Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just comfortably numb!

Meat Loaf Bat Out Of Hell Australia  1977   Had a "loop skip" in it so hit it with the Revirginzer Product after I could see some crud stuck in a groove using a magnifying gla

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

35 minutes ago, Full Range said:

As in the 351 Engine 

Thanks, FR, I’m not as one eyed as I use to be, but not that long ago, if I cut myself I bled blue.😉 I’ve just been adding them up and I get to 7 different Fords that I have owned that used 351 cubic inch motors, mostly Cleveland, but a couple Windsor 351s as well.

The ‘what’ was an exclamation of it being ‘off topic’...........it is your thread, so apologies for going off topic.😊

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

Just to get back on topic, I saw John @scuzzii post this album up earlier today and it is a very good collection of America songs.............thanks mate.:thumb:

America 50th Anniversary - The Collection. 33rpm 2LP on Rhino label.

America 50th Anniversary The Collection.JPG

America 50th Anniversary The Collection back page.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

The ‘what’ was an exclamation of it being ‘off topic’...........it is your thread, so apologies for going off topic.😊

Cheers,

Keith

That was @Tab74 s post about page 351 

I just knew what he meant 😎

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

I’m not as one eyed as I use to be, but not that long ago, if I cut myself I bled blue.😉 I’ve just been adding them up and I get to 7 different Fords that I have owned that used 351 cubic inch motors, mostly Cleveland, but a couple Windsor 351s as well.

And I did part my apprenticeship at Kloster Ford in Hamilton 

I have a feeling you know that dealer 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

And I did part my apprenticeship at Kloster Ford in Hamilton 

I have a feeling you know that dealer 

I certainly do know Klosters at Hamilton and I went to High School in Hamilton too. My introduction to Klosters went back to my late teens and my dad's business had a good relationship with them and dad bought his XW GT from Kloster Ford, circa 1970. I was hooked on Fords and in particular high performance V8s from an early age. Was it a motor mechanics apprenticeship you did there?

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tab74 said:

yes in deed

OK, I probably should have been clearer, but you were being fairly cryptic too!xD I got that you were talking about the cubic capacity of a ford engine, but my post to you initially was a show of mock indignation at your blatant off topic remark.:ohmy: I'll have to brush up on my attempted cryptic comedy, me thinks.:hmm:

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

I certainly do know Klosters at Hamilton and I went to High School in Hamilton too. My introduction to Klosters went back to my late teens and my dad's business had a good relationship with them and dad bought his XW GT from Kloster Ford, circa 1970. I was hooked on Fords and in particular high performance V8s from an early age. Was it a motor mechanics apprenticeship you did there?

Cheers,

Keith

Lots of my relatives had business to business dealings with them 

And I was married in the Greek church at Hamilton 

Yes I was an apprentice Motor Mechanic in the mid 70s  but only for my last 2 years at Klosters 

It wasn’t long before I was jointly managing the servicing of the Avis fleet of cars out of a Klosters owned garage in Hunter Street 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Black Sabbath, Monomania. A collection of mono releases, made especially for AM radio.  Part of a limited box set containing the first eight studio  albums plus this LP and one seven-inch vinyl single.

675257327_BlackSabbathMonomania.jpg.2046afed7bc07e3692b629f9df0a0097.jpg

Tracklist:

Side One

“Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
“Wicked World”
“The Wizard”
“Iron Man” (Edited Version)

Side Two

“Paranoid”
“Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
“Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
“It’s Alright”
Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

JJ

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Lots of my relatives had business to business dealings with them 

And I was married in the Greek church at Hamilton 

Yes I was an apprentice Motor Mechanic in the mid 70s  but only for my last 2 years at Klosters 

It wasn’t long before I was jointly managing the servicing of the Avis fleet of cars out of a Klosters owned garage in Hunter Street 

Yep, I had that long association too, but not as far as being employed there. It was Klosters I went to for vehicles for my own business back in the mid to late ‘80s, so their return business was certainly very strong.

When I think about it, it must have been ‘69 when dad bought his XW GT because I was working in 1970 and he bought that when I was still at school. I wish I had that car parked in a garage today actually!😄

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Last spin for today, Late Night Tales compiled by Jon Hopkins 

LNT1.jpg.e9db360ef2995d2d36c9d3bdc93e776f.jpg

Tracklist:
A1    –Ben Lukas Boysen    Sleepers Beat Theme    4:52
A2    –Darkstar (6)    Hold Me Down    7:18
A3    –Holy Other    Yr Love    4:42
A4    –Teebs    Verbena Tea    4:24
B1    –Nils Frahm    More    8:56
B2    –Songs Of Green Pheasant    I Am Daylights    3:45
B3    –Evenings (2)    Babe    2:52
B4    –Letherette    After Dawn    4:31

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Last spin for today, Late Night Tales compiled by Jon Hopkins 

Tracklist:
A1    –Ben Lukas Boysen    Sleepers Beat Theme    4:52
A2    –Darkstar (6)    Hold Me Down    7:18
A3    –Holy Other    Yr Love    4:42
A4    –Teebs    Verbena Tea    4:24
B1    –Nils Frahm    More    8:56
B2    –Songs Of Green Pheasant    I Am Daylights    3:45
B3    –Evenings (2)    Babe    2:52
B4    –Letherette    After Dawn    4:31

JJ

Hey JJ,

How does this album sound?  I have Immunity and love it.

Cheers,

Chris

11 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Had a great listening session with @hlov

Didnt take any pics though. 

Continuing with this.

Analogue Productions 

20201122_203103.jpg

Thanks for the invite mate, it was great

• Like 1

Apollo 100 - Reach for the sky

More like reach for the stop button.  I have no idea what this is - a pile of strange covers and some classical re-interpretations (although "Joy" was used in the movie Boogie Nights).  It's...weird.  Also a little unpleasant.

20201123_075629.jpg

• Haha 2

Erotic Dreams - A Late Night Album for Late Night Lovers.

Some kind of crazy Telmak low budget thing, a pile of covers with uncredited musicians.

In the interest of science I decided to put the back cover instructions to the test:

A late night album for late night lovers

Get together with your favourite person,

mix your favourite drink,

put "EROTIC DREAMS"

on the Hi-Fi set,

turn the lights down low

and let the music do the rest...

I am generally more of a morning person - my favourite drink in the morning is a double shot espresso and I had trouble controlling the light this morning given the sun is coming up around 6:00am through our east facing bedroom doors.  I followed the instructions as closely as I could under the circumstances.  However I could not convince my other half that this was conducive to any kind of marital relations whatever, she decided she would rather to go work.

20201123_082318.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

Over breakfast earlier, Brian Eno and David Byrne, My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts

1027330388_EnoByrne.jpg.58f29b01fc01fc2cf6a8cf54b2f402a6.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

AC/DC "Power Up" LP (German pressing). 

Yes.....again!:P This time, I thought I'd do a mini review, now that I have listened to this about eight times and am becoming much more familiar with it, to the point that entire songs are getting stuck in my head (a good sign).

Straight up, I'll declare that this is one of AC/DC's better albums. I'd say their best since the underrated 'Ballbreaker', some say their best since The Razor's Edge. I do rate 'Black Ice' highly and the word is, a lot of this album comes from excess songs from that era and you get a sense that is true.....but I would say some of the Power Up songs are better than a few on Black Ice, which probably could have been three songs shorter. 

I like every song on Power Up but a few stand out as potential Acca classics.....my favourites at this point are Realize, (super catchy banger), Rejection (a rocker with questionable lyrics), Demon Fire (fast and furious), Witches Spell (Cliff shines), Money Shot (best solo) and System Down (heavy groover). All songs have something catchy about them and the album is well produced and of course, impeccably performed. Brian is back in a big way.....his vocals are outstanding. Angus could have let rip a little more but is still on song, Cliff is on top of his game, Stevie is frankly Malcolm Mk II (big call!) and Phil is still propelling the groove and power in ways only he can.

There is absolutely no doubt this is the best album in history by any band whose average age is 67!xD

Sonically it is fantastic and this German pressing is dead quiet....it is a very impressive production overall. Charting at one or two pretty much everywhere in the world, it is easy to see why......it is undeniably classic AC/DC with some fresh twists......and who could be disappointed in that?! Not me..... B|

ALBUM REVIEW: AC/DC – Power Up – The Rockpit

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Goanna, Spirit Of Place, Reissued 2018 on Orange vinyl

1862562845_GoannaSpiritOfPlace.jpg.920ea32b072021d593de146307c5ec76.jpg

JJ

great album

Edited by Tab74
  • Like 1

@Tab74 I'm loving that original price on the Santana triple LP!! Bargain.....even at the newer second hand price in the top corner! Good score. :thumb:

• Like 3

AC/DC "If You Want Blood"  2009 remaster, German pressing. It has to be said that as good as it is, the new album doesn't quite reach the manic heights of early AC/DC......on display here. B|

R-2881670-1428172135-9967.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic