Hi All,

Following up with another Nick Cave & The  Bad Seeds, Ghosteen released a little over a year ago.

1498610550_GhosteenNickCave.jpg.9c14a90f10e973b55c1b7ff4df107a18.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Thanks @hlov

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

wishing I had a quadraphonic setup to play it but it sounds pretty damn fine the way it is.  Very loud record, punching those levels almost as much as the Styx LP.

20201127_110743.jpg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, hlov said:

Another recommended sountrack, Boy Erased, great music, sounds really nice and affordable. I got mine from JB 

EEED1639-5035-48B3-84A6-BC6690587EDF.jpeg

yep, sounded great when you brought it over Hector

• Like 1

Trying very hard not to buy new records but couldn’t help it as I have been waiting for JB 20% discount to get these two:

1. Roisin Murphy’s brilliant new album Roisin Machine. If you are too old or too young remember Sing It Back!?

It really feel like a disco resurgence this year! Earlier in the year Jessie Ware’s What’s Your Pleasure, Roisin Murphy, just this month Kylie’Disco and today Miley Cyrus’s Plastic Hearts all pay tribute to disco!!!

Of course to me Roisin is the Queen of DISCO sorry Kylie...😬

2. I always wanted Powderfinger’s Odyssey Number Five on vinyl - 2020 first time on vinyl.

In the store, I discovered:

3. Nothing But Thieves’ new album Moral Panic EU pressing!

I have the US pressing and I wasn’t impressed by its SQ... Of course this EU Optimal pressing is superior to the pos URP pressing... So were their previous albums.

4. Found Julia Holter’s In The Same Room in the discount bin. Too hard to resist...

All in all average $35/album. Not too bad and I “saved” $35. 😁

These four albums made a very enjoyable start to weekend.

A84F0E0B-62B2-4CAE-B044-69AA47ACBCB4.thumb.jpeg.1a99160e6001e5a28918a327d74a4ca4.jpeg

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, MoveD said:

Trying very hard not to buy new records but couldn’t help it as I have been waiting for JB 20% discount to get these two:

1. Roisin Murphy’s brilliant new album Roisin Machine. If you are too old or too young remember Sing It Back!?

It really feel like a disco resurgence this year! Earlier in the year Jessie Ware’s What’s Your Pleasure, Roisin Murphy, just this month Kylie’Disco and today Miley Cyrus’s Plastic Hearts all pay tribute to disco!!!

Of course to me Roisin is the Queen of DISCO sorry Kylie...😬

2. I always wanted Powderfinger’s Odyssey Number Five on vinyl - 2020 first time on vinyl.

In the store, I discovered:

3. Nothing But Thieves’ new album Moral Panic EU pressing!

I have the US pressing and I wasn’t impressed by its SQ... Of course this EU Optimal pressing is superior to the pos URP pressing... So were their previous albums.

4. Found Julia Holter’s In The Same Room in the discount bin. Too hard to resist...

All in all average $35/album. Not too bad and I “saved” $35. 😁

These four albums made a very enjoyable start to weekend.

A84F0E0B-62B2-4CAE-B044-69AA47ACBCB4.thumb.jpeg.1a99160e6001e5a28918a327d74a4ca4.jpeg

Yes, Moloko  - Sing It Back  - might give it a spin tonight when I get home.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Sophie Ellis-Bextor would like a word 🙂

Of course! How could I have missed this!? 

Sophie Ellis-Bexter - Songs from The Kitchen Disco.

A49CF2FF-94C8-4917-8BF5-61A11DD99FC0.jpeg.8e53ebbb5cee56a25c6479e6cce8b802.jpeg

• Like 7

Australiana “Party songs “

You need to be an Aussie to understand the slang but sometimes rare tracks can also be universal 

Artist -+Barry (Bazza) Crocker

Title - Bazza McKenzie's Party Songs

72-B11422-9-AAE-401-C-A566-1-ED6485-D6-A

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Received a nice parcel of some Mint 12 inches from France through the week ......

1st one is:

Madonna

Sorry 

2 x 12 vinyl

US

IMG_7077.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 8
On 26/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Sceeta said:

Just picked this one up today. Absolutely fantastic sound quality on this great folky album. I heard it on cd and just had to track it down on vinyl. Mastered to perfection.

Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest.

16063775405909201998670413104113.jpg

That is a great country music record

I would of thought it was on the more difficult side of country to listen to

They draw their inspiration from way back before the name hillbilly music was changed to country so that big city intellectuals could love it without feeling embarrassed 😀

Here is a great article about them

You should listen to Nashville Obsolete by Dave Rawlings 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/03/magazine/gillian-welch-david-rawlings.html

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

That is a great country music record

I would of thought it was on the more difficult side of country to listen to

They draw their inspiration from way back before the name hillbilly music was changed to country so that big city intellectuals could love it without feeling embarrassed 😀

Here is a great article about them

You should listen to Nashville Obsolete by Dave Rawlings 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/03/magazine/gillian-welch-david-rawlings.html

Thanks for the info. A good read. I read an article about them a couple of days ago as I was chasing more vinyl. Time (the revelator) is apparently the next album on the list to be cut to vinyl. They do all of their own mastering and have their own lathe that they restored. Certainly dedicated to their craft and perfection.  https://vinylreviews.com/vinyl-reviews-goes-on-the-record-with-gillian-welch/ 

Here's the link to that article.

39 minutes ago, awayward said:

AC/DC - PWR UP

E0D56EFF-222F-411B-974F-8346F6D5D08B.jpeg

So what's the verdict on the new album and the SQ of the recording? I've been going to get it but I think one of the daughters may be getting it for me for Chrissy.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

So what's the verdict on the new album and the SQ of the recording? I've been going to get it but I think one of the daughters may be getting it for me for Chrissy.

I’m really enjoying the album, the riffs are classic AC/DC, Angus said that he used a lot of the older riffs that Malcolm had created but never used, and not one song title has Rock or Roll in it, which was getting monotonous, SQ is good, a very small amount of background noise but no clicks or pops.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Tom Petty, Wild Flowers and All The Rest, great album, well pressed and quiet as a mouse

1215431226_TomPettyWildFlowersandAllTheRest.jpg.fff1004d84c3f66ad28976a86b9ec3d7.jpg

JJ

• Like 4
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic