2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

The Visaton three ways did sound very good indeed there this afternoon. Thanks for a great day mate.................good to meet @ScottyPeace too.:thumb:

Had an awsome arvo with @cheekyboy, @scuzzii and @Doppelganger! The Visaton based speakers sounded absolutely amazing and now reside in my room 👍🏻👍🏻😁🥰 About to spend the hours until sunrise exploring my LP collection all over again 😁😁😁. Thankyou gentlemen for the awesome time and amazing hospitality! Its a time im sure will be shared again, and hopefully again and again.

• Like 5
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Picked up this mint 1988 UK pressing recently...... I will never play the CD version again!

i've mixed results with colour/clear vinyl. some are fine, great even, yet I've got too many bad examples that ruin what are otherwise good albums I'd like to listen to more  but can't bear to.

given the option - black, unless there's enough reviews to say otherwise 

• Like 3
On 05/12/2020 at 5:47 PM, needlerunner said:

Arrived yesterday. So it's all the artists from the Factory label...l believe ( didn't do a lot of research). 

Not listened to yet (evening session). Everthing pristine and well packaged. Very sturdy box.  Already checked for warps...👍

Bought this on a whim and for nostalgic value. Love New Order and Joy Division. Not heard of any of the other artists on the Factory Records label, but thinking they might be similar, so therefore good. This box set comes with 8 records, all in their bright coloured sleeves and matching record labels. Comes with a great booklet too. Going to enjoy reading this.

Best thing was the price $106 + shipping through Amazon (now $170, still good for 8 albums). Get this though. Left Heathrow 30 Nov, at my door 4 Dec. Thought l would be getting this mid Jan or beyond. So early Christmas present to one's self.

Will post my findings after a good listen. Gotta feeling I'm going to enjoy these albums. Hope the sq matches the presentation. You gotta  Love box sets, hey!

If anyone else has heard these records, feel free to chip in.

👌 K

16071504040861087108588624426366.jpg

16071504518228490553972056433266.jpg

Hope you enjoy it as I have enough Joy Division and New Order Lps and 12” singles from the 80s. 
as for other bands .. OMD, Happy Mondays and James were big during the Madchester .. as Manchester was called during this time 

the Mondays are a story in itself .. 2 great track on side 14 .. Hallelujah and Step on 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

Had an awsome arvo with @cheekyboy, @scuzzii and @Doppelganger! The Visaton based speakers sounded absolutely amazing and now reside in my room 👍🏻👍🏻😁🥰 About to spend the hours until sunrise exploring my LP collection all over again 😁😁😁. Thankyou gentlemen for the awesome time and amazing hospitality! Its a time im sure will be shared again, and hopefully again and again.

The sun is well and truly up... im afraid I see no end to this particular binge session. When the eyelids close by themselves and the head starts nodding... ill still fight it! Thats when Dead Kennedys goes on!! hehehe! Ill be paying for it for a couple of days but its a price worth paying  ;-))

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ScottyPeace said:

The sun is well and truly up... im afraid I see no end to this particular binge session. When the eyelids close by themselves and the head starts nodding... ill still fight it! Thats when Dead Kennedys goes on!! hehehe! Ill be paying for it for a couple of days but its a price worth paying  ;-))

Enjoy mate, that's what its all about.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Great album!

Its a Japanese pressing, sounds good although not as quiet as a typical japanese pressing!.  A quadrophonic.  Hope i'm not missing some music detail in the two channels that I'm not picking up! :) 

I have a few of quad demo albums - the SQ ones in particular if you move around in the sweet spot you can sometimes pick up weird phasing artifacts (sounds like your speakers are occasionally wired out of phase) but all the music detail should appear in a two channel setup. . You can record your SQ record onto a laptop and decode it into more modern surround formats if you need to:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sq-decoding-with-adobe-audition-for-new-converters-start-here.7939/

• Like 2

Shoji Yokouchi Trio + Yuri Tashiro - Greensleeves. 33rpm on Impex Records. This sounded so bloody good at John's place yesterday @scuzzii that I just had to spin it up again this morning. As per usual, Impex Records never fails to impress with the SQ and this trio plus one sounds fantastic. Guitar, bass, drums and organ, what more could you want?:thumb:

Shoji Yokouchi Trio - Greensleeves.JPG

Shoji Yokouchi Trio - Greensleeves rear cover.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Shoji Yokouchi Trio + Yuri Tashiro - Greensleeves. 33rpm on Impex Records. This sounded so bloody good at John's place yesterday @scuzzii that I just had to spin it up again this morning. As per usual, Impex Records never fails to impress with the SQ and this trio plus one sounds fantastic. Guitar, bass, drums and organ, what more could you want?:thumb:

Shoji Yokouchi Trio - Greensleeves.JPG

Shoji Yokouchi Trio - Greensleeves rear cover.JPG

yep - great demo album for systems.  The bass is deep and the detail is just jawdropping.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

yep - great demo album for systems.  The bass is deep and the detail is just jawdropping.

Yep, that album yesterday had the CH2s sounding amazing, even if I do say so myself!xD

Scuzzi place 6.12.20.JPG

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, that album yesterday had the CH2s sounding amazing, even if I do say so myself!xD

Scuzzi place 6.12.20.JPG

the CH2s deliver that album very very well.  They go deep.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Eno and Byrne, My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts, easing my way into Monday.

750606361_EnoandByrneMyLifeInTheBushOfGhosts.jpg.c092eb03e7b1906984153f78f3f27834.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

Prog / Rock band, Argent, All Together Now. Had one hit in Australia with 'Hold Your Head Up' in at #32 in 1972.

1665338305_ArgentAllTogetherNow.jpg.47bfe199ea379d0004bdaa166fd5bf4e.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, needlerunner said:

I agree. My apricot coloured Prince's Sign O' The Times album is one of the best sounding record l own. Thanks @aprilsnow.

The conjecture is that l don't have any Japenese pressings or first pressings to compare it with. But l do have a few MoFi albums, and it sounds better or equel to them.

I agree @needlerunner the Prince Sign O The Times is a fantastic album in the Peach Vinyl. I have the black version too that came in the boxed set, and I just think the Peach one sounded better for some reason & it is stunning to look at too 💜 It sounds Amaze Balls !!

I have only been in the hobby for 5 mins compared to you all of you - but I have noticed the new coloured vinyl is much better than some of the other coloured vinyl that I Had to play "catch up" on to add to my collection (that were released a couple of years or so ago). I usually get the Black if I have a choice - but I am not so worried now if the new releases are coloured vinyl as "mostly" they are great. I picked up a lot of Britney Spears albums from Urban Outfitters (only place that released her old albums and LTD Editions) and was pretty worried as they had splatters etc - but all of the were dead silent and perfect..............so now I have concluded it is a case by case thing ...............

• Like 5

ELO "Face The Music" 2016 remastered reissue, L/E German clear vinyl pressing......sounds great.

R-8744346-1468008000-6616.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5

Ian Dury and the Blockheads "Jukebox Dury" German 1st pressing. A brilliant best of.....these guys can play! B|

R-1767655-1242071594.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

Daniel Avery ‎– DJ-Kicks - 2LP 2016 , !K7 Records . If you want to hear exquisite well recorded electronica on perfect black german vinyl - look no further.

CLJnxzo.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

Tomorrow Was The Golden Age by Bing and Ruth, ambient piano at its best.

329670019_BingandRuth.jpg.57270e06f565112d3d6fa1d1b76b45e8.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3
Just now, cheekyboy said:

That's a really clear vinyl they used on that pressing, H.:tongue:

Yes mate, those MoFi guys are awesome 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, hlov said:

Yes mate, those MoFi guys are awesome 

I reckon they are, H, you can't even see the tracks, or the label. You'd have to be careful, it would be an easy one to lose.xD

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic