• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Spun earlier.......new arrival, came today (two weeks from Russia! I'm impressed).

AC/DC "Ballbreaker" 2009 George Marino remaster, German pressing. More surface noise than the very quiet 'Power Up' but still very good SQ.

This is a cracker of an album IMO. Talk about the masters of the simple.....the main riff on the title track is virtually two notes.....but it is one of the ballsiest rock riffs I've ever heard. Salute!B)

R-10938218-1507986894-8940.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

The Go-Betweens ‎– 16 Lovers Lane - the perfect dreamy indie pop album?

original UK Beggars 1988 release -maybe 60gms vinyl - can almost been used as a Rolf wobble board 😉  been played literally several hundred times or more - still sounds perfect and this pressing is the best you will hear this album - that is the longevity of vinyl if looked after. 

tVmyomZ.jpg

• Like 6

Styx - Kilroy Was Here

Tried to get a picture of the level meters on the tape deck as well, this thing is *loud*.

also:  DOMO ORIGATO MR ROBOTO!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:  ah ha ha I completely forgot the ludicrous story line that accompanies this record.  An excerpt:

THE PRESENT is a future where japanese manufactured robots, designed to work cheaply and endlessly, are the caretakers of society.  "MR ROBOTOS" are everywhere, serving as manual labor in jobs that were once held by humans...crowds hurl rock'n'roll records and electric guitars into huge bonfires..."

Good luck hurling a spotify stream into a bonfire!  Now, if you were slightly unhinged you might argue that Styx producing this record have in fact prevented a dystopian future without Rock'n'Roll and we should thank them.  So thanks Styx!

20201126_142948.jpg

Edited by Old Man Rubber
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Styx - Kilroy Was Here

Tried to get a picture of the level meters on the tape deck as well, this thing is *loud*.

also:  DOMO ORIGATO MR ROBOTO!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:  ah ha ha I completely forgot the ludicrous story line that accompanies this record.  An excerpt:

Good luck hurling a spotify stream into a bonfire!  Now, if you were slightly unhinged you might argue that Styx producing this record have in fact prevented a dystopian future without Rock'n'Roll and we should thank them.  So thanks Styx!

20201126_142948.jpg

Thanks for showing the amp, I have tried to workout what was the brand. Is the tape deck a Marantz as well?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, hlov said:

Thanks for showing the amp, I have tried to workout what was the brand. Is the tape deck a Marantz as well?

Yep - Marantz SD4000.  Actually bought the cassette deck first (2nd hand dealer in Newcastle) then loved the look of it so much chased up an affordable but matching amp.

Got another similar vintage amp (Kenwood KR-4010) and while the Kenwood has a better FM tuner, the Marantz SR4000 has just a touch more punch and a really nice phono input to let that Technics 'table sing.  Slightly warmer tone too - although it has bass/mid/treble tone controls so a touch more flexible.  Great little period rig for vinyl.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Yep - Marantz SD4000.  Actually bought the cassette deck first (2nd hand dealer in Newcastle) then loved the look of it so much chased up an affordable but matching amp.

Got another similar vintage amp (Kenwood KR-4010) and while the Kenwood has a better FM tuner, the Marantz SR4000 has just a touch more punch and a really nice phono input to let that Technics 'table sing.  Slightly warmer tone too - although it has bass/mid/treble tone controls so a touch more flexible.  Great little period rig for vinyl.

Vintage gear is awesome, I have a matching tuner for my Yamaha amp with power vu meters :)

• Like 3

The Smashing Pumpkins ‎– Adore - 2014 reissue.  Easily the best reissue of all the Pumpkins albums Corgan did between 2011 and 2014. I understand what Corgan was trying to do with the MONO vinyl release back in 1998 with his Spector-ish wall of grunge sound but the wall is a bit too muddy -  this version just works better imo especially with the slower songs, but luv both.

d8OOXfw.jpg

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, metal beat said:

The Smashing Pumpkins ‎– Adore - 2014 reissue.  Easily the best reissue of all the Pumpkins albums Corgan did between 2011 and 2014. I understand what Corgan was trying to do with the MONO vinyl release back in 1998 with his Spector-ish wall of grunge sound but the wall is a bit too muddy -  this version just works better imo especially with the slower songs, but luv both.

d8OOXfw.jpg

Agree Shane,  excellent sq on this one.

• Like 1

Saw this posted previously on SNA and a NM copy came my way -

I don't really like the movies, but the theme songs are iconic.

James Bond Greatest Hits

Australia

IMG_7066.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Just picked this one up today. Absolutely fantastic sound quality on this great folky album. I heard it on cd and just had to track it down on vinyl. Mastered to perfection.

Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest.

16063775405909201998670413104113.jpg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

Just picked this one up today. Absolutely fantastic sound quality on this great folky album. I heard it on cd and just had to track it down on vinyl. Mastered to perfection.

Fantastic album.

Played it for @hlov on Sunday and it cost me my backup copy  :)  (well, a swap) 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

Have had this on vinyl for 7 or 8 years now and one of my favourite albums. It was in high rotation in our room at the HiFi Show last year too.👍

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Have had this on vinyl for 7 or 8 years now and one of my favourite albums. It was in high rotation in our room at the HiFi Show last year too.👍

Cheers,

Keith

I had a fellow SNA'er come down to audition my ascension speakers and he brought the cd with him. Gotta say categorically that the vinyl blows the cd away. Definitely has quickly become one of my faves.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

I had a fellow SNA'er come down to audition my ascension speakers and he brought the cd with him. Gotta say categorically that the vinyl blows the cd away. Definitely has quickly become one of my faves.

Yep, they’re all good tracks, but a few real standouts for me are Tennessee, The Way It Goes and Down Along The Dixie Line. 

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

Something completely different before dinner. Another delivery today. Fantastic album. Totally raw. Just Nick and a grand piano. Sounds brilliant.

16063814801831374291234860679704.jpg

• Like 7

Joe Bonamassa - a new day now, 20th Anniversary Edition, one of the better remixes I have, some vocals have been redone which is definitely an improvement.

418D5202-2CCB-4E9F-992D-515D197FEF72.jpeg

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

Something completely different before dinner. Another delivery today. Fantastic album. Totally raw. Just Nick and a grand piano. Sounds brilliant.

16063814801831374291234860679704.jpg

On the list this one

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

On the list this one

Definitely worth it. Would have liked to see Red Right Hand and the Weeping song on there but a great collection none the less.

• Like 1

It’s the season to be merry 

And we all need it after the 2020 Covid closedown 

Some say that this is the best Christmas album of all time 

And features many stars of the day on some tracks in accompaniment 

Artist - Bing Crosby 

Title - Merry Christmas 

30-BD7-FA4-FE07-472-B-86-A4-FAF0-A27-ADB

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Sadly it has plenty of surface noise (not unusual for a picture disk I guess) but you kinda tune it out while the music is going, between tracks and on the quieter passages it's annoying as hell though.

20201127_084149.jpg

• Like 5
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic