• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

5 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

@needlerunner I ordered the same 'Factory' Box Set, left the same day as yours and has the current arrival as 17th December 😢😢😢

Currently have Nick Cave on the TT, Nocturama

1181203484_NickCave.jpg.e95d9fc1b21da5b928d00735fcd53fe8.jpg

JJ

Have not played them yet JJ. Friend came round and l got on the beers. That reptilian part of my brain still tells me that vinyl and alcohol, do not mix. Glad l still listen.... instinctively. So maybe tomorrow. Still can't believe it arrived from the UK in 5 days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hlov said:

Hmm, she likes to be “on the floor” just next to the slow hand 

5244AFDB-03A5-4D15-BFBD-E0E2E90EC3FF.jpeg

More record storage space needed, mate!! I do empathise though.xD

Nothing like a slow hand for Norah too.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Neil Young, Home Grown. Recorded mid to late 1974, recorded after the release of On the Beach and before the sessions for Zuma, but only released in June this tear.

804864207_NeilYoungHomeGrown.jpg.b8c21ed290f683bff0c3cc7e3fef406e.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Arrived yesterday. So it's all the artists from the Factory label...l believe ( didn't do a lot of research). 

Not listened to yet (evening session). Everthing pristine and well packaged. Very sturdy box.  Already checked for warps...👍

Bought this on a whim and for nostalgic value. Love New Order and Joy Division. Not heard of any of the other artists on the Factory Records label, but thinking they might be similar, so therefore good. This box set comes with 8 records, all in their bright coloured sleeves and matching record labels. Comes with a great booklet too. Going to enjoy reading this.

Best thing was the price $106 + shipping through Amazon (now $170, still good for 8 albums). Get this though. Left Heathrow 30 Nov, at my door 4 Dec. Thought l would be getting this mid Jan or beyond. So early Christmas present to one's self.

Will post my findings after a good listen. Gotta feeling I'm going to enjoy these albums. Hope the sq matches the presentation. You gotta  Love box sets, hey!

If anyone else has heard these records, feel free to chip in.

👌 K

16071504040861087108588624426366.jpg

16071504518228490553972056433266.jpg

I have had it for about 6 weeks now - similar price.  nice mastering, excellent pressings, great music and better price -  a classy box set and bargin for any price under $200.

• Like 1

Have @cheekyboy visiting today and we're demo'ing my second set of speakers to someone later on. 

Warming the system up with Gillian Welch 

20201206_120028.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Have @cheekyboy visiting today and we're demoting my second set of speakers to someone later on. 

20201206_120028.jpg

hair of the dog?    LOL

good luck with the demo.

Edited by metal beat
  • Haha 2

Boy & Bear ‎– Suck On Light - wonderful new album on black vinyl. sounds so much better than the POS orange splatter coloured vinyl that I got stuck with when first released.

iyHqrfP.jpg

• Like 7

Hi All,

Late Night Tales Presents Automatic Soul, curated by Tom Findlay of Groove Amada, LP #1 of 3

407164204_LateNightTalesPresentsAutomaticSoul.jpg.d95a21578586b9ca5ff8e7e94179f15c.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    –René & Angela    I'll Be Good    7:26
A2    –Zapp    Heartbreaker (Part I, Part II)    7:22
A3    –Timex Social Club    Rumors    4:49
B1    –Mtume    Juicy Fruit    5:53
B2    –Sugardaddy Featuring Ronika    Don't Look Any Further    3:55
B3    –Meli'sa Morgan    Fool's Paradise    5:01

JJ

• Like 3
5 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

More record storage space needed, mate!! I do empathise though.xD

Nothing like a slow hand for Norah too.

I need a new place, I’m keeping an eye on the classifieds maybe a vintage town house will show up 

• Like 1

Foreigner with the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, the 60 piece orchestra and 70 piece choir really make this album something special.

D5B1D791-FD7D-4B49-8D4F-EDDD3945721C.jpeg

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, awayward said:

Foreigner with the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, the 60 piece orchestra and 70 piece choir really make this album something special.

D5B1D791-FD7D-4B49-8D4F-EDDD3945721C.jpeg

Is Lou Gram in the band and singing ?     It says some guy called Kelly Hansen :(

2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Is Lou Gram in the band and singing ?     It says some guy called Kelly Hansen :(

Kelly has been the singer since 2005, he sounds like Lou and is an excellent singer.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, metal beat said:

I have had it for about 6 weeks now - similar price.  nice mastering, excellent pressings, great music and better price -  a classy box set and bargin for any price under $200.

Ah, t"was you MB. I thought l saw a post somewhere, but couldn't remember who from. So thanks for the heads up mate.

Have listened to the first 2 albums MB. Yes sq is very good. Some of the obscure artist are quite good arnt they  There is even a reggae band on the 1st album that supprised me. I am liking what l am hearing so far. A lot of it is quite raw and unpretentious (as post punk should be). Won't say too much more, spoil the supprise for others; but looking forward to what @janjuc has to say about it.

Interestingly, jj was the first respondent to my very first post, when l first joined, a couple of years ago. I think it was a Porcupine Tree album.

Bagain of the year for mine. All l had to do was slip some MoFi sleeves into the coloured ones. Job done. Now to enjoy the other 6 albums.

👌 K

• Like 2
5 hours ago, metal beat said:

Boy & Bear ‎– Suck On Light - wonderful new album on black vinyl. sounds so much better than the POS orange splatter coloured vinyl that I got stuck with when first released.

I am getting to the point where I just won't buy coloured vinyl.  I don't think they are paying enough attention making it and making money regardless so don't care. 

• Like 2

HI All,

Last spin today, Linda Ronstadt Greatest Hits 2

684795797_LindaRonstadtGreatestHits2.jpg.8447ab28a82bcef65fc7eb111695a184.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    It's So Easy    2:27
A2    I Can't Let Go    2:44
A3    Hurt So Bad    3:17
A4    Blue Bayou    3:57
A5    How Do I Make You    2:25
A6    Back In The U.S.A.    3:02
B1    Ooh Baby Baby    3:18
B2    Poor Poor Pitiful Me    3:42
B3    Tumbling Dice    3:05
B4    Just One Look    3:20
B5    Someone To Lay Down Beside Me    4:28

JJ

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

I am getting to the point where I just won't buy coloured vinyl.  I don't think they are paying enough attention making it and making money regardless so don't care. 

My experience in the last year or so is that coloured vinyl quality has improved and is generally excellent, quiet and dynamic, obviously I don’t buy the black and coloured versions so I can’t compare, more than happy with the coloured.

Edited by awayward
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

I am one of coloured vinyl's biggest critics as the majority is noisier and does not sound as good as black vinyl..  as long as black vinyl is available I have no real problem with coloured vinyl as it tends to be a selling point for people that know nothing about vinyl sound quality.

However, some releases don't come with black vinyl as a choice which sucks.

Once people get used to the lesser quality of coloured vinyl, the days of vinyl are numbered as no longer is sound quality the biggest factor.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 6
21 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Have @cheekyboy visiting today and we're demoting my second set of speakers to someone later on. 

20201206_120028.jpg

The Visaton three ways did sound very good indeed there this afternoon. Thanks for a great day mate.................good to meet @ScottyPeace too.:thumb:

Scuzzi place 6.12.20.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Once people get used to the lesser quality of coloured vinyl, the days of vinyl are numbered as no longer is sound quality the biggest factor.

Scary stuff :(

3 minutes ago, Full Range said:

A great album that is one of my favourite Santana albums 

Great album!

Its a Japanese pressing, sounds good although not as quiet as a typical japanese pressing!.  A quadrophonic.  Hope i'm not missing some music detail in the two channels that I'm not picking up! :) 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, awayward said:

My experience in the last year or so is that coloured vinyl quality has improved and is generally excellent, quiet and dynamic, obviously I don’t buy the black and coloured versions so I can’t compare, more than happy with the coloured.

I agree. My apricot coloured Prince's Sign O' The Times album is one of the best sounding record l own. Thanks @aprilsnow.

The conjecture is that l don't have any Japenese pressings or first pressings to compare it with. But l do have a few MoFi albums, and it sounds better or equel to them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic