Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Janjuc

    2991

  • hlov

    1844

  • Full Range

    1671

  • April Snow

    1082

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Hi All,

 

Pink Floyd, Relics

 

356204193_PinkFloydRelics.jpg.6e2c6aa7e78bc90cf8cee59b130991fb.jpg

 

Tracklist:
A1    Arnold Layne    2:52
A2    Interstellar Overdrive    9:38
A3    See Emily Play    2:54
A4    Remember A Day    4:28
A5    Paintbox    3:35
B1    Julia Dream    2:35
B2    Careful With That Axe, Eugene    7:45
B3    Cirrus Minor    5:13
B4    The Nile Song    3:23
B5    Biding My Time    5:16
B6    Bike    3:21

 

JJ

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

Love that an 11yo is into it!! May he always be in love with real music! 👍🏻👍🏻😁

Me too - my daughter does not have the same love of music that I have, even though I surrounded her with it - keep thinking someone must have made the switch at the hospital .........(joking).

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Me too - my daughter does not have the same love of music that I have, even though I surrounded her with it - keep thinking someone must have made the switch at the hospital .........(joking).

 


Hahaha, pretty sure she will like some of your music. My eldest was all about gansta rap and hip hop stuff but learned to love zeppelin and Floyd :)

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi All,

 

Tom Petty, Wild Flowers and All The Rest LP #2 of 3

 

8495773_TomPettyWildFlowersandAllTheRestLP2of3.jpg.51d974f0751376fd2fcc39cfcbcde0a4.jpg

 

Tracklist:

Side C

Hard On Me
Cabin Down Below
To Find A Friend
A Higher Place

Side D

House In The Woods
Crawling Back To You
Wake Up Time

 

JJ

 

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Finished dinner and announced it was time to spin some vinyl. My 11 year old son specifically requested this album, an oldie but a goodie. 
 

Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

 

33CB96DA-1BD9-4C0A-B227-39487106CE0B.jpeg

I bought my copy when I was 12. Only had my parents crapy Sanyo 3 in 1 to play it on.

 

Bought this one when I was 14, back when the going rate for child labour was a bob a job.

20201210_140232.thumb.jpg.33ff5b75e1eb8d416dad6db4e447fdcd.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by awty
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, April Snow said:

Me too - my daughter does not have the same love of music that I have, even though I surrounded her with it - keep thinking someone must have made the switch at the hospital .........(joking).

 

All that Brittany/Kylie/Janet...probably. scarred😨 her for life April. Ha ha.

Bet she hates noodles too.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

Do you remember the rumours that Rick was simply Kylie played at 33 on a 45? I did the experiment once 😉 Try it on 45!

Played on 78, and it sounds like Gene Simmons from KISS.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


One of my pick ups from jb yesterday 25% off. Went a bit silly but hey, buy once cry once.

Coldplay - Parachutes.

Love this album. I'd go out on a limb and say it's my favorite CP album. 

16075934614961998497064694777150.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, hlov said:


Hahaha, pretty sure she will like some of your music. My eldest was all about gansta rap and hip hop stuff but learned to love zeppelin and Floyd :)

 

 

Same with my nephew... until I played him and my niece (14 and 12yo) Whiplash by Metallica😈

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sceeta said:

One of my pick ups from jb yesterday 25% off. Went a bit silly but hey, buy once cry once.

Coldplay - Parachutes.

Love this album. I'd go out on a limb and say it's my favorite CP album. 

16075934614961998497064694777150.jpg

Great band in their early days. But their last good album was Viva La Vida. But that 1st album set a bench mark for sure. Sadly, for me they have now faded into obscurity. Bit like another great band, l love, U2; who have not put out a decent album this century. But just my humble opinion. Shame. Because old bands like Marillion/Fish, just get better with age.

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sceeta said:

Another one from yesterday. 

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

16075937404202699056571120833887.jpg

I recently bought this too... after nearly 30 years it still f'ing rocks! 

Edited by ScottyPeace
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, April Snow said:

Me too - my daughter does not have the same love of music that I have, even though I surrounded her with it - keep thinking someone must have made the switch at the hospital .........(joking).

 

Give her a lil time 😉 and dont shove it down her throat ;-)) Remember what we did when something was shoved down our throats ;-))? Play what you love and watch the moths come to the flame :-)))

 

Edited by ScottyPeace
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Great band in their early days. But their last good album was Viva La Vida. But that 1st album set a bench mark for sure. Sadly, for me they have now faded into obscurity. Bit like another great band, l love, U2; who have not put out a decent album this century. But just my humble opinion. Shame. Because old bands like Marillion/Fish, just get better with age.

 

 

 

 

Viva La Vida for me is terrible - never play it and never bout a CD since.     imo their last good album was a Rush Of Blood.

 

at least these guys have not got bloated and uninspired.

 

The Cinematic Orchestra ‎– To Believe - 2019

 

f8wZLvz.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, needlerunner said:

All that Brittany/Kylie/Janet...probably. scarred😨 her for life April. Ha ha.

Bet she hates noodles too.

Actually my daughter got me into Kylie & Britney as you know I am a Madonna fan ...................we went to see Britney's  Circus Tour & we see Kylie's tours together too - in fact we flew from the Gold Coast to Melbourne for Kylies "X Tour" as that did not come to Brisbane.....................was pretty funny as my daughter paid $500 for a very limited edition hand signed book by Kylie at the concert (only 2 of in the country) and it is MASSIVE, a big heavy photo book in a large slip case & weighs a bomb, then we had to carry it back to the accommodation and the next day do a quick shopping trip to find a suitcase big enough to get it back home as it was too big for carry on. She still has that book ........ she says when Kylie dies she will buy a house with sale of it 🤣

 

She enjoys music but not to the degree I do - it is more background to her now and not an "experience" I guess *sigh*

But music was always a huge part of my life from since I can remember ................. it has always been vital to me.................now she is not very interested in music at all .......but she is part of the Spotify Generation now...............listens to that as background..........but she has a busy life too so it is understandable.

 

 

 

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @keyse1

 

9 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Great name for a Leonard Cohen record

Yes it is, and a very good album as well 👍👍👍👍

 

JJ

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

Viva La Vida for me is terrible - never play it and never bout a CD since.     imo their last good album was a Rush Of Blood.

 

at least these guys have not got bloated and uninspired.

 

The Cinematic Orchestra ‎– To Believe - 2019

 

f8wZLvz.jpg

It's great that we can all have an opinion on these things. Don't even get me started on The Strolling Bones. Ha ha.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Actually my daughter got me into Kylie & Britney as you know I am a Madonna fan ...................we went to see Britney's  Circus Tour & we see Kylie's tours together too - in fact we flew from the Gold Coast to Melbourne for Kylies "X Tour" as that did not come to Brisbane.....................was pretty funny as my daughter paid $500 for a very limited edition hand signed book by Kylie at the concert (only 2 of in the country) and it is MASSIVE, a big heavy photo book in a large slip case & weighs a bomb, then we had to carry it back to the accommodation and the next day do a quick shopping trip to find a suitcase big enough to get it back home as it was too big for carry on. She still has that book ........ she says when Kylie dies she will buy a house with sale of it 🤣

 

She enjoys music but not to the degree I do - it is more background to her now and not an "experience" I guess *sigh*

But music was always a huge part of my life from since I can remember ................. it has always been vital to me.................now she is not very interested in music at all .......but she is part of the Spotify Generation now...............listens to that as background..........but she has a busy life too so it is understandable.

 

 

 

Well written friend April.

Maybe a grandchild will inherit your wonderful musical genetic makeup.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another jb pickup.

Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet

SQ on this is brilliant and a very dynamic recording and that deep baratone voice of Brad Roberts is amazing.

16076731374527567414418323728168.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By robes
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Ryde State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       
      2014 vinyl release by Jack White 
       
      This "Ultra LP" release features several special features:

      · Tracks A6 and B7 are locked grooves featuring elements from their respective previous tracks. "High Ball Stepper" doesn't end with a faded-out distortion as in the digital versions, it is locked instead.
      · Tracks A7 and B8 are hidden tracks pressed on their sides' labels, and play at 78 RPM and 45 RPM respectively, thus making the LP a three speed record.
      · Side A's groove is inverted and plays from the inside out.
      · "Just One Drink" consists of two different intros, each in its own groove, with both connecting at the body of the song. BA1 is acoustic, BB1 is electric.
      · Side B has a matte finish, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
      · Vinyl is pressed in flat-edged format.
      · Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
      · Tracks B3 and B4 are swapped in comparison to the digital editions, and B2 features a slightly longer intro.
      · The vinyl was mastered entirely from analog sources with no additional compression used.

      Photos:
       
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.


    • By NADbooffa
      Item Condition: VG++ Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Vermont State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, PayID or EFT Reason for selling: Unwanted gift Further information:
      Received these brand new LPs and played once and now for sale.
       
      Roxy: Tonight's the Night Live is a live album by Canadian musician Neil Young. The album is culled from live recordings made at the Roxy Theatre on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, shows that celebrated the club's opening as part of Neil Young Tonight's the Night Tour 1973. Neil Young and the backing band he called the Santa Monica Flyers played two sets a night on September 20, 21, and 22, 1973, shortly after the band had finished recording Tonight's the Night.
       
      Photos:
       
       
       





    • By tammy1001
      So after finding myself in a music store with that old familiar joy of looking through vinyl albums I wanted to add a turntable to my setup. The Project X1  is what I was thinking I would dip my toe in with. 
       
      I have boxes of vinyl of classical from the old family home, but they are in average to poor condition. (but recordings I cannot get any more) So my question is:
       
      If I am playing both new and old vinyl records,  am I going to destroy the needle? What do others here do about their original and mint collection without killing a $300 needle?
       
      Thanks!
       
       
    • By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash eft PayPal for friends Reason for selling: NLR Further information: mint condition with boxes. 
      Price is firm.  
       
      Photos:
       
       




    • By hyper
      Item Condition: Mint Sealed Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cammeray State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, bank deposit, PayPal (add 3%) Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       
      Up for sale sealed copy of Bill Evans Portrait in Jazz. 
      Happy for pickup item is located lower north shore Sydney.
       
      Postage Australia wide flat rate of $19.45 including tracking.
       
      Item will be packed securely to ensure safe transit.
       
      Any questions drop me a PM
       





×
×
  • Create New...