C0-452A-B7C6-BC52FC5772C2.thumb.jpeg.25ec289dd5b18d5a2c9b3fac0ee1acbf.jpeg

Anyone here like Prefab Sprout? When Love Breaks Down anyone? Apparently they were the godfather of BritBop or something like that...

Steve McQueen

2019 reissue 

Pretty good SQ wish I have the original.

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2nd album for the day. 

Hearing all sorts of new things in the music. More dynamics. Bigger sound. 

CH2s sounding the best I've heard them with the introduction of the TT upgrades. 

Dirty Projectors  -  swing lo Magellan 

20201219_103121.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 4

Next up

Smashing Pumpkins  - cyr 

Much better hearing it on vinyl than streaming. Wasnt too impressed when I streamed it, but hearing the dynamics on vinyl its a very good album.

20201219_112322.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5B493C23-A082-41F9-9E5B-B1CC712BFCEF.thumb.jpeg.d69b4dd45b24058f606f632d047669f7.jpeg

It has been a while, forgot how good this sounds for a lo-fi record. 

Iron & Wine

Our Endless Numbered Days

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, MoveD said:

5B493C23-A082-41F9-9E5B-B1CC712BFCEF.thumb.jpeg.d69b4dd45b24058f606f632d047669f7.jpeg

It has been a while, forgot how good this sounds for a lo-fi record. 

Iron & Wine

Our Endless Numbered Days

Played that in the car driving back from Melbourne.  Great album.

• Like 3
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic