• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuc

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Hi All,

A last one before prepping dinner, Neil Young - Homegrown, sounds better with every play.

680099555_NeilYoungHomegrown.jpg.cfb6d3b3fce3d7fa211ddb65de22a50c.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

Mariah Carey

Merry Christmas

Limited Edition Red Vinyl

US

Looks pretty and sounds lovely ........(and yes getting ready early..........) 🎄LOL

IMG_6269.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4

Boy & Bear ‎– Suck On Light  - really good album this, but the only colour available when released last year fanta milkshake - looks nice, sounds like shiite - bloated and muted in the top end.   

Found a black vinyl pressing and it arrived today.   WOW - what a difference - its still a rich sounding record, but its like the window has been wiped clean - more transparent, quieter, tight better integrated bass, depth of soundstage and a top end.   

Both have the same GZ vinyl pressing matrix - only difference is the colour.    POS coloured vinyl SUX.  Black is what its at.      This obsession with coloured vinyl pressings is stupid as fuuk when you don't even have a choice of black vinyl.

iyHqrfP.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

A last one before prepping dinner, Neil Young - Homegrown, sounds better with every play.

680099555_NeilYoungHomegrown.jpg.cfb6d3b3fce3d7fa211ddb65de22a50c.jpg

JJ

Yeah just got it last week too, certainly grows on ya👍

• Like 1

Received this today. Loving Neil Young over this lock down period, and this is just a great live album. Like all the other recent Neil reissues, the mastering and sound quality is fantastic. 

Neil Young - Live Rust

795BCC79-D6F6-4627-B9EC-90D3B1A84410.jpeg

Edited by Juzbear
  • Like 5

Hi All,

Beginning the Day with some lovely, light piano by Bing and Ruth, Tomorrow Was The Golden Age

329670019_BingandRuth.jpg.57270e06f565112d3d6fa1d1b76b45e8.jpg

From Bandcamp:

Tomorrow Was the Golden Age is an album length composition by NYC minimalist ensemble Bing & Ruth. Written and conducted by pianist David Moore, Tomorrow Was the Golden Age is a halcyonic journey to a never ending place, where music waxes, wanes and drifts imperceptibly from silence to grand, glowing sound. Tomorrow Was the Golden Age achieves a canon-level quality for instrumental music inspired by the same intentions and practices that fueled works by Morton Feldman, Gavin Bryars, Steve Reich and Brian Eno.

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

The latest album from Ayreon, Transitus. Another 'Epic' story over 2 Red LPs, this time set in the late 1800s and dealing with supernatural themes.

1362725799_AyreonTransitus.jpg.edea9a32fef758f91f8848cebe43bc3a.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Now Spinning:

My copy of Dominique Fils-Aime - Nameless which just arrived today.

It might be the best sounding modern pressing I own. The recording and mastering is exceptional and goes the extra mile by being 45rpm, I cant think of another comparable pressing I have that beats it. Really recommend getting a copy just to hear how it sounds on your system.

No affiliation to me at all. I just picked it up on a whim on Bandcamp Friday after reading the Discogs comments and liking what I heard on the BC page.

https://singwithmi.bandcamp.com/album/nameless

https://www.discogs.com/Dominique-Fils-Aimé-Nameless/release/12006365

a2522694736_10.jpg

Edited by BlackCoffee
  • Like 4

From the vault LP #38 of close to 40 

Haven't heard this album in it’s entirety or on LP before 

What a treat it was for me to listen with my full attention 

Musicianship is second to none and the music is just seminal

This is a must hear album 

Artist- Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea ‎
Title - Where Have I Known You Before

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Return-To-Forever-Featuring-Chick-Corea-Where-Have-I-Known-You-Before/release/6636871

0-A6-D3252-5-F3-B-447-E-B7-EE-6-FC8-CCBA

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 5

Acquired recently and a really enjoyable album. A version of Pretty in Pink I hadn’t previously heard and has the brilliant song, Heartbreak Beat

Psychedelic Furs, Midnight to Midnight

0E4B18F2-B576-4249-83DF-2AB3ACD28381.jpeg

• Like 6

This is a great album and recording....as a newbie to TT I must get some more records......

3D914876-8089-4627-940F-060624E0FD40.jpeg

Edited by Mendes
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Excellent album

Various Artists, They Will Have Their Way The Songs of Tim & Neil Finn

FFC691BB-1648-40E4-9980-C1B06573761D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i've seen this at JB but they want $60-$70 or so for it.  Glad its an excellent album.  I will have to pull the trigger i reckon.

12 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Excellent album

Various Artists, They Will Have Their Way The Songs of Tim & Neil Finn

FFC691BB-1648-40E4-9980-C1B06573761D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great album - but most especially Brooke Fraser's version of Distant Sun. Magnificent!

15 hours ago, Mendes said:

This is a great album and recording....as a newbie to TT I must get some more records......

3D914876-8089-4627-940F-060624E0FD40.jpeg

Well if you ever need suggestions 😊

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Well if you ever need suggestions 😊

Yeah, just need to duplicate my CD collection, but holy cow man 💰💰💰💸💸💸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Marc changed the title to Vinyl - Currently Spinning
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic