• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Hi All,

Midnight Oil, Makarrata Project

955650778_MakarrataProjectMidnightOil.jpg.9062b63ff88eed68bdced8a6a0fd1ee6.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    –Midnight Oil Featuring Jessica Mauboy & Tasman Keith    First Nation    
A2    –Midnight Oil Featuring Dan Sultan, Joel Davison, Kaleena Briggs & Bunna Lawrie    Gadigal Land    
A3    –Midnight Oil Featuring Gurrumul Yunupingu & Dan Sultan    Change The Date    
A4    –Midnight Oil Featuring Alice Skye    Terror Australia    
B1    –Midnight Oil Featuring Frank Yamma    Desert Man, Desert Woman    
B2    –Midnight Oil Featuring Kev Carmody & Sammy Butcher    Wind In My Head (Makarrata Version)    
B3.1    –Pat Anderson (7), Stan Grant (2), Adam Goodes, Ursula Yovich & Troy Cassar-Daley    Uluru Statement From The Heart    
B3.2    –Midnight Oil Featuring Troy Cassar-Daley    Come On Down

JJ

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Nick Drake, Five Leaves Left box album, 

531476574_NickDrake5LeavesLeft.jpg.e90fffebef36cc5a31b0afb21091adcc.jpg

Box Set Contents:-

1630724907_FiveLeavesLeft.jpg.539f5d6ab09560be7eec46395d43dbcf.jpg

JJ

So it comes with a loaded reel of the album.....how cool is that?! :thumb:

The Human League ‎– Dare - 1981 - original UK pressing I picked up few years back.   Wow, was it really that long a ago as a teenager thought this was wonderful.  great electro album.

Not sure there has ever been an album where two huge singles from the album are the last two tracks.

GS00O3p.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, metal beat said:

Eels ‎– Daisies Of The Galaxy - 2000 - original Bong Load release and pressing.  wonderful album that has not aged a day

That cover 😍

• Haha 1

Hi @stevoz

12 hours ago, stevoz said:

So it comes with a loaded reel of the album.....how cool is that?! :thumb:

Unfortunately not, it is but a cardboard disc 😢😢

JJ

• Like 1

Morning session is a double album 

This release is a special CBS promo copy that has a typed and printed 3 page Biography and a photo of the artist 

The record labels have a “not for sale stamp on them “

Artist - Frank Zappa 

Title - Tinseltown Rebellion 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Zappa-Tinseltown-Rebellion/release/7950145

B8-C6-A269-0-C0-D-44-C6-9645-DAE4-E7-B54

65-F2-EA16-82-D6-4-D12-B4-FF-1-A66-D190-

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, hlov said:

Shining on my crazy diamond . @cheekyboy I think the bass is better after I have increased the weight for the 2M black

0E69B694-3982-4947-BAED-30BCE9DBBB49.jpeg

Is it lowering down OK now too? I would keep it in the 15mN - 17mN range and I think it will track best at that VTF.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Hi All,

LP #2 of Idiot Prayer, Nick Cave

1728216265_IdiotPrayerNickCave.jpg.1179f57c096a478d00de0fb6a276003e.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    Jubilee Street    4:32
C2    Far From Me    4:14
C3    He Wants You    2:53
C4    Higgs Boson Blues    6:59
C5    Stranger Than Kindness    3:33
D1    Into My Arms    4:54
D2    The Ship Song    3:08
D3    Papa Won't Leave You, Henry    4:31
D4    Black Hair    3:03
D5    Galleon Ship    3:31

JJ

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Is it lowering down OK now too? I would keep it in the 15mN - 17mN range and I think it will track best at that VTF.

Cheers,

Keith

The lowering issue is gone ;) the cartridge is in 19 and sounds great

Peter Gabriel - US. 33rpm 2LP on Real World label. I enjoyed the album and the SQ is A1, but I need to spin it up a couple more times me thinks to fully appreciate it.

Peter Gabriel - US.JPG

• Like 6
20 hours ago, metal beat said:

The Human League ‎– Dare - 1981 - original UK pressing I picked up few years back.   Wow, was it really that long a ago as a teenager thought this was wonderful.  great electro album.

Not sure there has ever been an album where two huge singles from the album are the last two tracks.

GS00O3p.jpg

Snap!

One thing that seems so odd in retrospect was just how seriously all the bands of that era took themselves - Ultravox / Human League / Visage / Japan / Gary Numan etc.  I figure it was some kind of Krautrock hangover from listening to too much Neu! and Kraftwerk.

20201209_151244.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Anette Askvik - Liberty, received today, I’ve been waiting patiently for the first vinyl release since it was digitally released in 2011, 45 rpm of glorious audiophile quality vinyl.

E8458E83-B388-4744-9F66-A6B16598BE16.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

LP #2 of Idiot Prayer, Nick Cave

1728216265_IdiotPrayerNickCave.jpg.1179f57c096a478d00de0fb6a276003e.jpg

Tracklist:

C1    Jubilee Street    4:32
C2    Far From Me    4:14
C3    He Wants You    2:53
C4    Higgs Boson Blues    6:59
C5    Stranger Than Kindness    3:33
D1    Into My Arms    4:54
D2    The Ship Song    3:08
D3    Papa Won't Leave You, Henry    4:31
D4    Black Hair    3:03
D5    Galleon Ship    3:31

JJ

How is the pressing?    heard its noisy.

Marissa Nadler - July. 33rpm on Sacred Bones Records. Really enjoying this album, albeit a little sad and maudlin, with some very good acoustic guitar picking throughout too.:thumb:

Marissa Nadler - July.JPG

• Like 4
2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Peter Gabriel - US. 33rpm 2LP on Real World label. I enjoyed the album and the SQ is A1, but I need to spin it up a couple more times me thinks to fully appreciate it.

Peter Gabriel - US.JPG

my fav of his. the musicianship is just amazing.  Start with the 2nd album.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Metrobolist, AKA The Man Who Sold The World, David Bowie

1994152588_MetrobolistAKATheManWhoSoldTheWorld.jpg.df37fe772c128ccc58bd089d18c82931.jpg

42 minutes ago, metal beat said:

How is the pressing?    heard its noisy.

There is a some low noise, not sure if it is the recording, mixing or the pressing, also to me there are times that it sounds 'flat'.

JJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished dinner and announced it was time to spin some vinyl. My 11 year old son specifically requested this album, an oldie but a goodie. 

Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

33CB96DA-1BD9-4C0A-B227-39487106CE0B.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Finished dinner and announced it was time to spin some vinyl. My 11 year old son specifically requested this album, an oldie but a goodie. 

Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

33CB96DA-1BD9-4C0A-B227-39487106CE0B.jpeg

Love that an 11yo is into it!! May he always be in love with real music! 👍🏻👍🏻😁

• Like 4
3 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Felt like some Rick Astley!  Whenever you Need Somebody

IMG_6564.thumb.JPG.1bf63d0cd86348608cf85764d67fe3bc.JPG

Do you remember the rumours that Rick was simply Kylie played at 33 on a 45? I did the experiment once 😉 Try it on 45!

• Haha 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic