• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Just took delivery of this one tonight. 

Icehouse plays Flowers live at the St Kilda Festival.

Fantastic album. Crank it up and you're there. Couple of additional covers in there as well. 

16067291214013902129880943072764.jpg

• Like 10

Never really had a good listen to this great album, so on loan from a good buddy... a Mofi no less and it’s pretty dang good.....now a must get 🙏🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🙏....Dang 

409EB7A4-7EBE-43B4-BF8C-43E7FB32FCD1.jpeg

• Like 10

Hi All,

Lost In Kiev is a laid back instrumental album from French band, Persona from Paris.

595392951_PersonaLostInKiev.jpg.d4754f2c5e58d1a7cce45d4aa2cc0d06.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Duran Duran - Rio

Always loved the cover art - might put on the Laserdisc later 20201201_104237.jpg.0aa3b29451c472ad050169277705686d.jpg

20201201_105924.jpg

You don’t have the 8mm? 😛

7 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

You don’t have the 8mm? 😛

No, did have the VHS when I was a kid but it got nicked by my sisters boyfriend - it has a few racy versions of the videos on it.  I got my first laserdisc player from the tip shop about 10 years ago and this was the first LD I tracked down 🙂

...and some not Duran Duran but certainly were ploughing that furrow.

Kids in the Kitchen - Bitter Desire 12"

Hard to describe just how *loud* this thing is - it pegs the levels on the tape player in monitor mode and never lets up.  Plenty of boomy bass in it too I guess one of the advantages of 45rpm 12 inchers is that you can push the dynamics a bit more and whoever mastered it just turned up everything to 11.  Didn't care much for them back in the day but this was in the $1 bin at my local 2nd hand record guy shop and I couldn't resist it  It's growing on me.

20201201_115858.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

The Beatles, 20 Greatest Hits, 1982 South Korean Pressing: - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-20-Greatest-Hits/release/11524504

819249149_Beatles20GreatestHits.jpg.c92781684d66e8978d5728c08185c100.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    She Loves You    2:19
A2    Love Me Do    2:26
A3    I Want To Hold Your Hand    2:24
A4    Can't Buy Me Love    2:10
A5    A Hard Day's Night    2:28
A6    I Feel Fine    2:20
A7    Eight Days A Week    2:43
A8    Ticket To Ride    3:02
A9    Help    2:16
A10    Yesterday    2:04
A11    We Can Work It Out    2:10
A12    Paperback Writer    2:25
B1    Penny Lane    2:57
B2    All You Need Is Love    3:57
B3    Hello Goodbye    3:24
B4    Hey Jude    5:05
B5    Get Back    3:11
B6    Come Together    4:16
B7    Let It Be    3:50
B8    The Long And Winding Road    3:40

JJ

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Ry Cooder - Boomer's Story.

20201201_153922-01.jpeg

That record is so good l’ll put it on

I love that song Rally Round The Flag from the Civil War

Everything about Ry Cooder is great

• Haha 1

Finally an album I've wanted for a very long time which I saw come up in great condition for a reasonable price.  Japanese pressing (despite no obi).  To say i'm excited about playing this is a massive understatement.

Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night

SQ = wow.  I'm sitting on my couch in awe.  Such beautiful album art too.

IMG_6539.thumb.JPG.ea70d395975e2ec292a9a7c5fe615588.JPG

• Like 8
2 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Finally an album I've wanted for a very long time which I saw come up in great condition for a reasonable price.  Japanese pressing (despite no obi).  To say i'm excited about playing this is a massive understatement.

Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night

SQ = wow.  I'm sitting on my couch in awe.  Such beautiful album art too.

IMG_6539.thumb.JPG.ea70d395975e2ec292a9a7c5fe615588.JPG

even the original Aussie pressing sounds great

• Like 1

Pink Floyd Delicate sound of thunder, produced by DG. Really well done and it sounds great. I don’t know why they didn’t play echoes here

247BD57B-C367-448F-9CF8-CC4A1E7DFE30.jpeg

• Like 6

Sniff'n' the Tears - Fickle Heart

Weird album cover - it's not too bad MOR not a million miles from LRB or Boz Scaggs.  Despite being a one hit wonder kinda deal,  Drivers Seat is still bangin'

edit:  not LRB, more like a twee Richard Clapton.

20201202_123945.jpg

Edited by Old Man Rubber
stuff
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Bob Dylan - Hard Rain

20201202_125718-01.jpeg

I have suggested this before but if you are interested have a listen to the unreleased 1 st version of Idiot Wind

Then the Blood On The Tracks version 

And then the Hard Rain one

It goes from an unfriendly song

To an angry song

To vitriolic 

Its a demonstration of what a great singer Dylan is  and how he can use his voice to change a song from one thing to another in the space of 12 months

Everything with Bob is a work in progress so to speak 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I have suggested this before but if you are interested have a listen to the unreleased 1 st version of Idiot Wind

Then the Blood On The Tracks version 

And then the Hard Rain one

It goes from an unfriendly song

To an angry song

To vitriolic 

Its a demonstration of what a great singer Dylan is  and how he can use his voice to change a song from one thing to another in the space of 12 months

Everything with Bob is a work in progress so to speak 😀

Very good point. 

Awesome for those who don’t want the entire early (pre-rubber soul) albums - like me, or if you want a good taste of AAA Beatles without popping down the $100-$300 they now cost.

06992401-E8E7-4D16-9AB3-2048780E1FFE.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots. If you want to hear/buy an album by the Flaming Lips, this is the best intro into their music.

379919894_YoshimiFlamingLips.jpg.08983839a583b6b0988ee865bfdd0c74.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Gorillaz ‎– Song Machine Season One - brand new Gorillaz album - thankfully I lucked out and received a black vinyl copy instead of one of the POS coloured vinyl variations.

DCNGlLQ.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic