• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuggler

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

I have a massive love affair with this piece of music. The track "Voices" in particular.

Dario G - Sunmachine - 3x LP and not a single bad track on it.

Not an easy one to find, this. Took me quite a while to find a NM/NM copy of it.

Rip_2.JPG

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, AFCAD said:

Thanks, inspired(!) me to drag Dead Forever out - haven't played it for ages. Have their first three (Dead Forever, Volcanic Rock, Only Want You For Your Body). Great albums if you are into that sort of stuff.

20200627_201919 resize.jpg

Never heard of these guys before, but seems to be a few members with vinyl.  The Sabbath reference has got my attention...

and you captured the full effect of the Vertigo swirl with the perfect angle...  I always love to see that label.

Nothing spinning for me yet, won't be long and I'll be back in action.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Never heard of these guys before, but seems to be a few members with vinyl.  The Sabbath reference has got my attention...

and you captured the full effect of the Vertigo swirl with the perfect angle...  I always love to see that label.

Nothing spinning for me yet, won't be long and I'll be back in action.

Have a sample of this track and the reason for the Black Sabbath reference 

• Like 1

Following the tradition, Dire Straits after a bike ride. Making Movies  Mark’s guitar at the end of Tunnel of love is epic and it blends nicely with Romeo and Juliet

C2A167E3-9594-48E9-B2BC-6C87810C472B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I need a NM first pressing of woodface under 50 bucks so bad :), in the meantime, this is another great CH album Temple of low men

E2CF3DA2-DD24-435D-BAF5-FB0E2D970454.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Neil Young/ Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Psychedelic Pill. 33rpm 3LP on Reprise. I'm a big fan of Neil Young, but particularly when he's playing with Crazy Horse. I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Bimbadgen Estate in the Hunter Valley [Cessnock] back about 5 years ago or so and I knew at the time he was touring and performing exclusively this album, Psychedelic Pill, so this album was in very high rotation in the months leading up to the show at Bimbadgen. I thought it was fabulous, but unfortunately it was obvious that the vast majority of the audience were disappointed, because he played only two old standards, well known Neil Young songs during the entire performance. 

When Neil Young and Crazy Horse first walked onto the stage that night, they stood in a circle and did Driftin Back and it was sensational..................no acknowledgement of the audience until it was finished, well over a half an hour after they walked on stage.xD

Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill.JPG

Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill Pic Disc JPG.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

Hi All,

The Alan Parsons Project 35th Anniversary Special Edition Box Set, consisting of three CDs, one Blu-ray, two half-speed-mastered LPs at 45 rpm, a replica of an of-era promo flexidisc, and an extensive 60-page hardback book.

118524413_AlanParsonsProjectEITS.jpg.e04576bf954f484fed70c6b4eee23822.jpg

788967424_AlanParsonsProject.jpg.fe138690e9f566460b83d2927ebdeb81.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Neil Young/ Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Psychedelic Pill. 33rpm 3LP on Reprisal. I'm a big fan of Neil Young, but particularly when he's playing with Crazy Horse. I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Bimbadgen Estate in the Hunter Valley [Cessnock] back about 5 years ago or so and I knew at the time he was touring and performing exclusively this album, Psychedelic Pill, so this album was in very high rotation in the months leading up to the show at Bimbadgen. I thought it was fabulous, but unfortunately it was obvious that the vast majority of the audience were disappointed, because he played only two old standards, well known Neil Young songs during the entire performance. 

When Neil Young and Crazy Horse first walked onto the stage that night, they stood in a circle and did Driftin Back and it was sensational..................no acknowledgement of the audience until it was finished, well over a half an hour after they walked on stage.xD

He is a great musician and I think he has at least three acts: with Crosby and Nash, the crazy horse and his solo career. His solo career is probably the most popular one

and it’s the one that people like the most. I do like his work with CH and I think that Cortes the Killer is one of the greatest song of all the time

• Like 2

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush. 33rpm on Reprise. This is a relatively recent limited edition re issue, but 50 years on and this is still a great album.:thumb:

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush.JPG

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - inside jacketJPG.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 4

I saw a Japanese copy of this Rick Wright’s album on the classifieds. Interesting music, kinda PF the Division Bell

D14F2096-5825-43C0-BE11-1AA5339F5F2D.jpeg

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush. 33rpm on Reprise. This is a relatively recent limited edition re issue, but 50 years on and this is still a great album.:thumb:

22 minutes ago, hlov said:

saw a Japanese copy of this Rick Wright’s album on the classifieds. Interesting music, kinda PF the Division Bell

Have and love both albums 

@hlov Have you heard Nick Masons solo LP Fictitious Sports 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

Queen

Innuendo

US

Love the artwork from Innuendo and the 7 inch singles too. 

IMG_5337.JPG

Great album. Some people prefer Queen's early days, personally I like anything they did after (and including) "The Works". Innuendo is Fantastic.

Too bad the modern repressings sound like poo.

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Have and love both albums 

@hlov Have you heard Nick Masons solo LP Fictitious Sports 

Thanks Mr FR, didn’t know he also had a solo career, which “side” did he go? Barret, Waters or Gilmour?

2 hours ago, TDK said:

Hall & Oates - Voices

Beautiful sounding MOFI version, sounds great.

Rip_3.JPG

I was tempted to buy that pressing few years back, it’s my favourite from them. Have the first Oz pressing and it’s pretty decent. Do you have any other version to compare?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TDK said:

Great album. Some people prefer Queen's early days, personally I like anything they did after (and including) "The Works". Innuendo is Fantastic.

Too bad the modern repressings sound like poo.

I agree - the reviews on the 2009 issue are better than the 2011 ones  - but still not perfect. Overall I have been disappointed with the Queen re-issues - they are not as dynamic as they should be IMHO - the CDs do sound better - but I am a sucker for the Innuendo artwork. I have a couple of Queen items coming so hope they stack up better. This issue of Innuendo is not awful - but did have a couple of pops and minor surface noise towards the end of Side 2.  The Freddie Mercury "Never Boring" I really liked though, that sounded really rich and full but the "Barcelona" re-issue I also picked up was not so great. I picked these up cheap enough so guess that is OK. 

I like early Queen too - and I prefer the younger Freddie in Harlequin tights as opposed to the Mustache one - but I love all their albums and I really like Brian May's voice too - it is so warm and lovely - but Rogers - not so much  ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hlov said:

I was tempted to buy that pressing few years back, it’s my favourite from them. Have the first Oz pressing and it’s pretty decent. Do you have any other version to compare?

Sorry no I don't, but this one compares well against the recent Mofi SACD if that helps. If I had any gripe, I'd say it's a little light on bass.

I also had no idea they wrote "Everytime you go away". Must hurt when another artist turns your song into a mega hit.

Edited by Guest
11 minutes ago, April Snow said:

but Rogers - not so much  ?

So you're not in love with his car?

I only realised a few years ago that "Who wants to live forever" is actually a duet!

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, hlov said:

Thanks Mr FR, didn’t know he also had a solo career, which “side” did he go? Barret, Waters or Gilmour?

Mostly in the direction of Prog rock / avant jazz rock 

21 hours ago, scuzzii said:

There is a later release as well. Both top notch.

If you are into piano jazz April. Well worth a a listen. I'm a newbie to the Jazz genre. But I'm finding it it perfect Sunday winter listening.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

If you are into piano jazz April. Well worth a a listen. I'm a newbie to the Jazz genre. But I'm finding it it perfect Sunday winter listening.

this is the release I have.  it is excellent. (music and pressing)

https://www.discogs.com/Anne-Bisson-Blue-Mind/release/9929081

5 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

I shall check it out on good old "Spotty" - never thought I was into Piano Jazz to be honest - but my recent pickups of Linda Ronstadt and Annie Lennox "Nostaligia" I have enjoyed very much and agree, very calming Sunday Morning or late Arvo chill out music. The thing I love about this forum, it introduces you to other things you may not consider - thank you for the link xx

Kylie Minogues "Abbey Road" is usually my chill out Sunday music - either on Vinyl or CD - don't matter I love that album ........acoustic is always lovely.

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Neil Young/ Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Psychedelic Pill. 33rpm 3LP on Reprise. I'm a big fan of Neil Young, but particularly when he's playing with Crazy Horse. I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Bimbadgen Estate in the Hunter Valley [Cessnock] back about 5 years ago or so and I knew at the time he was touring and performing exclusively this album, Psychedelic Pill, so this album was in very high rotation in the months leading up to the show at Bimbadgen. I thought it was fabulous, but unfortunately it was obvious that the vast majority of the audience were disappointed, because he played only two old standards, well known Neil Young songs during the entire performance. 

You are so right Keith, he is an absolute living legend. It amazes me how many quality albums he still brings out in rapid succession.

I experienced something similar years ago at a BDO concert. Just him and his guitars. He played mainly his Zuma album and Crazy Horses signitures. Many of the crowd wanted his Harvest Moon songs and kept yelling out. But he was oblivious to it all, like he was in a trance.  Me l loved it, as Zuma is one of my favourite NY albums. I was buzzing for days afterwards.

Edited by needlerunner
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, TDK said:

So you're not in love with his car?

I only realised a few years ago that "Who wants to live forever" is actually a duet!

That song is a cracker - I love the story how he wanted it on the Album but the rest of the band said NOOOOOOO but he threw a Tanty and got his own way. 

His voice is like Rod Stewart's I guess but in harmony it brings the right thing to the table that is for sure.

I had some of his solo albums at one stage but never played them, so sold them off on Ebay when I was converting everything to Digital for a while there..............

Brian's solo works are good - have you heard the tracks from Pinnochio he did?

I should search for this on Vinyl...............

*sigh* just looked seems never on vinyl .........so CD it is .....

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

That song is a cracker - I love the story how he wanted it on the Album but the rest of the band said NOOOOOOO but he threw a Tanty and got his own way. 

Apparently he was going through a "car phase" at the time haha

Not to worry, he made it all up when he penned "Radio Ga Ga" - inspired by his toddler lol.

15 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Had a listen to this album last night on Spotify while trying to get to sleep through a storm. It is very good. I had not heard of this artist before. But l believe she is quite accomplished in the Jazz World.

But l am a newbie John. This is a whole new wallet breaking world for me now. Especially as jazz and vinyl are made in audiophile heaven.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, April Snow said:

His voice is like Rod Stewart's I guess but in harmony it brings the right thing to the table that is for sure.

I had some of his solo albums at one stage but never played them, so sold them off on Ebay when I was converting everything to Digital for a while there..............

Brian's solo works are good - have you heard the tracks from Pinnochio he did?

I should search for this on Vinyl...............

I'm in love with my car(s) too April...and my motor bike(s) and...my record/cd collection. And my stereo...

Gotta share the love.?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Had a listen to this album last night on Spotify while trying to get to sleep through a storm. It is very good. I had not heard of this artist before. But l believe she is quite accomplished in the Jazz World.

But l am a newbie John. This is a whole new wallet breaking world for me now. Especially as jazz and vinyl are made in audiophile heaven.

Some very expensive releases in Anne's catalogue mate.

Another great audiophile vocalist is Vaneesa Fernandez

• Like 1